• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
How do I change the name of the "evil team"?

Just use a hex editor which supports table files and load the ROM with it. Then search the name of the "evil team" and replace it accordingly.
Alternatively you could try using A-Text.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
hi. is it possable to have flags like this: 0x10EF or is it just numbers: 0x1000

also is it possible to make a flight position with AM

thanks in advance
link

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
hi. is it possable to have flags like this: 0x10EF or is it just numbers: 0x1000

In mathematics and computer science, hexadecimal, base-16, or simply hex, is a numeral system with a radix, or base, of 16, usually written using the symbols 0–9 and A–F, or a–f.

0x[something] means that's hexadecimal. Therefore you can use letters.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
hi. i have another problem. i have a mp in my hack that has trainers and wild pokemon. somtimes if i battle a wilp poke when i go back to the screen the players gone and i can move the player. somtimes if i battle a trainer i become the trainer. i heard that if one is set to look down then this happens but none are set to that.

any help would be good
thanks in advance
link

Hat?

Banned
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2008
does anybody by any chance know where i could get the supposed patch that enables you to hack the title screen in pokemon gold (it decrypts it or something), or whether or not there is another way to hack the title screen????

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 5, 2023
How do I make the little [!] appear over someone's head in a script? You know, the little [!] balloon that comes up when a trainer sees you.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
How do I make the little [!] appear over someone's head in a script? You know, the little [!] balloon that comes up when a trainer sees you.
The key words in your post are "in a script." This belongs in the Script Discussion thread. So, I'll have to direct you to the first page of the Script Discussion thread. In one of zel's posts on the first page there is a list of all the movements in Firered, including the one you're looking for.

Years
i am trying to repalce to male hero from the R/S/E/FR/LG with a custom one. i am trying to replace the back sprites, overworlds etc. but first i am going to change the palettes but i dont know which to edit with a custom palette to have the rite colors for custom hero. and do i have to have palettes for every type of sprites i replace? i so far have a palette for the overworlds and back sprite . can some1 plz help me on this

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 5, 2023
The key words in your post are "in a script." This belongs in the Script Discussion thread. So, I'll have to direct you to the first page of the Script Discussion thread. In one of zel's posts on the first page there is a list of all the movements in Firered, including the one you're looking for.

Thanks! I found the thread and the post alright. Now if only zel would reply to the PM I sent him like two weeks ago. :D

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
In other words, it is '0x62'., To make the "!" pop up above your head.

i am trying to repalce to male hero from the R/S/E/FR/LG with a custom one. i am trying to replace the back sprites, overworlds etc. but first i am going to change the palettes but i dont know which to edit with a custom palette to have the rite colors for custom hero. and do i have to have palettes for every type of sprites i replace? i so far have a palette for the overworlds and back sprite . can some1 plz help me on this
Import the bitmap image over the one you want to replace, in OWE.
Then you click 'import palette' along with 'import image'.

Last edited:
Years
cooley plz accept me on msn messenger

when i try ur way cooley i get overflow error i edited the overworlds to be 16 colors ans saved it on photoshop bmp in 16bit format

Last edited:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Ok I got a question.
Everytime I save in A-Map, The changes don't take effect in the rom

When I play it. I move a Green S script somewhere unreachable, but it's still
at the place where it was before I moved it.

Can someone tell me Why? Please don't ignore.
And I saved 5 times, and 4 times using 'Save as'.
-cooley

Years
I have searched this whit the search function and I couldn't find it so I'm gonna ask it here...

Can you change the oak script(any script) or do you have to make a whole new script?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Ok I got a question.

Can someone tell me Why? Please don't ignore.
And I saved 5 times, and 4 times using 'Save as'.
-cooley

While changing.., is the emulator running the ROM..? If so, are you on the map where you have done some changes? If so.., move away from the map and save, then open the ROM again.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
cooley plz accept me on msn messenger

when i try ur way cooley i get overflow error i edited the overworlds to be 16 colors ans saved it on photoshop bmp in 16bit format

Could you post the image you're trying to use maybe?
I'd like to see if it's a bug on my Overworld Editor. Thanks.

Ok I got a question.

I got the same problem few times and I've fixed it easily, after juggling a bit.
All you have to do is to close the emulator, clear any savegames and load the ROM again.
Eventually, if you don't want to clear savegames, just after loading the game enter and exit a house. That should work as well.

Can you change the oak script(any script) or do you have to make a whole new script?
Editing the original script is risky since if you don't pay much attention you could overwrite some important data after the Oak's script. It would be better to make a new make, mabye copying some parts from the original one. As you like.

Years
Editing the original script is risky since if you don't pay much attention you could overwrite some important data after the Oak's script. It would be better to make a new make, mabye copying some parts from the original one. As you like.

Thnx
But how can you ..uhm how do you say it... see the script if you know what I mean..?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 5, 2023
Thnx
But how can you ..uhm how do you say it... see the script if you know what I mean..?

There's a mention of a tool on either the Rom Hacking -> Toolbox forum or the Rom Hacking -> Documents & Tutorials forum. Says something about viewing RSE scrips with some progeam (forget the name). Look there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back