• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
Years
I am not so sure about Kanto. On the one hand, there hasn't yet been a Generation where Kanto has not appeared. On the other, maybe that would be a good thing.

Isn't it really all just a coincidence that we've ended up with a version of Kanto in each generation?

1st. Kanto was the main location.
2nd. Kanto was connected to Johto.
3rd. The first generation games were remade.
4th. The second generation games were remade.

I heard suspect things about Johto possibly being included though: In HGSS, they say the Burned Tower is to be rebuilt (something not said in the originals), and in the original games, during development, it was widely speculated Johto (and to some extent, possibly Kanto, although as we know they later came out with FRLG instead)) would have appeared - this is supported by resequenced music tracks from GSC being found in the game (Radio Tower under Rocket control, Route 38, GSC Pewter City, Beast Trio theme, and an unused Pokemon Center theme).

There was a topic about this recently, and a couple of members in there explained why it was nothing significant. The topic is here.

I think it would be sooo awesome if they did let us visit an old region, but that's not what Ruby/Sapphire was. Isn't the timeline set up as to where the Kanto adventure and Hoenn adventure happened around the same time while all of the other ones happened various years later?

It would be weird visiting Johto pre-G/S/C/HG/SS adventure, and it would be weird visiting Kanto as well. Especially when thinking of beating Red... Which if this happened they'd BETTER include Leaf this time. :pink_blankstare:

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2022
They can do whatever they want - it may even be a 'reimagining' and not a true remake, or even a pseudo-sequel to the original games.

Another clue since Summer rolled on and the Undella Town villas have been filled up: The middle villa has two people on holiday from Hoenn, and Steven is mentioned. Cynthia mentions a meeting of the Champions where the Champions of each region assemble together to battle.

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2015
Dive being in BW definitely makes me think that there is a good chance of a RS remake. Like Suicune said, Dive wasn't included in Gen IV. Including that mechanic in the engine was most likely GameFreak looking forward.

More than anything, the fact that RS remakes are guaranteed to sell 1 million+ copies makes me think Nintendo will be pushing for some remakes. :cheeky:

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
i still think it will be an emerald remake, the emeralds in cercrelan cave in HG/SS and the emerald mine in the gym (forgot which one, sorry) in B/W wasnt for nothing, thats enough evidence right there considering there was absolutly nothing going toward R/S besides the legendarys, and even that if you get both of them you get RAYQUAZA! think about it....

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
Well, think of this:
Gen.3 had R/B/G remakes
Gen.4 had S/G remakes

Now, fallowing this order it would be logical to have
Gen.5 have R/S remakes.

And if they do, I will buy them! At least one.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
I'm going with R/S remakes, because, you know, people want as much money as they can get, so why not make two games with lots of differences?
That'll make them more influenced to buy the other version, unless they can trade.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
i still think it will be an emerald remake, the emeralds in cercrelan cave in HG/SS and the emerald mine in the gym (forgot which one, sorry) in B/W wasnt for nothing, thats enough evidence right there considering there was absolutly nothing going toward R/S besides the legendarys, and even that if you get both of them you get RAYQUAZA! think about it....

I think that might be digging a little too deep into the barrel, tbh. I enjoy Emerald more than RS, but why would they remake the deluxe version? It'd rake in more to remake the two counterparts, plus it's just more unique, and it goes in accordance to the originals. Don't see why they're wanna mess that formula up now.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I bet they'll do it like they did on HGSS. They would include Emerald features together with the R/S features. I like it better that way, I just hope they keep Wallace as the champion and make Steven in Meteor Falls much harder to fight. <3

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years

I think that might be digging a little too deep into the barrel, tbh. I enjoy Emerald more than RS, but why would they remake the deluxe version? It'd rake in more to remake the two counterparts, plus it's just more unique, and it goes in accordance to the originals. Don't see why they're wanna mess that formula up now.
i see what you mean, but the previous games also left hints to future games and remakes, yeah sure there were mentions of the hoenn region, but nothing directing toward a R/S remake in particular, dont get me wrong, if R/S remakes DID come out i would buy them for sure, hoenn is my second (johto being first) region to ever play through, but emerald just seems more likely if you look at the evidence.

blue

gucci
Years
I just really hope that they decide to remake Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire. They are almost unplayable now as the DSi & 3DS is taking over especially for younger generations who are just getting into gaming who will go straight for a DSi/3DS. That and the fact that R/S/E are the best Pokémon games of all time (in my opinion) ;)

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2022
I bet they'll do it like they did on HGSS. They would include Emerald features together with the R/S features. I like it better that way, I just hope they keep Wallace as the champion and make Steven in Meteor Falls much harder to fight. <3

They could do both: Make Steven the Champion at first, but after beating him, he disappears and is replaced by Wallace in the tougher Pokemon League, with Steven becoming the most powerful trainer in Meteor Falls.

Theab95

Legend hunter
Years
They will do R/S remakes, in Lance's room in HG/SS There's a red/blue Pokeball
where he is standing, that's a hint.
It would be great If they do like B/W, In the last gym make Wallace in the remake of Ruby, Juan in the remake of Sapphire.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
They will do R/S remakes, in Lance's room in HG/SS There's a red/blue Pokeball
where he is standing, that's a hint.
It would be great If they do like B/W, In the last gym make Wallace in the remake of Ruby, Juan in the remake of Sapphire.

That's a good idea actually...or make Flannery the last Gym Leader in Ruby (Red/Fire?)

PLOT TWIST!

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
Sort of on-topic, I heard there was a guy working on a ROM hack of BW that will act as a remake of Ruby and Sapphire. People have made some progress, making the main character sprite look like the one from RSE, and they have a hack where you can battle steven in a double battle. I for one am very excited about this, but of course I will still buy Nintendo's version whenever it comes out (hopefully on 3DS :D)

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
We went over this on the last page. It will never happen because there is no tool out that can edit the maps of a DS Pokémon game, creating a brand new DS Pokémon hack is of yet impossible for this and other reasons.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I think they will remake R/S
Due to it's suppose to be a tropical island.
and ... well look how it turned it. Doesnt look to tropical does it.

And also R/S/E cannot connect to B/W anymore.
Unless migrating from r/s to hg/ss then from Hg/ss to B/W using poke transfer (fun fun fun!)

But as for someone saying them remaking red and green again.
That doesn't need to be done since HG/SS Sorta counts as a remake of it since it includes kanto kind of and the legendaries and wild pokémon.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
Sort of on-topic, I heard there was a guy working on a ROM hack of BW that will act as a remake of Ruby and Sapphire. People have made some progress, making the main character sprite look like the one from RSE, and they have a hack where you can battle steven in a double battle. I for one am very excited about this, but of course I will still buy Nintendo's version whenever it comes out (hopefully on 3DS :D)
I do not consider that hack a RSE remake type of hack. It is in the Unova region still. The creator stole sprites from around the web. Plus some of those sprites(Roxannes) are god awful.

NatureKeeper

One thing for sure, if RS Remake is announced, then we know Diamond and Pearl are getting a remake next generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back