• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Haunted House~ (Ghost Types)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Name: JNathan
Partners: Gengar & Gastly
Ghosts. Why: Because Ghost have this scary yet cool attitude that makes me like them. They always keep their mystery personality that contributes to their coolness. They are absolutely great.

What are your partners like?
They have a part of mystery in themselves. Like almost every Ghost-Type. Gengar has a sinister and a stalker personality when hunting his prey and Gastly likes to haunt and poison his enemies.
I'd like to lvl up Gengar.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Name: JNathan
Partners: Gengar & Gastly
Ghosts. Why: Because Ghost have this scary yet cool attitude that makes me like them. They always keep their mystery personality that contributes to their coolness. They are absolutely great.

I completely agree. I think the "Cool" part of some of their attitudes is the part that ya gotta watch out for. That's where the deception lies.

I've been thinking....does anyone think that ghost pokemon can easily escape pokeballs given their ghostly properties?

I'd like to lvl Ghastly again plz

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
CourageHound said:
I've been thinking....does anyone think that ghost pokemon can easily escape pokeballs given their ghostly properties?
Yeah, it's very logical. But i think that the pokeball have some sort of special function to prevent ghost pokemon from escaping them. I'd like to lvl up Gengar.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Ghost types escaping from Pokéballs? Now that is an interesting topic! Given their ghostly properties you'd think they could, especially when Pokémon such as Psyduck have been seen to escape their Pokéballs many times during the anime, so I wonder what keeps Ghost types at bay? Perhaps it's the supposed 'bond' that forms between a Pokémon and a trainer once it's caught? Or maybe the Pokéballs are specially designed to prevent this kind of thing happening? I don't have a clue, but it certainly is an interesting topic to discuss!

Oh, and Rotom

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2015
Name: Pokeuser7878
Partners: Frillish
Ghosts. Why:I just generally love ghosts, I find them mysterious, interesting and my type as i like to be quite sneaky too, they can also learn the art of battling as they avoid normal and fighting types and this is the reason why i chose ghost types, thank you :)

Years
Cool, guys. Added all of you. BTW, JNathan, you can only have a pre-evo of a Pokemon if you read the thread starter carefully, so I can only give you a Gastly which you will have to post to level up.

PokeBalls and Pokemon staying inside them is definitely all about the bond between them and the trainer. If the Pokemon felt happy about the trainer, then it would obey him. Of course, with a ghost-types sneaky appetite, you would think it could slip out every now and then.

I'm leveling Gastly. :3

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 28, 2018
Name: Pokeuser7878
Partners: Frillish
Ghosts. Why:I just generally love ghosts, I find them mysterious, interesting and my type as i like to be quite sneaky too, they can also learn the art of battling as they avoid normal and fighting types and this is the reason why i chose ghost types, thank you :)

Ah, that's also one of the many advantages with Ghost types, their immunity to annoying Fighting-types, that would normally be able to KO most Ghost Pokemon. ;) Not only that, but most Ghost-types possess the ability to go through walls and hide in shadows, which is a pretty cool plus. :P

Also, welcome to the Club! :D

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Name: Darklix-
Partners: Litwick & Gastly
Why Ghosts?: They, so far, have been the most interesting Pokemon to me. I love how they are spooky and the way Litwick can burn other Pokemon really amuses me for some reason. In Pokemon white I started to experiment with the ghost types and I loved usuing them and now they are my favorite type of Pokemon to use. No words can explain how much a love them, they are just mysterious :D

Current topic: what my partners are like: I believe Litwick and gastly are unique. Litwick because it's flame is purple, and I think that is pretty cool since its a fire type too and it's not the usual red color. Also because Litwick lights the place up with his flame while secretly sucking the life out of you, haha. I think Litwick is also one of those silent but deadly Pokemon because, in my opinion, he looks cute with the one flaming eye showing and his little smile. And Gastly can slip into any place it wants, considering its made of gas too. Gastly seems to be one of those little pranksters too.

I really hope I can join this club. Thank you!

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
Can i be in P.S. My favorite pokemon has been gastly
Name:Can call me Missingno
Partner:Glitch Pokemon and Gastly
They've all ways kinda been calling me to join them In my head...
By the way have you played Pokemon creepy black?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
By the way have you played Pokemon creepy black?

Pokémon Creepy Black? Never heard of it, I guess it's a ROM Hack dedicated to Ghost types? If so that sounds pretty cool, a game focussing on Ghost types would definitely be very interesting. Would it have enough variety though? Hmm... I'd love to hear more about it if it is strongly related to Ghost types! I wonder if there's Ghost type starters oo, what would those even be?

PS: Welcome to the club new members. :)

@Pave - I keep forgetting to add the one to level up at the bottom of the post so from now on just assume they're all for Drifloon please :D /lazy

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Hmm. Never heard of creepy black. Sounds pretty spooky tho ;)

Anyway, I think the thing about ghost types is that you can be sure anyone with one in possesion for a length of time must be at least a decent trainer cuz if a ghost type was unhappy, it could simply just leave anytime it wanted. Its a ghost, theres nothing holding it back.

Lvl Up Ghastly plz

Last edited:
Years
Name: PokemonLady82

Partners: Giratina , Misdreavus

Ghosts. Why: There awesome and can sneak around a lot unnoticed...

Last edited by a moderator:

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Hey there! I'd love to join the club!

Name: Zorogami
Partners: Ghastly and Duskull

Ghosts. Why: Ghosts wander between worlds and dimensions. They connect our world with the after life, and are able to see amazing things we can't even imagine. Ghosts can be playful and hilarious, even cute at times, but they should never be underestimated. They can trick people and lure them into dark places they will never get out of...they are very powerful and dangerous. Ghost Pokemon would be amazing partners to have with you!

Current Topic: What are your Partners like
Ghastly and Duskull are both Ghosts, but have very different personalities. Ghastly is very confident and brave, he loves to prank random people, and sometimes even his own trainer. He loves to laugh and have fun, but he can get angry really fast if you try to prank him. Duskull on the other hand is more of a timid nature. He likes to hide from people and sees Ghastly as his protector. He trusts Ghastly and likes to play with him. Although he is timid, Duskull will always step up for his friend and trainer and protect them from any harm, even if he puts himself in danger doing so!
They are both very loyal and helpful, but still Ghosts, that can deceit and play tricks on you

Mewtwomew

The fool with the plan
Years
Aw man, I've been so inactive in this club :/ anyway, I think that the idea of you being a good trainer, well good enough to keep a ghost pokemon happy, is a very useful attribute to have in yourself. Also, Creepy Black seems interesting enough. I shall check it out. Oh... and I be levelin' up mah Duskull, mangs :I

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Well, no need to be sorry for being inactive in here, considering how inactive the club itself has been. And on that note, since the owner of the club has passed one month without being active, this club is now up for grabs. If anyone's up for it, feel free to pm either me or AlexOzzyCake, and we'll take care of it. Otherwise, it'll unfortunately have to be closed in the near future :(

Mewtwomew

The fool with the plan
Years
Aw whaaat... too much responsibility for me, but I hope there will be a new leader of this here ghost type fan club to take over for Mr. Low. I really don't want this club closed....

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Sorry, but since no one has volunteered to take over the club, it'll unfortunately have to be closed. Anyone can remake it at any time though, so if you still want a Ghost type club around, you're free to do that ^^

Ar4VX.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back