• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Which starter did you pick?

Which did you pick?

• Total voters

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott are the three starters of the Unova region, which are grass, fire and water types. Which will you pick and why?

495Snivy_Dream.png
498Tepig_Dream.png
501Oshawott_Dream.png

Remember, this thread isn't for discussion of the starters, it's just asking which one you'll pick ^_________^

Nateon

Pokemon Will Be Real One Day!
Years
I bought japanese pokemon black and chose Mijumaru/Oshawott as it was my second fave of the starters and i love the final form, for the english one i'm taking Tsutarja/Snivy and i think it's awesome and i'm hoping i can get a female one like Ash's in the anime =]

blue

gucci
Years
It's between Oshawott and Snivy, simply because I chose Tepig in Pokemon White (Japanese) however, I still might go for Tepig being my favourite starter. But I'll most probally go for Oshawott because it's got the best final evolution IMO.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Totally choosing Snivy/Tsutarja. I love grass type starters and this will be the fourth time that I've used a grass-type starter.

GaXeL

Feraligatr Master
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2012
I honestly don't like any of them...

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
As much as they are uber cute, and there evolutions are super duper, I have decided that neither shall make my team, instead I'm getting a Torcoal traded over from my friends Japanese Black n.n

Ryden

Friendly Lurker
Years
Snivy, but no way I'll be calling him that, Smugleaf all the way XD

This works out will for me too, since two of my closest friends plan to choose the water and the other the fire. Kinda neat this gen worked out that we all I had different preferences for a change

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years
My first runthrough I'll start with Tepig and my second runthrough I'll go with Snivy
It was a hard choice

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2012
I'm planning to use Oshawott my first time through Black/White. I would like to use Snivy at some point as well, whether it be on the third version or I just get both games

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
I'm picking Snivy, which is the first time that my favorite starter is the Grass one. After Charmander in gen 1 my favorite was the Water starter in gens 2-4. I think the other two are two of the worst starters. The only ones I dislike more are Chikorita and Chimchar. I do plan on trading for the other two, however.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I picked Oshawott in my JP White and my brother will pick Tepig, and that leaves me with Snivy. I also haven't picked a Grass-type starter for a long time.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 3, 2015
I usually have a tendency to pick fire or water first before grass (the exception to this was Bulbasaur, I loved all Kanto starters)... but, I must admit that the grass starter looks sweet in these games. Snivy will be mine! :D

Back