• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
that is what I do it just doesn't work...ex: I have a the top of a tree and I it on the [up] section then I put grass on the [down] section.

When you edit the behaviour bytes, did you save it in Block Editor and Advance map? That might work, but i am not sure.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Where can I find the Titlescreen picture and title in unLZ for my firered rom?
or atleast around the offsets for it.

Why can't you look for Charizard yourself?
Are you disabled?
Does your index finger not work?
Stop asking for EVERYTHING and do some of the work yourself.

I have the unLZgba number for you THIS time, but this is for EVERYOE who asks for things that have been asked/found a million times.
Use the search function, look to see if there is a tutorial in the Docs./Tuts. Section, and look yourself!

That is the number you type into unLZgba

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2009
Where can I find Trainer animation in unLZ or Tile Molester

Or reconmend an easier program for doing this

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Where can I find Trainer animation in unLZ or Tile Molester

Or reconmend an easier program for doing this

How about you look through Tile Molester yourself, since that is what other people do.
( I don't know where it is for R/S/E, but I CAN tell you, for FR/LG it is in the bottom half of the file.)

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2016
hey i remember seeing a while ago a program that would change ruby text to look more similar to how the text looks in fire red. but ive searched and i can't find the program again. any1 know what im talkin about?

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
hey i remember seeing a while ago a program that would change ruby text to look more similar to how the text looks in fire red. but ive searched and i can't find the program again. any1 know what im talkin about?

It's called Tile Molester Alternate, I, myself haven't even tried to change the text so I don't know any offsets. You'll have to search around for that xD.

ghostofherooftime

Phantom of the Internet
Years
Hey it's been a very long time since i've been hacking but i've picked my old project back up. I've basically forgotten everything i have ever known LOL.

So.. here are my questions. (HACK IS FIRE RED)
1. I know that a mew battle won't obey in Fire Red. And i understand that there is a setobedience script...but i have never been able to make it work. I had an idea though. Is there a way that you could slip a setobedience code into just talking to someone? like.....if you talk to them the pokemon who's in the first position will have full obedience? Could someone tell me if that would work and if so how would a script like that be written?

2. Is there a guide somewhere that will tell me how to add new overworld sprites not just edit the already existing ones?

3. Is there a way to add additional trainer sprites rather than just editing the already existing ones? if so could you tell me how, link me to a guide?

Thank you!

DiSCIclaimer

Is Taking Over The Earth
Years
  • Seen Sep 20, 2009
Uhhmm srry if this doesnt belong here or anythin...but since i have replaced my old overworld sprite with the new one in ruby..it goes transperant in the truck event<.... how do i fix that?...

Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by techie775
I've been editing Pokemon Fire Red and I've been trying to do a bunch of different things (add trainers, more pokemon you can catch, more legendaries) and I noticed when you get to Pallet Town there's Pink splotches all over the screen. Could this be from me using more than one script editor to make changes? Is there any way I can fix this? Has anyone even heard of this?

I think it had something to do with that thing on the right side of advancemap (where it says border block) shows you all the available picture sprites you can put in and some are garbled up like they are in the game. I'm wondering if you can use a sprite editor to fix this...

I reckon your ROM's screwed up.

Well I figured that.... I did some investigating and I narrowed it down to to one script. I made a script where you encounter Entei and get a chance to catch him and I got it to work exactly how I want it. But when ever I add the script then and then I go to Pallet town, the graphics are messed up and a bunch of pink spots all over the place. Can anyone check this and see if it causes a conflict?

'---------------
#org 0x8009AE
lock
faceplayer
cry 0xF4 0x0
msgbox 0x826D648 MSG_NORMAL '"Entei: Ggrrroooowwlll!"
wildbattle 0xF4 0x2D 0x0
fadescreen 0x1
hidesprite LASTTALKED
fadescreen 0x0
setflag 0x8
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x26D648
= Entei: Ggrrroooowwlll!

sometimes it also has an error message about subscript out of range.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2016
It's called Tile Molester Alternate, I, myself haven't even tried to change the text so I don't know any offsets. You'll have to search around for that xD.
well once i find the offset then how do i change it?

0d'

Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2014
Hello guys, I'm having a problem when testing a map...

Spoiler:

Can you see this blue area ? The map is surrounded of...
How can I fix that ?

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Hello guys, I'm having a problem when testing a map...

Spoiler:

Can you see this blue area ? The map is surrounded of...
How can I fix that ?

In the top right hand corner of the map, there is the border block, change it so that it fits as you wish.

well once i find the offset then how do i change it?

Paste your new one on top of the old. Then if it needs it, edit the palette in APE.

Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2010
I thought I had something similar to this one time. Did you delete or reposition the area north of the screenshot. That might cause it. Either that or you have two areas in the same place? Those are my guesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back