• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen C-Gear Successor?

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Starting with Generation 2, we've had a tool that has had multiple functionality to help us throughout the games. GSC gave us the Pokégear, showing us our map, giving us a phone to rebattle trainers and call various people, and a radio. We received the Pokénav in RSE, showing us the map, the new Match Call/Trainers Eyes, and ability to see the condition of our Pokémon. We got the Pokétch with DPP, giving us a large amount of apps that had multiple uses. With BW and B2W2, we got the C-Gear, which allowed for customization, the Xtransceiver, Entralink, and more features.

The question is, would you like to see any of these previous iterations of the gear return? Do you think we'd see any of these return with minor adjustments? Maybe a hybrid of multiple versions? Do you think there will be a successor at all?

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
C-Gear option on a color Poketch, which acts like a Pokegear, which in itself is 1 of 2 bottom screen options. Boom I just solved the bottom screen.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
That almost just sounds...overly complicated? Almost like cramming too many things into one screen. I think they tried to tone it down from the Pokétch (which was admittedly filled to the brim with things) to the C-Gear, but we lost a lot of functionality with that. I'd love to see maybe a middle ground between the two, and maybe keep things like the map and phone/Match Call/Vs. Seeker as key items.

Years
I'd like something a little similar to the poketch to return. I wouldn't want all those crazy amount of apps (who really needed the calculator) but I liked the idea of having some important stuff all together. For our device, I'd want it to have itemfinder, vs seeker, and c-gear connecting to other people stuff. Basically if we had one easy to access device that stored all these things I'd be happy. And I'd love if said device didn't take up our entire bottom screen, it'd cool if it could just be registered or something so then we'd have the top AND the bottom screen for oogling at the graphics.

Also I'd love if we had a PokeGPS that would lead you to your next destination but make mistakes and take you off of cliffs or through buildings. :P

Wait actually, if there was a PokeGPS that helped you find your way around the region, but was sometimes wrong and then LED YOU TO A SECRET LOCATION that'd be omg amazing.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Here's an idea; how about a device resembling a phone with touchscreen compatibility. On it you have various apps for various functions. The home screen of the device will be something similar to the HG/SS touchscreen half. Quite original, yes? :p

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'd love to see that actually. That'd make perfect sense with today's technology, and it'd be an awesome thing to have. It's kinda like combining the phone and Pokégear from GSC, plus with Pokétch features from Gen 4, plus hopefully more.

Back