• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hacking the Emerald Title Screen - Tutorial by KhaosKnight

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 8, 2021
hello there guys, I whose wondering is anyone here willing to help me out, I have problem inserting tilesets to my hack in other words I dont know how to do it correctly, so if you are willing to help out pleas contact me, plz

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
hello there guys, I whose wondering is anyone here willing to help me out, I have problem inserting tilesets to my hack in other words I dont know how to do it correctly, so if you are willing to help out pleas contact me, plz

You shouldn't request for help here though :( Beginner's Lounge is the place to be or just make a team :) at le team room.

Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2017
This post helped me a lot. I got type mismatch or invalid palette loaded when I tried to load the .pal file in APE. Tried to re-export the palette on irfanview but same thing still happens. Any solution?

Also, does anyone here know what is the offset of the credits? The one that shows 1st when the rom is loaded (the one with the black background) I can't post a screenshot I'm new anyone please respond. Thanks!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 8, 2015
really thanks for that tutorial. Only this tutorial helped me to find it out. thanks again :D

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
A very simplified way to do this would be:
1.Make your titlescreen sticking to 15 colors. (do http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8237593&postcount=38 to avoid errors)
2.Save the pallet from irfanview, then use this (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=303594) to convert to APE.
3. Do this, (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=298030) to avoid having to redraw the TS in APE, saves a lot of time too.
4.Do what the guy in the first post said, with UNLZ, then import the APE pallet.

If done properly, you could do it in < 5 minutes assuming you already got your TS ready.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 11, 2016
Why this picture cannot be used?
p

Year7Class1

Land Snail
Years
I have a big problem. The first palette of my title screen became black. I already check the palettes, nothing is wrong. Please help me. :(

King Arrow Siham

Absolute Disaster
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 30, 2017
Just started hacking Pokémon Ruby version. Can I use this method on Ruby with Ruby offsets? Or the method is different? ☺

Thanks for this awesome tutorial.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 7, 2016
So I'm pretty sure I did everything correctly, yet I came out with this: imgur.com/dg0SUWi

Blazing Rud

This is Blazingly Awsome!!! - Pokemon Blazing Fire
Years
Please help me while loading pallet is sayes invalid pallet loadout???

Blazing Rud

This is Blazingly Awsome!!! - Pokemon Blazing Fire
Years
Thank u soo much i am gonna give you biggest credit in my hack thanks soo much u r the best ur guide is awsome

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 30, 2018
Hello,

I don't know if anybody here will reply, but after the process, i started the game and the title screen only shows the clouds/fog in the background. Please help me as soon as possible.
kypPAH

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 7, 2018
To remove the lines from glowing you need to make them the same color as rayquaza

Back