• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst fakedex

Equinoxe

pleeease listen to meee
Years
  • Age 31
  • ~
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
f_wm.png

burd line revised, more fabulous?

@ Chesu: shush, that's pretty nitpicky, don't you think? :D Sort of like saying Blaziken should have the weaknesses of flying types because it has bird parts.

Besides, arguing about typings doesn't really help me with my spriting, now does it :U I'd be more delighted to hear something like 'fix that outline' or sth I don't even know

Equinoxe

pleeease listen to meee
Years
  • Age 31
  • ~
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Double post because I have several new sprites (I'm pretty sure that's allowed).

We had a very productive brainstorming session last night with my sister so we redesigned all the legendaries (there are only three).

x_wm.png

y_wm.png

These are sort of like Kyogre/Groudon for this dex, 'Rayquaza' coming next.

Here's the promised step-by-step image of Cometrice's Active Forme:
stepbystep_wm.png

(the sprite is a bit unusual, I don't usually have large full-black areas in them at any point)

I hope you like these as much as I do, they came out better than I expected!

TheAngryPidove

Don't Make A Pigeon Angry
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 25, 2011
Those are really cool! Based on Comet and Meteors, I presume? That kinda sucks, I was planning on using that in a fangame I was making :P Whatever, I can still use them, different name, different design. Great minds think alike, you know?

Anyway, love the new sprites, especially the Bloodaria!

Equinoxe

pleeease listen to meee
Years
  • Age 31
  • ~
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Yeah, no one's stopping you as long as you don't go blatantly stealing these designs and ideas :B I'm most likely not the first or last person to make meteorite/comet fakes.

Anyway, here's the promised third legendary!
z_wm.png

FORMES FORMES FORMES FORMES

(it's supposed to be very alien-looking and eccentric since it's extraterrestrial like the comet/meteor ones)
There's a long story behind these legendaries and how they're connected but I'm not typing it since it's loooong!

Equinoxe

pleeease listen to meee
Years
  • Age 31
  • ~
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Too weird i can't even say what it is

me said:
it's supposed to be very alien-looking and eccentric since it's extraterrestrial
uh

Is it horribly ugly? Is the sprite bad? Or are you just confused because you don't know it's an alien?
I honestly don't know how your post is supposed to help me in any way :S

Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2014
Y the **** did u name the topic "Worst Fakedex" ???

UR STUFF IS AMAZING DUDE!!! I LOVE IT!! The only thing is tht are there any ... i mean any tutorials out there tht u can suggest me??

I cant give any Critique on ur design coz im a n00b in spriting... I mean I cant sprite at all... :(

Equinoxe

pleeease listen to meee
Years
  • Age 31
  • ~
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
That thing has so many eyes o.O
So many eyes you say? ;D

Y the **** did u name the topic "Worst Fakedex" ???
I didn't want to name it 'Best Fakedex' because it would've been a lie?
Really, I just don't want people to expect anything supernaturally awesome so a humble title works best.

i mean any tutorials out there tht u can suggest me??
Uh, not really. A basic spriting tutorial? Idek, I've been spriting for four years and only read some really basic tutorials when I started. Practice is what helps more than a bunch of tutorials.

@Humm96: I'm glad I could be of help C:

Anyhoo, here's a new, non-legendary line I just finished:
j_wm.png

HOW DO I HORSE ANATOMY
there will be NO MORE horse pokemons ever I had enough with these two

Years
Equinoxe! The new fakemon look amazing, my only gripe is that the fluffy clouds on Pegasteed's tail is a bit too static and droopy (unless that's what you were going for). Also, change the word "worst" in the title to "best", as I'm sure a virus that changed words to their antonyms, must have attacked your computer.

Equinoxe

pleeease listen to meee
Years
  • Age 31
  • ~
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Thanks! They're not clouds really, they're just fluffy tails (it's ok for them to be droopy then I guess?).
I'm glad only moderators can change thread titles here :D
not ever gonna ask one to do it for me C:

anyhoo, new stuff
k_wm.png

(if I hear anyone saying "but it doesn't look like a bee" I will ragequit this whole thing I swear, this is the design and I'm not changing it just because someone tells me to)

l_wm.png

This one is an older sprite I just touched up a bit because it was sort of good already (first not-new sprite in this whole thread, I think).

EDIT: new stuff
m_wm.png

EDIT#2:
edited the mosquito line; made all of them a little smaller. Not a big change.

Last edited:

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
Years
Wow i must say i love all of your sprites, you are hugely talented. the concepts of the sprites are very unique, and i love the colous and patterns you use on your sprites aswell. You also use unique types for your fakemon too.. and the fact you called this spread 'worst fakedex' is ironic because you couldn't be more wrong, i like these sprites more than the new official ones they have gone downhill :D. I love the starters, The idea of dragon types is awesome, gotta love dragon types.

Wow i do know how to ramble (:

~Kian~

Last edited:

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
All I have to say is wow. I normally can't stand fakemon since most of the time they don't even look like pokemon, but you managed to give off the feel that some of these could possibly be real. I'm amazed at how you managed to pull that off. All i have left to say is that there's something "off" about the shading and outlines on active Cometrice and the Bountail family. I'm not sure what, since I'm no spriter, but I just didn't want this to be another generic compliment.

Equinoxe

pleeease listen to meee
Years
  • Age 31
  • ~
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Thank youu two very much CB

@ ~Kian~: I'll have to disagree with you a bit here: I think the newest generation pokemon are really great! :P It's probably just a matter of personal preference, but I really like the direction Gamefreak has taken with the designs.

@ Geras32: Yeah, there may be something weird going on with those since I wasn't really sure how to shade them (ice is pretty difficult to do properly, and Bountail's mane in particular gave em trouble).

And here's a new standalone 'mon:
n_wm.png

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
Oh man, I'm loving these. The shaping, the shading, everything. They all look great. \o/
Especially loving the starters and the legendaries. : >

Equinoxe

pleeease listen to meee
Years
  • Age 31
  • ~
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Thank you C:
I'm rather fond of the starters/legendaries myself P:

New line, all-male (female counterpart coming next, hopefully)
o_wm.png

there will be so many (random type)/fighting pokemons because why not
fighting hasn't been paired with enough weird types yet

Equinoxe

pleeease listen to meee
Years
  • Age 31
  • ~
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Thanks! I might post the backstory/plot thing if I ever manage to write it down in proper English, haha P: I only have a text file with lines copypasted from an IM conversation (was telling the backstory to a friend) and it's a horrible mess. I'll see if I get enough motivation to write it properly, it's a relatively long story (not really, but from a typing/posting perspective).

Here's the female counterpart line to Terap/Eclash:
p_wm.png

(typing *would* be explained by the dex entry if I had it properly written/if I even posted them here)

Last edited:
Back