• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Youkai Academy [OOC/SU][T]

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Frio doesn't eat, due to his Youkai race, he simply thinks about food and it is in his stomach

Real reason he didn't eat: He was training hard in the morning and had to go to school early for detention.

I lolled at the first reason.

I see, does he join the battle though?

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
>Pink posts Boot to the Head
>Day = Made

Oh, and Gavin's fighting. He'll need a little rehab time, but he should be in class by Friday.
DARN YOU LEAFY, POSTING THAT AWESOME VIDEO.

I've known about that one for a long time :c

And posting irrelevant videos is my job ;-;

Sapphire Rose

Years
Volt has. He ate a sandwhich. Or half of it.

Added to the list c:

>Pink posts Boot to the Head
>Day = Made

Oh, and Gavin's fighting. He'll need a little rehab time, but he should be in class by Friday.

I knew you would like it c: If you could get Gavin in class at friday then i'd be grateful. So i'll add Gavin to the list.

DARN YOU LEAFY, POSTING THAT AWESOME VIDEO.

I've known about that one for a long time :c

And posting irrelevant videos is my job ;-;

MUWAHAHAHAHAHA... you're fired.

Just kidding.

That i'm the GM doesn't mean I can't post irrelevant video's c:<

Khawill

<3
Years
Okay so I have some abilities that the (all powerful and godly) Snowpeople have access to
1. Ring of Ice- Frio draws a large circle on the ground around his target (has to be physically drawn) he then quickly creates a circular wall of ice on the circle. 1.5 meters away he builds another ring around it (with him in between the two.) He then sprints around punching the ice, shooting spikes into the ring wherever he punches. The ring takes preparation to set up, and spikes only last a few seconds. The ring lasts as long as it can be physically maintained

1b. Entomb- Frio and another snowperson use their strength to push the wall in, as an attempt to crush his targets. This ability cause physical strain, and is best used at the end.

2. Rose of Ice- Frio slams upon the ground, ice comes up from the ground around him (two meter radius, height of 1.5 meters). Frio is completely protected as the ice rose twists and closes up. After complete, he shatters the rose, shooting ice shards around him.

3. Ice Lance- Frio creates seven lances of ice on the ground around him. They can be used by allies as weapons. Additionally he creates an 8th one for himself, which is controlled by him and breaks into chains. It has considerably long piercing range.

4. Ice Line- Frio forces ice spikes to come up from the ground in a straight line, melting shorty after.

5. Acrobatic Trick Walls- Frio does a series of acrobatic maneuvers. He creates arches of ice and walls of spikes. Frio must complete the entire routine, otherwise he has a chance of impaling himself, or losing control.

6. Ice Claw: A natural, subconscious ability tha occurs when Ice people do not take their form. The claw can be extended, or widened to be used as a weapon or shield as needed. This ice is unique as it is part of the snowperson, breaking this ice will result in incredible pain. Additionally the ice is not as dense as anything created by the ice person. (This is how I see the claws, not canon)

7. Expansion- Frio's ice creams into the cracks and crevasses of an object. He then quickly expands the ice, shattering the object. (Wood, scratched doors, and concrete very vulnerable). This can be used to shatter armor. It requires constant physical touch to complete.

8. Ball of Ice- Frio creates a ball of ice. He then throws it. If it makes contact with his target, it'll probably hurt, but it will stick to the target and expand. It will creep its way from the impact point, disabling the target. (The spread range depends on the size of the ball. Te chance of actually hitting the ball decreases the larger it gets).

8b. If the ball misses the target, but hits a wall behind them, it will shoot a spike out (size dependent on the ball) from the impact point.

9. Ice pilar- Frio creates a pillar of ice below him, coming up at high speed and launching himself into the air. He then throws down shards of ice at his target. When he lands on the pillar it shatters, doing no damage, but reducing the impact of the fall. If he misses the pillar, he may become injured.

10. Extinction- After Frio gets bored of the fight, he yawns and all his enemies shoot themselves into space. He then closes his eyes for sleep, which causes an ice comet to destroy the enemies in space. His snores cause a random species in the universe to be one extinct.

11. Ice dart- Frio creates a small ice dart in his mouth. He is able to spit the dart at high speeds at his target. (It literally causes no damage, it is a bit thinner than a thumb tack. Additionally this move should only be used as a last resort to annoy your opponent.)

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
11. Ice dart- Frio creates a small ice dart in his mouth. He is able to spit the dart at high speeds at his target.

Talk about spitting in someone's face.

But yeah, most of those just seem unnecessarily complicated and flashy. You would never see Yuria performing the vast majority of those techniques. (However, expect to see enemies shooting themselves into space. :3)

@Sapphy, you can count Yuria in on the class trip.

Last edited:

Khawill

<3
Years
Creating Frio post, he is destroying classroom no biggie (don't leave him unattended).

Additionally, he doesn't know those moves yet, rather those are what he will learn.

Finally Tornzero, these moves are unofficially copyright, as in Frio owns them! If you wish to use them, you must ask Frio to teach you!

Mwuahahahahaha.

Sapphire Rose

Years
Creating Frio post, he is destroying classroom no biggie (don't leave him unattended).

Additionally, he doesn't know those moves yet, rather those are what he will learn.

Finally Tornzero, these moves are unofficially copyright, as in Frio owns them! If you wish to use them, you must ask Frio to teach you!

Mwuahahahahaha.

Just saying that snowpeople don't really have moves c: ofcourse you could make up some yourself (if it's too powerful I won't allow though) but Yuria for example can't know this moves aa well… atleast, not the names since you made it up

As for TornZero, he could make up moves for Yuria which Frio can't know (not the names atleast.

Same moves are alright, so long it's exactly the same.

I suggest 6 moves each ^^ same goes for Youko's and any other Youkai

I will make meal lists then c:

Years
@Pink - The six "move" limit kind of goes against the nature of mages really since both machomuu and I have already expanded upon the race a lot and as to the various properties and versatility of magic. If we only get six things we can do that would already leave Allister with only four spots left and Gavin probably with less. Rather than place a limit on the number of things I'd suggest not really having set technique lists (or w/e) and simply develop more and more into the abilities of our characters as we go (although I see no harm in letting people know of any particularly interesting things we have to pull on Oz).

It seems to me the growth of new skills will be part of the development of characters anyway so coming up with a set list of skills is probably not needed. I mean we are only in the second IC day and we have already established that Solo is very resilient, Gavin is very offensively talented, Allister has very good defensive skills and is exploring into non-verbal spells, Nami is not someone you want to make angry, Yorick is able to outrun hawks and beat up bears and Frio can... make snow cones?

Sapphire Rose

Years
@Pink - The six "move" limit kind of goes against the nature of mages really since both machomuu and I have already expanded upon the race a lot and as to the various properties and versatility of magic. If we only get six things we can do that would already leave Allister with only four spots left and Gavin probably with less. Rather than place a limit on the number of things I'd suggest not really having set technique lists (or w/e) and simply develop more and more into the abilities of our characters as we go (although I see no harm in letting people know of any particularly interesting things we have to pull on Oz).

It seems to me the growth of new skills will be part of the development of characters anyway so coming up with a set list of skills is probably not needed. I mean we are only in the second IC day and we have already established that Solo is very resilient, Gavin is very offensively talented, Allister has very good defensive skills and is exploring into non-verbal spells, Nami is not someone you want to make angry, Yorick is able to outrun hawks and beat up bears and Frio can... make snow cones?

"It seems to me the growth of new skills will be part of the development of characters"

This is exactly the point. The students are still teenagers that can't control their powers enough yet. They need development to grow stronger which will happen a little in each chapter. Each chapter I will enable another skill which means that in chapter 3 the skill limit becomes 7. I'm thinking of a limit of 12 skills but i'll discuss this matter with someone first before I make permanent decisions ^^ it was also "just a suggestion" I never said i'd really invent it c:

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
When only mages have more than a single "element" their power resides in, a limit seems completely useless for anything other than... well, mages.

You probably mean techniques within that type of power, but those should be only limited by the power itself, and the user's proficiency with that power. Snowpeople, for example, can't heat anything up with their powers. Ice + heat just doesn't mix, unless you count freezer-burn.

For mages — i.e., the jack of all trades, in respect to youkai — a limit seems like an actually viable aspect of their abilities. They could be extremely proficient with one type/element of magic, but their proficiency with others dwindles because of it; conversely, they could have moderate skill with multiple elements, but each element would pale in comparison to the aforementioned solo-type mage. (A mage that exclusively uses water would kick a water+fire+air+earth+mind mage's ass a couple times over before the latter even gets a hit in. :3) Being able to use magic without an incantation would have no effect on what they can actually learn or use, though.

Years
@Pink - I like the idea of increasing the number of skills available to students, that overcomes the limiting factor and allows for a decent method of keeping people in check, you would need a method of keeping track of abilities though. Also, wouldn't Vampires and Werewolves who primarily have physical attributes as their strength get a bad deal with that system implemented?

@Torn - You have pretty much hit the nail on the head with mages in that it would make sense for them to be especially skilled in one area/element and lacklustre in others or fairly average across the board - basically the effort they put into mastering a specific area of skill limits what they can spend on others but as Machomuu and I have been characterising it also seems as though the source of the mages power comes into play (Pink, feel free to completely discredit this being GM and all, this is just what we have been doing).

But yes, what you have been saying makes perfect sense. Yokai like vampires, snowmen, etc.. with no real versatility to their abilities are hit far harder by a limiting system, especially those whose only skills are physical attributes like strength and speed.

Sapphire Rose

Years
@Nami: Did you miss my last post in this thread? What am I, a grim owl?

Didn't I say "I will make meal lists then c:" in my post earlier? -v- don't pretend that I'd forget you~

TornZero&Gimmepie- you guys are right. Vampire and Werewolves have psychical abilities… and it's unfair if I would say that they would not be affected by the skill limit.

I'll drop the skill limit idea for now. But will people use skills that are way to over-powered for their student status then I will butt in.

Back