• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Region?

Which Region is your favourite?

• Total voters

blue

gucci
Years
Out of the five regions which are Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova, which is your favorite and why?

My favourite region has got to be Hoenn. The scenery, routes, cities are all beautifully designed and it is home to some of the best Pokemon IMO.

pokeskate

Lerroux says "bye-bye!
Years
Hoenn forsure. R/S/E had the best storyline IMO. Pokes looked cool, Gym leaders were cool and hoenn just looked like a nice place to live. Johto comes in a very close second though!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
My favorite region would have to be Unova because it has my favorite Pokemon in it Reshiram and a lot of cool unique looking ones.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
I love Kanto/ Unova...they actually kind of remind me of each other in the way that they are set up. They were the most fun to travel through (even many many times in the case of Kanto over 4 sets of games).

Years
Unova for me, cos I love the landmarks and it introduced some of my fave Pokemon.

Also, most of my fave characters are from Unova.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I really like Johto! It's just fun to travel through and it makes me really happy for some reason, haha. :) I also love Ecruteak City. It's probably my favorite city out of all the games, and I especially love how it looks in HGSS. I think Hoenn is nice too. It's fun to travel through with all the neat terrains and such. Unova is kind of in the middle, as well as Kanto. And I can't stand going through Sinnoh. It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't require so many HMs to get around it, though I'm sure some people really loved all the exploring.

Although not concluded, Orre is awesome as well, especially with the added towns in Gale of Darkness (even though The Under was my favorite city in Orre and it's no longer present in Gale of Darkness).

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Sinnoh! It's a beautiful region with so many interesting places to explore such as Mt Coronet and the snowy mountains, plus it has the majority of my favourite Pokémon and characters to interact with. I don't like the Great Marsh in Sinnoh, or how it works, but that's literally the only thing I can think of about the region that I dislike. For me it was a very very exceptional region :3

Sirfetch’d

My favorite region is Johto. One reason it is featured in my favorite games(GSC,HGSS) and I really like the layout, the bug catching park, lake of rage, the new Safari Zone, the ruins of alph, the towers, the light house, and all of the routes and gym leaders. It was just a cool region all together. Hoenn was the most beautiful, but to me it lacked something. Kanto was nice but it is not my favorite. Unova was a great region being based in the U.S. and all. It also had many beautiful places, but lacked difficult areas to explore which I like. To be honest, I dont like Sinnoh. The games were ok, but my least favorite partly because the region was not all that great. It is hard to explain but something about it I just hate.

In conclusion: Johto>Hoenn>Unova>Kanto>Sinnoh

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 11, 2012
I can't decide between Unova and Johto. They both appeal to me in different ways. I feel like I can relate to Unova(like I could actually live there) while Johto has a "going back in time" feel to it that was fun to travel in.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I like the Hoenn region for the sheer nostalgia factor. The really catchy music and expansive region really drew me in. The Battle Frontier in Emerald had the right amount of difficulty for me too.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Pretty happy I'm seeing so much Hoenn love, it's my favorite region because there's just so much to do. Sinnoh and Unova are pretty decent, Johto is cool, but Kanto got pretty old.

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
Years
Hoenn is by far my favourite region; the upbeat music, new scenery and the great pokemon just made it the best.

I do agree with jellicentfan1 that Sinnoh was my least favourite. It lacked the spark that the others brought, and to me it felt like it was bland and boring.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
I'm another Hoenn lover. Being surrounded by forests and natural environments is pleasing. There were less huge cities and more natural places. The music was cheery and awesome. Hoenn Pokemon are some of my favourites too. Designs are truly amazing!

Psystar63

☆ || [The Wandering Star] || ☆
Years
I liked Sinnoh, because it had such calm, gentle music. Plus, I loved hanging out at Snowpoint city and walking through the snow.
But I'd have to say Unova, because it had so many visually pleasing sceneries, and it has that mix of being modern and yet natural.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Hoenn for sure: It had a huge variety of different environments, very catchy/fantastic music, a challenging Battle Frontier, and I loved the storyline(though it could use some touching up on). The list could go on and on really.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Hoenn easily, I love all its quirks and funny things, like treetop houses, two types of bikes, go-go goggles, diving, Sky Pillar and the crazy whacko lengths you have to go to for the Regies. Absolutely love it.

Years
I generally love Johto. Well, Kanto and Johto together. Kanto can seem a bit plain at times, but I just love the two of them. I like all the other regions (Hoenn is brilliantly exotic, and Unova's pretty great too).

Kanto remained a but plain and flat until HGSS came out and some of the areas were given a bit more height/depth and just.. a more natural feel. Johto was presented wonderfully in HGSS in my opinion, it just made me love it even more. It's just always going to be these two regions for me. :)

vlay

Picnicker
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
My favorite region is Kanto, the place is nice and so calming. The Gym Leaders is nice too. And most important my favorite town in this region, Lavender Town XD yeah!

Back