• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Report bugs and errors in unmodified Essentials version 21

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Pokémon Essentials Bug & Error Reporting

This thread is for reporting bugs with the latest release of
Pokémon Essentials. You may also display errors that you have received and get some feedback as to why you are getting them. However, general questions are to be kept to the Pokémon Essentials forum. When posting you should follow the proceeding rules and regulations:

• When reporting bugs, ensure that they are in fact oddities and should not happen in the kit.
  • When posting an error you have received, both post the error and how it happened.
  • When posting a bug or an error, ensure to give as much information as possible.
  • This thread is not for asking how to do something or how to use Essentials.
Happy reporting!

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkShadow21

Master of dark fire!!
Years
each time i go to work on repositioning the sprites in the editor this error comes up:

Exception: NoMethodError
PokemonSpritePos:62:in `refresh'
PokemonSpritePos:181:in `pbSpecies'
PokemonSpritePos:174:in `loop'
PokemonSpritePos:194:in `pbSpecies'
PokemonSpritePos:300:in `pbStart'
PokemonSpritePos:299:in `loop'
PokemonSpritePos:307:in `pbStart'
EditorMain:236:in `pbEditorMenu'
EditorMain:234:in `pbFadeOutIn'
EditorMain:234:in `pbEditorMenu'

what can i do to fix it?

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
Years
So, I've run into an issue when working on my project. I believe this is the right place to post it, so here goes.
How I produced the error:
When I go to one of my maps, called "Development Map A", there's a side of the map that, if I walk into, will produce the error code as shown below. I have a video provided in case my explanation wasn't sufficient enough.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlnUDZVu-_8
Error Code:
Spoiler:

Hopefully somebody knows how to help, as it is mildly impeding progress.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
The Lotto NPC causes the game to crash on Test Map 2.
Interesting. I don't think there has ever been a script that does the lottery, but it seems no one until now has ever bothered to try it. The script will need to be written from scratch, which is possible but not a priority for me at the moment.

each time i go to work on repositioning the sprites in the editor this error comes up:

what can i do to fix it?
I don't get that error, so I can't help.

So, I've run into an issue when working on my project. I believe this is the right place to post it, so here goes.
How I produced the error:
When I go to one of my maps, called "Development Map A", there's a side of the map that, if I walk into, will produce the error code as shown below. I have a video provided in case my explanation wasn't sufficient enough.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlnUDZVu-_8
Error Code:
Spoiler:

Hopefully somebody knows how to help, as it is mildly impeding progress.
It's something to do with shadows, and something to do with missing priorities. I can't say anything more without being able to reproduce the bug. Have you tried remaking your map, to see if the problem just goes away?

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
Might as well post this here. A couple of bugs that are mainly just cosmetic, but shouldn't be to hard to fix. They have been in essentials for as long as I can remember.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdWn2AYohTM

I don't know about the first bug, but the bump sounds should be as easy a fix as adding a pbWait(10) to the collision events, which are in Game_Player if memory serves.

what can i do to fix it?

A missing graphic is what normally causes this error... For me at least. Does the Pokémon you're editing have the proper front and back sprites?

Last edited:

Shinypoliwrath

RMXP Noob
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
I keep getting this error when I run playtest through rpg maker.
Exception: NameError
Message: undefined local variable or method `oldrecord' for nil:NilClass
Compiler:1104:in `pbCompileMoves'
Compiler:1086:in `pbCompilerEachPreppedLine'
Compiler:581:in `each_line'
Compiler:581:in `pbCompilerEachPreppedLine'
Compiler:578:in `open'
Compiler:578:in `pbCompilerEachPreppedLine'
Compiler:1086:in `pbCompileMoves'
Compiler:3772:in `pbCompileAllData'
Compiler:3897
When i run it through the 'game' application in the DS Essentials folder, it works fine.
I gather it's something to do with compiling data, but I'm hopeless at this sort of thing.
What can I do to fix it?

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2012
Hi people! I don't know anything about Scripts and Ruby, so I'm reporting a bug that happens to me. When I choose the starter pokemon and open the pokedex, it appears this error:

Spoiler:

I went to the script editor

line 3382 from "SpriteWindow"
Spoiler:

plz help quick!!

Derxwna Kapsyla

Years
Picked up another error, this time when I was doing a Repositioning of All sprites.
Spoiler:

I have no clue at all what's doing it, does anyone know how to fix it?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen yesterday
I also update the wikia. Check also http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=271288

Extract/Compile Text ignores Common Events
How activate: Use Extract/Compile Text
Effect: The Extract/Compile Text ignores the Common Events text.
How fix: Unknown

FIXED: Leech Seed Damage Animation Unpaused
How activate: Use Leech Seed. In the next turn be the last to attack and uses a damage move.
Effect: You can't visually notices when the attack damage is over and the leech seed damage start.
How fix: In PokeBattle_Battle, after the line "if i.effects[PBEffects::LeechSeed]>=0" add "pbWait(16)"

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2017
The NPC in the North Gate on the right hand side will often cause the game to crash or simply stop (because she can't run her route) depending on which direction you talk to her from. And depending on what choices you make in the following text boxes after you are transferred, it can cause the game to crash. This is in the Dec 24th version of Essentials (but I think I can remember it happening in past versions as well)

xdanx

But you can call me Dan :)
Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2012
The NPC in the North Gate on the right hand side will often cause the game to crash or simply stop (because she can't run her route) depending on which direction you talk to her from. And depending on what choices you make in the following text boxes after you are transferred, it can cause the game to crash. This is in the Dec 24th version of Essentials (but I think I can remember it happening in past versions as well)

And you know if it still hapens on latest version? (January 28th)

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2017
And you know if it still hapens on latest version? (January 28th)
Yep just downloaded it and checked. It remains unchanged. You talk to her from above and she goes nowhere (and so does the entire game). You talk to her from the other sides and after walking around a bit, she transports you to one of the battle facilities and they ask you if you want to go on or not. If you chose anything, the game stops and gives you the error message. I think, but I'm no expert, that since you are likely to be at battle 0 (meaning you haven't started up a battle tower challenge) and that is undefined.

Last edited:

Shinypoliwrath

RMXP Noob
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
Sorry to bump, but does anyone know what might be the solution to my error posted a little while back?
It's making testing new things impossible at the moment.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
Sorry to bump, but does anyone know what might be the solution to my error posted a little while back?
It's making testing new things impossible at the moment.

The only thing I can really say is that for one your using Essentials DS, which is, as far as I know, extremely outdated and buggy. I'm familiar with that bug in Essentials DS but don't know how to fix it(Since I never tried).

Derxwna Kapsyla

Years
I'm not sure if this is a bug or what, but in the December 24th version of Essentials, whenever I obtain the "Pokedex", it never shows up on the Pause menu. I'm not sure why it's doing this. Would anybody happen to know why? Before anybody asks, no, I haven't tested it on the latest version. I haven't quite felt like updating my version of Essentials just yet - I'm waiting till I finish what I'm doing first before I move it all over.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
I'm not sure if this is a bug or what, but in the December 24th version of Essentials, whenever I obtain the "Pokedex", it never shows up on the Pause menu. I'm not sure why it's doing this. Would anybody happen to know why? Before anybody asks, no, I haven't tested it on the latest version. I haven't quite felt like updating my version of Essentials just yet - I'm waiting till I finish what I'm doing first before I move it all over.
This is fixed in the newest release.

the__end

Pixel Artist
Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
i just downloaded the newest verion of essentials (28.01) and i get this error message after i try to open menu... =(
and i didnt changed anything...
hope you guys know whats going on... -.-

Code:
---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
Exception: NoMethodError

PokemonUtilities:1934:in `pbSetViableDexes'

PokemonPauseMenu:96:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

Scene_Map:188:in `call_menu'

Scene_Map:159:in `update'

Scene_Map:68:in `main'

Scene_Map:65:in `loop'

Scene_Map:72:in `main'

Main:37:in `mainFunctionDebug'

Main:15:in `mainFunction'

Main:15:in `pbCriticalCode'

This exception was logged in 

C:\Users\Metin\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK   

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
i just downloaded the newest verion of essentials (28.01) and i get this error message after i try to open menu... =(
and i didnt changed anything...
hope you guys know whats going on... -.-

This is about the tenth time I've said this: Start a new game. Saves from older versions WILL bug.

Also, I have a bug to report: If you do a Battle Palace challenge and retire, you do not get any of the Pokémon that were in your party but not in the challenge back. I haven't tested it yet, but I believe this happens with all of the battle frontier games in essentials, and I also believe you still lose the Pokémon if you play the whole way through.

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
havn't seen this posted yet soooo

on the title the "Press Start" doesn't appear... (It was their Loooooong ago....)

Back