• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you enjoy Pokemon in 2013?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2013
Obviously times have changed since Pokemon Red first came out and the first TV series came out I'm interested to know how you enjoy Pokemon in 2013?

Websites
Forums
Videos
Youtube
Games
Movies
TV Shows
Live Events

etc

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Fan Animations, Fan Art, Fan Comics and Fan Games (but ones that aren't inspired by the main games. More like that one doujin Pokemon fighting game, or simpler still, a dress-me-up is sufficient).

I don't care who makes 'em, I just wanna see 'em. Well, as long as they're tasteful, I might add.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
I play with the Pokemon Games. That means I hack them for fun.

Also yeah Pokemon Forums are a thing to do for me as well. And I like doing some Fan Art of some Mon too. :3

stp

ShootThePuck
Years
Mostly just the games. Not interested in fan art or anything, but I play a hack every once in a while.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
In order, I get my Pokemon kicks from the following.

1.) Video games
2.) Community (that's super close to the first though, I met my best friends and boyfriend through Pokemon)
3.) Fan content (music, art, etc.)
4.) Collectibles, I adore my plushies and figurines *u*

Years
I mostly stay interested in the series at this point thanks to the games and places like PC. I used to be big on the anime when I was younger, but now that it's only on TV once a week (early on Saturday mornings), I don't bother. I've also lost a majority of interest in the TCG, but I'll still by a pack every year or so just for fun.

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2013
I play the video games mostly but recently I have started reading the manga and playing Pokemon Tabletop Adventures with some friends. I've also been perusing forums but I'm finally starting to post in them.

Years
I enjoy it different as before.
I entered the world of PC. I play only on my laptop and I only play hacked version of the games or challenges with the normal games. :)
Also the last few days I love to re-watch the first seasons of Pokémon. ^^

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
These days, I'm not as engrossed in cartridge Pokemon as I once was (I still play it a fair bit, however). Nowadays, to enjoy Pokemon, I use a combination of IRC, forums and simulators. I abhor methods such as the anime (it's dreadful) and I have no access to manga, so I'm relatively confined to the Internet.

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
Years
  • Age 30
  • TN
  • Seen Feb 9, 2018
I play the games, first and foremost. I also like to read about Pokemon online, including on forums. I've always liked to draw Pokemon as well, and though I don't do it nearly as much as I did when I was younger, I still like to make up my own Pokemon. I like seeing Pokemon art and other people's made-up Pokemon online, too. Also, my sister and I like to play with the cards together sometimes.

Finally...merchandise. Lots and lots of it.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Iowa
  • Seen Jun 11, 2013
Yes times really have changed since then! I feel proud to say I got to watch the craze unfold during its beginning years <3

About 15 years or so later my interest in the games have fully returned. It was on the backburner for a number of years but still there in my mind. Funny how that happens.

I enjoy going on this forum, playing my Pokemon games, & watching the anime. I wouldn't mind getting a Psyduck plushie someday soon :3 lol.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
My main form of Pokemon in 2013 is:
Games. I have not been able to play any other games (I lost interest in almost 99% of them - Pokemon is the only one that remains)
Forums - here, serebii, bulbagardens marrilland and any I might missed
Anime/Movies - I still watch it, and really love Unova more than the others
General Merchandise - plushies, t-shirts, tcg
Fan Made Stuff - on Deviant Art, fan made artwork, and stories

Honest

Hi!
Years
I haven't played a Pokemon game since mid 2012 thanks to my sister breaking my DS, so the only way I enjoy Pokemon in 2013 would have to be PC, honestly. Occasionally I go to Serebii to check out the PoTW, but that's purely for fun. There's nothing else Pokemon related I do. Not yet anyway. :I

Sporefame19

Amateur Cartographer
Years
I'm spending my summer making a Pokemon game with my friends using essentials. Also, I am anxiously awaiting Pokemon X and Y and I'm trying to find a way for my mom to buy me a 3DS. XD

Back