• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Touhoumon Purple

digimonqueen

Draco Malfoy's Girlfriend
Years
OK. so i beat Roxanne, and i beat Brawly. but none of my Puppets have evolved yet. they are all under level 20 EXCEPT for my starter, which is level 22. my next highest one would have to be my CWriggle, at lvl 18. what level do non-starter puppets like this one evolve at? i am at Slateport now, training before i face my friend/rival.

Agastya

Grinding failed. Item Grind level dropped by 3.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
most earlygame things start evolving around 22, with exceptions (such as wriggle) which evolve later.

digimonqueen

Draco Malfoy's Girlfriend
Years
oh. duh. i forgot that the female is what the baby will be. now i feel stupid.

EDIT: by the way, AWESOME signature. you saw the movie? so did i! Keldeo was TOTALLY awesome.

pawell6

The truthseeker
Years
Even though this hack is in Sideshow Showcase, it's one of my favourite hacks. The gameplay is really, really nice. Good work!!! :)

Agastya

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
Even though this hack is in Sideshow Showcase, it's one of my favourite hacks. The gameplay is really, really nice. Good work!!! :)

thanks
---------------
this post is more of a shameless bump than anything really, but i'm still around and i occasionally do something related to the hack

there's a few small movepool changes i've done here and there (mostly small stuff, nothing groundbreaking) and i know how to deal with deoxys/the tickets now so that's something to look forward to within the next million years

theres also the future hard mode patch, but i probably won't implement that until i finish the next release build

Agastya

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
so hey i updated again

it's nothing too big but i fixed a few typos and now have hard mode up and running

Izolyn

keh.
Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2014
Recently started playing this, and I have a question about the shard evolutions. Do they work on already-evolved puppets, or just Chibi forms? I have an evolved Wriggle at lv. 31 and was intending to make it a Speed Wriggle, but I can't use the Swift Shard on it. However, I can use the Shard on a Chibi Wriggle (or Chibi Komachi), and using a Defense Shard on a Chibi Meiling worked fine.
Come to think of it, I don't think Wriggle showed up as a valid option when I used the Defense Shard on CMeiling either, and Wriggle should be able to evolve with that as well.

Agastya

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
i believe you just answered your own question there

you must use a chibi form because there are various moves that one evolved form can learn that another evolved form cannot

it would break game balance in half if you could freely change forms and learn these moves

Izolyn

keh.
Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2014
Makes sense, I suppose. Though it was annoying having to go back and get a new Wriggle to train up, and I'll have to be careful not to evolve my Komachi until I find a Power Shard.
That minor annoyance aside, I've enjoyed it so far, currently training up for Norman. The level curve isn't ridiculous like others I've played (Another World, and Puppet Play Enhanced with its totally random jump for the last couple Gym Leaders and the Elite Four -.-'). Getting up to level for Norman is annoying, but that's because I'm a lazy bum as much as anything.
Now I just have to choose who to actually use. There are so many I want...unlike in actual Pokemon games. XD

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
been a while, one of the most underrated hacks here. Apart from a few niggly issues this hack is great.

Agastya

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
hey i've been under radio silence, but the project isn't abandoned or anything
in fact i just pushed an update, get it from the usual place (aka read the op)

the main meat of it is optional postgame content, though

Last edited:

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
YESSHH

should have no issue if i use the previous version save file on it?

Agastya

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
yeah you can use your old save, just make sure you patch over a clean emerald rom or bad things will happen

Agastya

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
so you know how i dont post unless i have something useful to say in context to the thread?

zePSg7Y.png

contests soon.

Agastya

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
Contests now.

changelog said:
- A ton of palette editing to replace most of the lime green/yellow from Emerald's palettes with much more pleasant shades of blue and purple
-- Due to this, the hack has been renamed. Welcome to Touhoumon Purple version!
-- You may also refer to it as EXTREME GRAPE version if you so wish! I'm not picky.

- Implemented contests
-- Info about moves and interactions can be found in the new Contests.txt file
-- They're probably mediocre, and Hyper rank might be more difficult than Master

- New item: Chrome Shard
-- Evolution stone for trade evolutions. No more Speed Alice or Advent Hakurei jokes
-- Chibi Sariel still evolves to Speed Sariel by using a Swift Shard, though

- Made evolution stones slightly more accessible by adding them to shops
- Renamed a few moves
-- Faint Attack > Feint Attack
-- Proletariat > Disperse (how did we even get that first translation?)

- Added icons to identify Physical/Special/Status moves

- Small tweaks to the Southern Island event
- Edited a few NPCs in the Frontier to better hint at how to get the Tickets (hint: defeat Steven and go to the old move tutor house in the Frontier)
- Removed notDeoxys' ability to breed due to obedience shenanigans

- Added a FAQ.txt file for other questions that are pretty easy to answer

Apparently my quoted changelog doesn't count towards my post's character limit so here, have some blatant filler so I can post.

Back