• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
Years
^Yeah, I see why some people who are bisexual give off a "untrustworthy" view of themselves.

I'm poly/pansexual so it may be different for me. I can see myself loving anyone as long as they love me back. I mean, I do have some personal preferences that might lead me away to not going out with someone, however I would give anyone a chance.

When I say anyone, I mean people within age, and people who are willing to work to fix bad habits of theres.

I don't know~If you want to go into this more; I can go on to skype or msn. C:

Years
I hope there was no offense; I was just annoyed because yet ANOTHER "bi" guy wanted to... with me the other day, he is engaged to a girl. I guess a lot of what is annoying is the entitlement some people have, whether it's gay or bi; "since you are gay then we can have sex!" Ugh, the whole things irritates me. lol. This type of thing has happened a few times to me. It's like, if you are dating a girl, why is that not enough? Are they really just gay, in SOME cases?

Yeah, I would say I am one of those gay guys that, for whatever reason, just cannot trust a bisexual when it comes to dating. I feel like if I were bi, I would just think it would be sooo much easier to date and fall in love with a girl. I was just wondering why one would choose to seek out other gay or bi men when heterosexual girls are so much easier to casually meet and develop a lasting relationship with. Are most of these bi guys just MORE attracted to men? This brings up another thing, I have totally different perspectives of male and female bisexuals. I think more guys are more attracted to guys and more females are more attracted to males.
I guess I's just be ignorantz. haha
I'm gonna take a stab and say the bi guys you've encountered are all mostly young, yes? Lots of young people want to experiment with things and sexuality is gonna be one of them. I wouldn't chalk it up to them being bi. They just happen to be bi. I think it's because they're young and immature. Promiscuity is something that you find in every kind of person, but obviously your being gay means your chances of encountering that with a straight person aren't very high.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
A lot of gay people won't date people who are bi, just because they feel like the person they're dating could easily fall for someone of the opposite gender. It boils down to being a trust issue, though, because there are certainly bisexuals who can date someone of the same gender, and stay with them for years. -w- If they care about their partner enough, then it's the same as any other relationship, as stable or as risky..

It really reminds me of the misconceptions some people have about gay people, tbh. For example, I saw something a long time ago where they just went out onto the street and asked men to talk to a camera and ask questions of a gay guy. A lot of them said something along the lines of "You want some of this, right?", because their assumption was "because you're attracted to men, you're attracted to every man". This is a similar assumption but with bi people; because that person is attracted to both men and women, they're attracted to every man and woman.

Also, @Swift re: looking at boobs - girls get just as insecure about that than a guy dating a bisexual that looks at them. :P Not "I can't offer that", but "is what I'm offering not enough?" haha

Nice css Andy! I could have helped you if you were having trouble :P

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015

It really reminds me of the misconceptions some people have about gay people, tbh. For example, I saw something a long time ago where they just went out onto the street and asked men to talk to a camera and ask questions of a gay guy. A lot of them said something along the lines of "You want some of this, right?", because their assumption was "because you're attracted to men, you're attracted to every man". This is a similar assumption but with bi people; because that person is attracted to both men and women, they're attracted to every man and woman.

Also, @Swift re: looking at boobs - girls get just as insecure about that than a guy dating a bisexual that looks at them. :P Not "I can't offer that", but "is what I'm offering not enough?" haha

Nice css Andy! I could have helped you if you were having trouble :P

lol, yeah it's absolutley not true that gay guys are attracted to all men, or that all bisexuals are attracted to all men and women. I do think however, we do at least "judge" the attractiveness of the gender we are attracted to more. If I see a guy, I am more likely to assign a label IN MY HEAD that he is ugly, average, hot, or whatever. When I see women, I think I only think about their attractiveness if they are to either extreme, sometimes, mostly I just have disinterest. So, I don't think it's really that we are attracted to everyone of the gender we are attracted to, I think it's more that we are more conscience of and we judge more the appearance of the sex(es) we are attracted to.

Last edited:
Years
Hey guys, it has taken me HOURS to get this right because I am in no way to be mistaken for a coder, but here is our fancy new club design complete with the list of key terms! I know I've been saying I was gonna do this for months, but now I finally have haha.
Hello, today I'll be playing the part of Ms. Nitpicker.

That's a great job on everything, but one of the rules kind of strikes me as... well, it's something that I would like different.
"If you do not support the LGBT community, don't post here. We have zero interest in bigoted opinions and we don't tolerate them."
As much as I'm often in the mood for zero tolerance of bigotry, maybe we should be a li'l more open and say something like "You do not have to be a supporter or member of the LGBT community to join, but you must still be respectful. No bigotry will be tolerated." 'Cause, you see, I think it would be good for... how do I put this politely... people without a positive disposition toward LGBT people to have a chance to ask questions and get to know us as long as they are not rude or anything.

Also, you have someone in the member list named シーツー under 'T' when it should be under 'S'. I know I'm the only one bothered by this.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Haha I was just adapting the stuff Landorus said. I like your idea better though, so I'll fix that now.

I'll also fix the member listing haha - I have zero knowledge of Japanese so I was just trusting his judgment on that one too! XD

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Hey guys, it has taken me HOURS to get this right because I am in no way to be mistaken for a coder, but here is our fancy new club design complete with the list of key terms! I know I've been saying I was gonna do this for months, but now I finally have haha.

Just one problem: I DEMAND THAT MY NAME BE IN PINK! >:O

Oh hi all. I've been dead. Let's just pretend that I went through a huge tragedy so I have an excuse for being gone. Something along these lines: I left once my entire family disappeared, grabbing my Torchic plushie and an AK-47 and chasing down the kidnappers. I found out they were vampires, and so I killed them all and saved my family. At this point one of the vampires and I fell deeply in love. For a while, we were happy.
And then I met the werewolf.
From here I was so confused. I loved them both; who did I pick? Did I become a polygamist? What about the toilet bowl? Who did I love more? Well, of course this led the werewolf and vampire to enter a duel to the death. We went through many months of tragedy and blood, and in the end I had made my decision . . . I nuked the vampire, werewolf, and toilet bowl and married the lizard.

BUT HAI, I'm here now. Kind of. I don't know.
And as far as this bisexual topic goes . . . I don't think I can say much worthwhile until I actually start dating, lol.

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
Years
Raichu, the new coding in the club's main page looks awesome. ;w; <3

& LOL Nakuzami, if I'm never gone from PC for awhile, I hope my reasoning can be something similar. /shot

Welcome back.

& With the bisexual thing, I still think it's no less or more risky than dating anyone else. People will always have insecurities when they're dating for one reason another, because it's human nature. There's always fear of competition in bisexual relationships, same as with gay relationships, and straight, etc. -w- That's just my opinion. I wouldn't not date someone because they were bi..

Shining Raichu

Years

Just one problem: I DEMAND THAT MY NAME BE IN PINK! >:O
You're welcome :P

Also, I wouldn't not date somebody because they were bi either. In fact, in a weird way I think if anything it would make them more attractive to me. I would kind of see it as "this guy has double the options and he likes me". It would be more flattering because of that.

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
Years
Well, as someone who IS bisexual (turns out I never stopped being bisexual), I can say that I've always been faithful to those I've been with.

Btw, just because I'm bi doesn't mean I find every person physically attractive. Even then, I won't have sexual/romantic thoughts about them until I know them as a person, although there was that one time in Tunica. Even then, I can't tell you how many people broke up with me because they were afraid I would find someone of the opposite gender more attractive than them. It's almost ridiculous. Do people think that bisexual people are horndogs all the time? I mean, damn. I can at least say I'm not.

Apologies for the mini rant. Please continue as you were. :)

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
Years
Mmmhmm! That's what I was saying! Bisexual people aren't any less faithless than anyone else. -w- I mean, I'm technically bi, but if I fall for someone I don't think in the back of my mind "O HEY I'M GONNA GO HIT ON A HAWT GUY TODAY BECAUSE THE GIRL I'M WITH IS BORING NOW". Likewise, if I'm with a girl, but in a room full of guys, I won't pay attention to any of them.

Shining Raichu

Years
In the end though, for the potential partners of bisexual people, it's a psychological thing. Humans are jealous by nature, and in the mind of a jealous boyfriend or girlfriend, anybody can be a threat when they're dating a bisexual person. It's not even necessarily be the undeserved promiscuous reputation, it's just a numbers game. Double the options = double the chances for heartbreak.

Unfortunately I think throwing logic on it is useless in practice, because a jealous or concerned partner is going to be thinking emotionally rather than logically. You just have to find a secure person to be with.

Years
Unfortunately I think throwing logic on it is useless in practice, because a jealous or concerned partner is going to be thinking emotionally rather than logically. You just have to find a secure person to be with.
True dat. Jealous people are just going to be jealous.

In other news, the Man with the Big Hat in the Vatican (a.k.a. the Pope) has again warned against the dangers of allowing same-sex marriage. He also took a dim view of premarital sex and cohabitation. All these things, he says, are dangerous to stable society. [short article]

Shining Raichu

Years
Oh for Christ sake (seewutididthar?).

What's "damaging to the stability of society" is causing unrest and controversy with the public declaration of your outdated values and opinions.

This whole thing makes me highly uncomfortable. The separation of church and state happened for a reason, yet the church finds it fitting to put forth official campaigns against not only same-sex marriage, but also things like contraception and cohabitation. It is almost as though the Church still feels that the government must answer to them and their warped moral senses.

Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2012
I'd like to join,please.

As for the current topics; all of the bisexuals I know are really cool, in fact my best friend is bi, and the church needs to keep itself out of peoples' business.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
I think it's ironic that the Pope tries to control the meaning of marriage, while never having been married and probably has never been in love. I don't understand why anyone bothers to listen to him (even if you are religious), he is the epitome of hypocritical.

Alec Empire

Are you ready to testify?
Years
I think it's ironic that the Pope tries to control the meaning of marriage, while never having been married and probably has never been in love. I don't understand why anyone bothers to listen to him (even if you are religious), he is the epitome of hypocritical.
I'm not saying that I agree with anything that the Pope has to say(most of it's completely unimportant), but he is the leader of the world's most widespread religion, so he is a pretty important guy. Important people are usually listened to, for the better or worse.

Years
Hey, here's more sobering news. I know, I know. I'd like to bring up good news, but this one in particular got me really... well, you'll see.

[here is the full article]

article said:
Young people who identify themselves as so-called Emos are being brutally killed at an alarming rate in Iraq, where militias have distributed hit lists of victims and security forces say they are unable to stop crimes against the subculture that is widely perceived in Iraq as being gay.

Yeah. What a great thing we did in Iraq.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years

I LOVE YOU FOREVER. Marry me? x3

The separation of church and state is jus' a myth, really, so long as "one nation under God" remains in its happy little place, the church will always be just one step away from state religion. And we all know the path that takes us down. It's... iono... in a way, if some people /need/ a book to tell them to behave or a big man in the sky will spank them for eternity... maybe theres a net gain. But if people could just be good people because it's a decent thing to do, we wouldn't need the threats.
"one nation under God" is so politically incorrect. Censor everything else, but not that. xD /dun listen to me I'm weird

And the Bible is annoying. I've never read it, but I know that man wrote it and man has had over two thousand years to edit it, and they have. BAH.

Oh, I just remembered some small little thing for the bisexual topic (although not really) My sister's ex-boyfriend (whom is bi- they both are, actually) told her that if he wasn't dating her, he'd totally date me. Then he just kept saying that to annoy her. I just find it funny, 'specially since they dun know I'ma gay, although my sister is convinced and he's like, four years older than me /adds nothing of importance to le current topic

And lastly, I don't pay attention to the pope or anything. I don't even know what he looks like, so I'ma pretend he looks like this:
Spoiler:

They both probably have the "I'm a total arse don't listen to me" thing down. ;P

/is so extremely useless in serious conversation

EDIT: @Fuzzy-Scarf-Person-Quote-Thingy: Oh . . . lovely . . . that's so very nice. I feel like going to Iraq now. -.-;

Back