• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Mystery Universe [PMD MMO]

phosphate5

Random little kid
Years
When completing missions, You can expand your inventory when you ranks upgrade from a certain amount of explorer points.
Yeah well... I haven't exactly found out what missions and explorer points are in this game just yet, or how to get them.

Also, where's Sunny Hillside? (At least I found Happiness Lake by myself :P )

Ankoku Flare

Artsy Dragon
Years
@brightview Ehahaha YES! I see what you did there x3

@Phosphate5 Its a few maps left from happiness(its pretty near)
Here one of contributors made a while back, a friend of mine was kind enough to a couple of newer places.
2up2rnojpg-1.png

@ TrollShammy80 Yeah passtimes are always convenient~ Also, Welcome back!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 14, 2015
Downloading now! It looks fun. looove mystery dungeon:) I wish more people did.

Years
As fun as it looks, I've been unable to try it out. Like others in this thread, I've been having a problem with the graphic update installing, it always freezes for me (and I've tried countless times).

Hopefully it will cooperate sometime soon and I'll be able to enjoy this game.

phosphate5

Random little kid
Years
Thanks, the map helps a lot :)

I still have several problems though, and I can't find any answers in the guides in the PMU forums.

Firstly, I'm confused by the day/night system in the game, because sunrise happened yesterday around 4pm for me. (?)

Secondly, I finally found the place where you get jobs, but it kept saying there weren't any jobs left. So... are there always only a few jobs a day, and everyone's fighting for them, or what?

Thirdly, I see that the way to evolve many non-levelup-evolution Pokemon involves getting really lucky and getting a really rare item from a boss (i.e. link cable) or, as one guide on the PMU site says, from places ("Friendship forest" for sun ribbon, etc.) that don't seem to be on the map. Could you give an explanation for this?

And is there a way to get other starters in the same file? (Is there a trade system, preferably usable between your own files?)

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
Hey, what the client's name? I want to use my Start Menu to find it, but I don't know it's name. I installed it and have no idea where it installed to. Can anyone help?

Ankoku Flare

Artsy Dragon
Years
Some of the older guides tend to have information on the previous version of our game which contained dungeons that no longer exist.

Though it is true some pokemon drop evolution items.
You may want to ask experienced players for it.

You can find the client under computer>C:>Program Files> Pokemon Mystery Universe>Client

Just create a shortcut of PMU file and drag it onto your start menu if it isn't there.

phosphate5

Random little kid
Years
Thanks for all the info... I think I pretty much have the hang of it now :D

Except, one question: What exactly is an "Oren berry"? I used one, but nothing happened :/

Coronation

Psychic Gym Leader
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2017
Thanks for all the info... I think I pretty much have the hang of it now :D

Except, one question: What exactly is an "Oren berry"? I used one, but nothing happened :/

Oren berries were introduced in PMD2 Sky, along with other 'lookalike' items. Instead of healing you by 100 HP, it damages you by 10 HP. Lookalike items basically do the opposite of what item it's based from, so be careful :P

phosphate5

Random little kid
Years
Oh :P
One other question: Are abilities implemented? If not, will they be? (It'd be cool if there was some way to get dream world abilities)

Just to make sure... how does Budew evolve in this game?

Coronation

Psychic Gym Leader
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2017
Oh :P
One other question: Are abilities implemented? If not, will they be? (It'd be cool if there was some way to get dream world abilities)

Just to make sure... how does Budew evolve in this game?

I don't think abilities are implemented yet. Dream world abilities would be pretty cool, but that's a lot of abilities on a single Pokemon (in Mystery Dungeon, Pokemon have both abilities).

And for Budew, I'd say that it evolves by IQ, but I don't think it's implemented either. So it probably only needs the Sun Ribbon to evolve.

phosphate5

Random little kid
Years
Meh... I asked around on global chat, and apparently the Sun Ribbon is unobtainable... as is the Soothe Bell. Well, that sucks.

A few more questions ( :P )

1. First of all, is it like in PMD where most moves do the same base damage? As in, do water gun, bubblebeam, surf, etc. have the same power, just different effects?

2. Also, if there's an event (e.g. for Easter), where will the special dungeon be located?

3. How does item trading and stuff work?

4. So far, all the quests I've seen give money as a reward. Will I eventually get quests that give items I need (like evolutionary items)?

5. Some relatively new guides seem to say Ancient Relic no longer exists... if so, what's the final goal in the game that's implemented so far?

6. If Bronzors, Sneasels, or Smoochums are still obtainable, where can they be found?

7. What's Staff Garden?

I'll probably ask more questions as I think of them.

----
Right now, my team is:
Poliwag lv. 26
Mudkip lv. 16
Rattata lv. 19
Oddish lv. 12
(Weedle lv. 10)

Depending on how much the obtainable pokemon have changed since the guides I looked at were made, my plan for a final team could include stuff like:
Houndoom
Breloom
Smoochum/Jynx
Magneton/Magnezone
Bronzong
Sneasel/Weavile

Suggestions?

Coronation

Psychic Gym Leader
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2017
Meh... I asked around on global chat, and apparently the Sun Ribbon is unobtainable... as is the Soothe Bell. Well, that sucks.

A few more questions ( :P )

1. First of all, is it like in PMD where most moves do the same base damage? As in, do water gun, bubblebeam, surf, etc. have the same power, just different effects?

2. Also, if there's an event (e.g. for Easter), where will the special dungeon be located?

3. How does item trading and stuff work?

4. So far, all the quests I've seen give money as a reward. Will I eventually get quests that give items I need (like evolutionary items)?

5. Some relatively new guides seem to say Ancient Relic no longer exists... if so, what's the final goal in the game that's implemented so far?

6. If Bronzors, Sneasels, or Smoochums are still obtainable, where can they be found?

7. What's Staff Garden?

I'll probably ask more questions as I think of them.

----
Right now, my team is:
Poliwag lv. 26
Mudkip lv. 16
Rattata lv. 19
Oddish lv. 12
(Weedle lv. 10)

Depending on how much the obtainable pokemon have changed since the guides I looked at were made, my plan for a final team could include stuff like:
Houndoom
Breloom
Smoochum/Jynx
Magneton/Magnezone
Bronzong
Sneasel/Weavile

Suggestions?

I'm gonna try my best to answer some of these questions the best I can:

1) I'm pretty sure that moves work exactly as they do in PMD, with the power and accuracy rated in stars.

2) I've overheard people taking about that dungeon and that it would probably open on Easter. I think I saw the special dungeon during my explorations. There was a place with a statue that was blocked off with rocks. If so, it's somewhere to the right of Grassroot Town.

3) I think there's a command for trading, but I don't know the specifics.

4)I'm not sure about requests, seeing that I've only done like 5 or so =/ I personally think that the center is too far from the town to repeatedly make visits D=

5) Not sure about that question. Although I'm curious about what happens with that Eevee XD

6) I'm gonna guess that since most of those Pokemon are mountainous in location, that they would be located somewhere in Winden.

7) No idea :P

For a team, I'd reccomend having the leader as a Pokemon with high HP, and a Pokemon that can walk on water. For example, I sometimes set my Bibarel as leader, and my Wingull can fly across obstacles such as water and lava. Besides that, just carry whatever you'd like, preferably a team with diversity :P

phosphate5

Random little kid
Years
Thanks for the tips :P

Just wondering... for the Easter event dungeon, what floors are Torchic, Ralts, and Riolu eggs available on?
(I asked on there last week and people told me to find out on my own, but seeing as I'm only allowed to play on saturdays, and for a limited time, it'd be good if someone could tell me first.)

Coronation

Psychic Gym Leader
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2017
Thanks for the tips :P

Just wondering... for the Easter event dungeon, what floors are Torchic, Ralts, and Riolu eggs available on?
(I asked on there last week and people told me to find out on my own, but seeing as I'm only allowed to play on saturdays, and for a limited time, it'd be good if someone could tell me first.)

I'm not really sure. I remember obtaining 4 Mystery Eggs with a friend of mine while in Holiday Cave (although I fainted in Floor 29 :( ) One hatched into a Pichu, and three became Bad Eggs, which brought up a notice that they would be removed next time I logged in. Not really sure how eggs work.

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2015
Awesome Game~

PMU is an AMAZING MMO, I have been playing for about 9+ months, and I absolutely love it!
The community is very helpful (staff are there constantly), plus the game itself is very well put together.

I hope you all take a chance and try out the game~

Back