• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon TCG mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
So is this going to be something to add to Essentials so you can play both a classic pokemon game with a TCG kind of "mini" game? I am not sure if I am understanding this correctly, or if it is part of a project you are calling Essentials which is basically a collection of building blocks for different pokemon based game types.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
I think the TCG is too big to be used as a "mini-game". My intention is for this to be more like a total conversion than an add-on, wherein any game using this mod will be a TCG game only. I will absolutely not support anyone wanting to use this as just part of a regular Pokémon game (even though it'll be possible to do so).

Once I get back into this, I'll rewrite the first post of this thread to have all the information and such.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
I think the TCG is too big to be used as a "mini-game". My intention is for this to be more like a total conversion than an add-on, wherein any game using this mod will be a TCG game only. I will absolutely not support anyone wanting to use this as just part of a regular Pokémon game (even though it'll be possible to do so).

Once I get back into this, I'll rewrite the first post of this thread to have all the information and such.

YAY! To me, Essentials is more about an array of core mechanics and I really like the idea of it basically being the building blocks for different approaches on Pokemon FGD than just a compilation of scripts to encompass something that is more of an all-in-one kind of set up. Once I get my 3D modeling down and a base of Pokemon and Characters I wanted to try and find a collaborative partner for setting up a 3D engine core. However, it is such a big undertaking XD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back