• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
So my friend has been trading me shiny's he caught with his AR. He told me that they count as legit pokemon because it can't be proven they were caught with an AR's help. I can't use the RNG method to check while I am on campus so my question is, are these pokemon "legit"? Is RNG the only way to tell?
I don't know how you would check (I assume there is a way) but you'd rather not trade those shinies caught via AR codes here in PC. They are prohibited here as per Trade Corner rules.

EDIT: Maybe this would be of help to you: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6990023&postcount=1

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 5, 2022
Its not crazy to think he is actually a pokemon. He could be a ditto due to obvious shape shifting abilities of them and he may have taken a liking to his current form. He could also be a corrupted mew as they can also shapeshift.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I gave up with Ash a long, long time ago :( Sometimes I miss him though so I watch the first season of Pokémon lol

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I want to be one of those who say that the first season is the best, just like I claim that I like the pre-GBA games better than the newer ones. But I have seen the latest movies and some episodes of the BW anime so when I go back and watch those old seasons, everything looks so... ugly.

A recent episode kind of shows what I mean quite well, even though the differences are mostly in shading and colors and quality of backgrounds. And "special effects". The old style was more cartoonishly fun, while the newer is more neat. I do prefer old, chubby Pikachu though. I guess you could argue he's gotten more slim from all the training lol

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

I like that they actually have some things that give the anime a bit of continuity, like Ash remembering all his old pokémon and travels and such........ even though he is still 10 and it doesn't make sense at all. I will rejoice the day PokéSpe becomes a proper anime, or movie. Probably never will, but I'll dream.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
One thing I like about the original series is the attack animations tbh.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I prefer the newer ones. More shiny and gleaming, especially the water and fire. I did like the older grass moves better though. Bulbasaur's Razor Leaf was da baws, looking like a whirlwind around him rather than a few leaves thrown away. I think Chikorita started the trend of using only a few leaves in the Razor Leaf attack?

In a way, it's nice that they have made battles in the games more vivid and animated in gen VI, but at the same time, I most often disable attack animations because they take time and annoy me xD

I like how attacks were portrayed in the early arcs of the PokéSpe manga. There is a battle where a Mr Mime builds barriers all around a Heracross (I think) which makes it unable to reach out and battle, and thus has to forfeit. If I remember correctly. And Gengar used its shadow abilities to really sneak up on Green and Koga. Lots of creativity that we don't see in the anime and that can't really be shown in the games.

Reactions: T!M

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
I
In a way, it's nice that they have made battles in the games more vivid and animated in gen VI, but at the same time, I most often disable attack animations because they take time and annoy me xD

I appreciate that they sped up Gen V's gameplay after Gen IV's snail's-pace one. I don't disable the attacks in B/W2 unless I'm grinding or EV Training. But in sS/hG? I don't have the time to sit there for an hour watching you throw a fire ball. :/

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I appreciate that they sped up Gen V's gameplay after Gen IV's snail's-pace one. I don't disable the attacks in B/W2 unless I'm grinding or EV Training. But in sS/hG? I don't have the time to sit there for an hour watching you throw a fire ball. :/
Hahhaa, that is so true. I never finished a whole gen IV game....... Because I found them so slow after a while. That's probably it, I never thought about the reason but now I think it's probably because of the battles. Even though I turned animations off, I think? Maybe the system and waiting times were slow as well.

I did almost finish playing Black though, and I do remember that game feeling more smooth. Good thing Nintendo learn from their mistakes, I guess. :>

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
They should add waves to mimic real-life surfing lol

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
lol is the most popular word in this thread.

I remember posting in Pokémon General years ago. The cool people spammed the Other Chat DCC and me and my friends monopolized PCC, pokémon chit chat here. So much fun, so little actual talk haha.

Is pokémon still exciting to you? In some ways? Be it by following the anime, playing games, battling online, writing stories or something else. Or is the franchise mostly... memories to you? Dear memories, mayhaps.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
The new generation doesn't excite me but hey I still get excited whenever someone talks about Pokémon with me. That's mainly the reason why I love Pokémon General so much, I get to talk about everything Pokémon and it's not just crumpled up into one generation and/or canon. What I'm hoping for this gen is an RSE remake. I would be totally excited by that and maybe I'd finally buy myself a new handheld console just because of it. :3

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Heh, yeah. The games don't excite me in the same way now as when I was younger and my reasons for hanging around PC aren't solely focused around pokémon anymore. More around people! I guess I would feel a little thrill if I actually got to the endgame of a Sinnoh game at some point :p But it's the other aspects, or rather what can be imagined and pondered, that I still find interesting. Hence why I lurk this place rather than the pokémon gaming sections where many PC members maybe feel more at home xD There's always new people who find PC and who care mostly about the gaming experience, I guess.

Oh, I should get myself a DS too. At some point when I have more money, so not this summer. I'd love to have the Unova games on it, but I would't really care about other DS games so it would mean buying the console just to play pokémon. Kind of like when I bought my GBA... Totally worth it though!

Last edited:

T!M

Years
I never finished a fourth generation game to be honest. They're a bit too slow for some reason.

There was no reason! Why would they make D/P/pL/hG/sS so ridiculously slow? The battle speed was horrendous and made grinding a bigger chore than it already was. Walking and running speeds felt like Ethan had weights on his ankles. I don't mind not having to play that game for any reason today.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Aaaah thank you for that, haha. I kind of thought I was the only one who didn't find the 4th gen games as fun as the others. Or, of course they were fun. It's just that my patience can only hold for that long and that definitely drags their entertainment value down.

GSC muted on VBA, now that's speedgaming. A bit too speedy, though.

T!M

Years
Aaaah thank you for that, haha. I kind of thought I was the only one who didn't find the 4th gen games as fun as the others. Or, of course they were fun. It's just that my patience can only hold for that long and that definitely drags their entertainment value down.

Word.

A bit too speedy, though.

There's never any type of "happy medium" with the VBA's... I think you can adjust the framerate/skip in the VBA options that make playing the game a little faster. You'll still have to mute it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back