• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Determine My Gym Leaders' Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astrid569

The Copper Head
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
Ok so my friend, Kim, and I are writing a fanfiction (yes really) and I'd like for you all to give me ideas on what my gym leaders' pokémon should be. Here is a list of the leaders:
1. Debbi - Bug
2. Wyatt - Water
3. Gallahad - Psychic
4. Kai - Fire
5. Faust - Dark
6. Zari - Electric
7. Glacies - Ice
8. Estell - Steel ((edit)Three of Estell's pokémon have been chosen already)

In this story of ours, pokémon up to generation 3 are being used as well as those pokémon's evolutions. For example, an Elekid is available up to generation 3. All it's evolutions are available as well, including Electivire. However, a pokémon like Riolu would not be available because neither it nor it's evolutions were available in Gen. 3 and below.

If you would like to view any pictures of anything relating to my region, Dost, please visit my deviantart page. My username is Astrid569. Just go to my gallery and to the folder marked "pokémon"

In case you were wondering, Estell's pokémon are Mawile, Metagross, and Steelix. (Edit) Feel free to recommend others to add.

Thank you for your help!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Any help related to writing would go into the subforum labeled the Writer's Lounge, so I'll move this thread over there for you.

For some advice, why not just pick a few Pokemon from the type that would fit the character? You'd have to keep in mind the skill levels that each leader might be battling against. For instance, Debbi, if she's the first Gym Leader in your region, will be battling younger/newer trainers more often compared to Estell. There's also the matter of how many Pokemon you'd want each trainer to have. To me, it's kind of weird to have your final Leader not having a full team of six Pokemon to give a full challenge to any trainer. But I would have Debbi with two or three Bug Pokemon to help ease trainers into what they're getting into.

As I said, though, it's difficult to pick Pokemon for characters we don't know anything about. Like with Estell, she might prefer battling with bulky defensive Pokemon, and that's why she doesn't have Skarmory or Scizor on her team.

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
Years
What about Gallade? Gallade is the evolved form of a male form of Kirlia, who is a Gen 3 Pokemon?

If that is the case, I will suggest these Pokemon for each gym leader. The ones in bold are the ones I personally would choose for them, the rest are there in case those suit your fancy.

1. Debbi - Bug

-Spinerak/Ariados
-Scyther
-Weedle, Kakuna/Caterpie, Metapod
-Beedrill/Butterfree
-Paras/Parasect
-Volbeat/Illumise
-Surskit/Masquerain
-Venonat/Venomoth

2. Wyatt - Water

-Gyrados
-Lotad/Lombre/Ludicolo
-Goldeen/Seaking
-Staryu/Starmie
-Tentacruel

3. Gallahad - Psychic

-Gallade *if he can be, considering how it nearly matches his Leader's name, and he is the evolution of Kirlia, which is 3rd gen.*
-Espeon
-Alakazam/Hypno
-Kadabra/Drowzee *the opposite of the one picked above, assuming you want this*
-Ralts/Kirlia
-Gardevoir *assuming Gallade isn't applicable*

(Assuming Gallade is not applicable, I would say Gardevoir and Hypno, along with Espeon.)

4. Kai - Fire

-Arcanine/Houndoom
-Growlithe/Houndour
-Vulpix/Ninetales
-Flareon
-Numel/Camerupt
-Torkoal
-Slugma/Macgargo

5. Faust - Dark

-Umbreon
-Houndour/Houndoom
-Crawdaunt
-Absol
-Sableye
-Carvahnna/Sharpedo

6. Zari - Electric

-Raichu *Cliche I know, but it's really powerful, and trainers are powerful, yes?*
-Voltorb/Electrode
-Electrike/Manectric *opposites again*
-Magnemite/Magneton *Perhaps Magnezone, seeings how he is the evolved form of Magneton?*
-Lanturn
-Plusle/Minun

(Again, assuming Magnezone is not applicable, I would recommend Lanturn.)

7. Glacies - Ice

-Snorunt/Glalie
-Dewgong
-Cloyster
-Delibird *well, it certainly wouldn't be expected*
-Swinub/Piloswine *again, maybe Mamoswine?*
-Sneasel
-Spheal/Sealeo/Walrein

(If Mamoswine is a no-go, I would pick Walrein.)

Again, the choices I picked in Bold are what I recommend, while the list gives your the other options. Not every Pokemon from each generations were put on the list, they are ones that I would suggest, but the bolded Pokemon are the three I think would be more diverse and 'unique'.

Happy choosing, and best of luck with your story! Hope I helped! :D

Pacifist

Its a Destiny
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2014
The ones in bold are my personal favorites and the ones in italic are the ones i think that could be the ace
- Debbi - Bug
Surskit/Masquerain
Pinsir
Venonat/Venomoth
Anorith/Armaldo
Nincada/Ninjask/Shedinja
Dustox/Beautifly
Paras/Parasect
- Wyatt - Water
Horsea/Seadra
Krabby/Kingler
Corphish/Crawdaunt
Corsola
Wooper/Quagsire
Clamperl/Huntail/Gorebyss
- Gallahad - Psychic
Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir/Gallade
Chingling/Chimecho
Spoink/Grumpig
Natu/Xatu
Espeon
- Kai - Fire
Vulpix/Ninetails
Growlithe/Arcanine
Ponyta/Rapidash
Torkoal
Houndour/Houndoom
Slugma/Magcargo
Flareon
- Faust - Dark
Umbreon
Houndour/Houndoom
Absol
Murkrow/Honchkrow
Nuzleaf/Shiftry
Carvanha//Shapedo
Cacnea/Cacturne
- Zari - Electric
Magnemite/Magneton/Magnezone
Chinchou/Lanturn
Mareep/Flaffy/Ampharos
Plusle & Minun (Make it a double battle maybe?)
Jolteon
Electrike/Manectric
- Glacies - Ice
Snorunt/Glalie
Smoochum/Jynx
Dewgong
Lapras
Swinub/Piloswine/Mamoswine
Cloyster

Astrid569

The Copper Head
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
Thanks so much guys! I love your suggestions and will keep them in mind. ^0^ Thanks for your help.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 26, 2014
1. Debbi - Bug
Butterfree lv. 13 Scizor lv. 15 Beedrill lv. 13
2. Wyatt - Water
Sharpedo lv. 24 Sealeo lv. 26 Crawduant
3. Gallahad - Psychic
Alakazam lv. 31 Gardevoir lv. 33 Gallade lv. 31
4. Kai - Fire
Torkoal lv. 36 Macargo lv. 38 Camerupt lv. 36
5. Faust - Dark
Absol lv. 41 Umbreon lv. 43 Shiftree
6. Zari - Electric
Manetric lv. 45 Electivire lv. 47 Magnezone lv. 45
7. Glacies - Ice
Cloyster lv. 55 Glalie lv. 55 Froslass lv. 57 Dewgong lv. 55
8. Estell - Steel
The 3 choosen Metagross lv. 62

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
The Writer's Lounge has a rule against posting in threads that are over a month old. Check the date of the last post in a thread before responding. Double-check the rules of a section to see their rules on bumping old threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back