• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]Pokemon World Tournament Discussion

Do you like Pokemon World Tournament?

• Yes! I love this new feature!

Votes: 170 89.5%
  • No, I don't like this new feature!

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Maybe, I am not sure I like or don't like this new feature.

Votes: 18 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Speaking of Emerald Wallace appears as the Champion along with Red, Blue, Lance,Steven, Cynthia, Alder, and the player.

Steven has Metagross, Achelops, and Excadrill according to Serebii.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Serebii has updated with some of the teams (All Level 50)

Drayden - Haxorus, Altaria and Druddigon
Brycen - Cryogonal, Dewgong and Vanilluxe
Shizui - Wailord, Mantine and Jellicent
Green - Machamp, Arcanine and Exeggutor
Alder - Volcarona, Reuniclus and Chandelure
Steven - Metagross, Excadrill and Archeops
Cynthia - Garchomp, Roserade and Togekiss
Alder (they use random selections from their team) - Conkeldurr, Volcarona and Braviary
Lance - Dragonite, Kingdra and Flygon

Once you beat the Unova leaders, the other region leaders are unlocked. Then once all those are complete the World Leaders opens up which merges all the previous together. Once you beat the World Leaders the Championship tournament will finally open.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
At first, I didn't care much about the World Tournament, but after reading up about it on Serebii, and drawing comparisons between it and the past Battle Frontiers, I'm starting to like it, particularly the Rental Tournament.

I really do like the fact that you get to battle past gym leaders and champions. I was even surprised to find Red as one of the champions.

Perriechu

Years
At first, I didn't care much about the World Tournament, but after reading up about it on Serebii, and drawing comparisons between it and the past Battle Frontiers, I'm starting to like it, particularly the Rental Tournament.

I really do like the fact that you get to battle past gym leaders and champions. I was even surprised to find Red as one of the champions.

That's what I'm most looking forward to. And like past rental features, the Pokemon will considerably stronger as you win more battles.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
I think the older generation player characters should've been the Champions, based on your player's gender

Perriechu

Years
I think the older generation player characters should've been the Champions, based on your player's gender

Why? Because then players who just started in BW won't know who they are. Plus this way it gives Lance, Steven etc something to be happy about. Since Lance, Steven etc do not get attention any more.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
^ I think you should add Wallace to that list poor guy was only champ for one game...

But yeah I agree it's best to have the already set champs rather than the player characters. It would be cool if they added a match against the rest though...they could have both the guys and the girls and not mention which one of them is champ as they are called Pokemon trainer already so no giving that away or causing fights...except for Leaf...

Perriechu

Years
You battle Hue, Cheren and Achroma in the world championship tournament in Driftveil. Their Pokemon are level 25. Hue's is; their starter, the ape weakest to you and Tranquil. Cheren's is Stoutland, Watchog and Cinccino. Achroma's is Magneton, Elgyem and Klink. Idk if this has been mentioned already. The tournament is fixed so you battle those 3.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Well, once again Leaf gets the shaft... I'm hardly surprised anymore, but that doesn't make me any less angry.

My chances of buying the games are now slim to nil. Only thing that could possibly convince me otherwise is the fact that I wasn't gonna give the tournament the time of day anyway.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Well, once again Leaf gets the shaft... I'm hardly surprised anymore, but that doesn't make me any less angry.

My chances of buying the games are now slim to nil. Only thing that could possibly convince me otherwise is the fact that I wasn't gonna give the tournament the time of day anyway.
What were you expecting though? Leaf hasn't made an appearance in any of the games other than FR/LG, whereas Red is something of a poster child as far as the protagonists are concerned.

If all of the male protagonists had been featured and none of the female protagonists, then I would understand your frustration. Red just happens to be a special exception because he's been there since the beginning and played a short role in GSC/HGSS.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
I just did the I guess "tutorial" one in the story that explains how it works. I did a Lv25 one. I already enjoy it more than any previous Frontier.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
Yep, he's right.

I'm trying to get through as fast as possible for the other teams, but others might beat me to it. Either way, trying to get as much info as possible :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back