• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Johto: A Time of Uncertainty [T] [OOC/SU]

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Thanks for the feed back, the personality section I planned on expanding though I had to goto bed and I cannot type one my phone at all. There are a few traits that I want to leave out character growth i.e. bad habits I normally type it up in word but for some reason it doesn't notice the run on sentences.

I added to the personality section and proof read it to the best of my ability (the irony in this is I am in the top english class even though my engrish is horrible).

Last edited:

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
I'm going to try and get a sign up posted. Still putting together traits for my character, right now I'm planning on her being super happy go lucky, with a certain bit of mysterious depth to her, but I'm still plotting things out. I don't even have a name yet lol

doge

???
Years
@Red & MD - here ya goo
Spr_4d_158.png
totodile seems to be inspecting you intently, perhaps he is hungry?
Lvl 5
Scratch | Leer | Aqua Jet

Spr_4h_231.png
pls tickle my trunk. yes, that's the spot
Lvl 5
Tackle | Defense Curl | Body Slam

@chuckles - whoops haha, sorry. I had no idea your SU was still in the works! While there still are a few lingering errors I'm glad you went over it and fixed up most of them! If English isn't your first language I can totally understand slight errors here. Also if Microsoft Word isn't being much help, may I suggest writing your posts up in Google Docs Drive? It's pretty reliable and has helped me out a ton, especially when I get tired and end up writing a bunch of nonsense :p

Anyways, all that aside, Tai is accepted!
Spr_4h_133.png
sup yo
Lvl 5
Tackle | Sand Attack | Detect

@Shad0w - as of right now, you and EliteBeats are going for the egg so no, it has not been taken yet : ) Anyways, take your time and let me know when you're ready for me to review your SU!

@Kranic - yay another female character! need to balance dat gender ratio yoo. can't wait to see your SU when it's finished!

Last edited:

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
Heyo Sam, hit me with yer best GM shots, my SU is ready to be criticized :D

doge

???
Years
@Shad0w - Well first of all, Christoper is a bit more than your average teenager considering he stands at 6'5 x]. But moving on to actual reviewing, I'd really like it if you expanded on Chris' history more. What was he doing when he wasn't in school? How was his life in Blackthorn? Be aware you don't have to necessarily answer these questions, they're just here to jump start ideas of ways you could expand his history. Mentioning Blackthorn, I'm assuming that's what you're referring to when you say Dragonthorn City?

Perhaps you could delve into his personality a bit more as well? Does he have any quirks or tendencies, good or bad?

@EB - The first thing I noticed, is a real quick fix that is just a personal pet peeve of mine. For a slender girl, Brianna's height and weight ratio is reallllly off. If a 4'6 (round 4 and a half feet) girl or person for that matter, was 130 pounds, they'd be on the rather heftier or muscular side. Being a slim girl at her height, she'd be somewhere under 100 pounds.

The only other thing is just a matter of clarification. If Brianna's ambition is to become a teacher and if she isn't a fan of pokemon training, who signed her up? I'm assuming the only logical answer would be her parents? And if so, are they forcing her to go?

After these things are fixed up/questions are answered I'll decide which of you shall l'eggo the eggo! get the egg.

also what's with the fingerless gloves trend o_x

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Thanks, I are the moves in bold like their signature moves? and thanks for the info on google drive :D

Fingerless gloves, I dunno I chose them cause I went off what i was wearing at the time excluding the hat I wasn't wearing a hat i was wearing a headset but that doesn't fit in with pokemon at all, it was a VERY cold night last night

doge

???
Years
Thanks, I are the moves in bold like their signature moves? and thanks for the info on google drive :D

Fingerless gloves, I dunno I chose them cause I went off what i was wearing at the time excluding the hat I wasn't wearing a hat i was wearing a headset but that doesn't fit in with pokemon at all, it was a VERY cold night last night

gosh I'm such a horrible person x] but after going over things for again I have a few questions I just want to get clarified about your character! you're still accepted I'd just appreciate it if you edited in explanations to these questions in your history
  • does Tai still want to become a pokemon breeder?
  • was his grandpa the one who sent in his letter request for a pokemon?
  • how come Tai just blindly followed his grandpa's words and dropped out of school just like that?

also, bolded moves are egg moves that I've given to your starter pokemon so no, they aren't their signature moves.

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
Years
I hope I'm not too late to join! I'd like to get back into roleplaying, and this looks fun! Red Tauros energy drinks are a running gag in my Pokemon OCs by the way. :7:

357c83a6-8ef5-4eb5-a3ed-7e2f29addee6_zps89984b67.jpg

Name: Annalise Paige Fairwing

Appearance: Annalise, or Anna as she will often call herself is close to average for her age, standing at five feet, six inches tall and weighing in at 134 lbs. She has light brown hair, which is often a bit unkempt and going off in a few different directions. Strangely, she seems to like it that way. The only accessories she chooses for her hair are a white band to keep it in place (somewhat) and a small tie to form a little side ponytail over her left ear. Her skin is slightly pale, a result of her sheltered upbringing, but has darkened slightly recently. The girl's eyes are a shade of the purest blue, and are often gazing curiously at some unfamiliar object. It is not uncommon to find Anna with her head in the clouds, even when one is speaking to her.

Despite her wealthy upbringing, Annalise does not have much care for her style of dress. She pays a small degree of attention to fashion and flair, but in no way will it ever manifest in formality. Her most common attire consists of a simple pair of denim shorts and a black tee marked with a red and white target. She lacks any sort of fancy jewelry that might connect her with the household that threw her out. She wears simple loose socks over her feet, along with black running shoes bearing a white stripe.

History/Backstory: Annalise was born to a wealthy businessman and his wife, a fashion model. Growing up in a manor in the countryside, she lived a sheltered, pampered life since infancy. Despite having servants to cater to her every whim, Anna felt uncomfortable in high society, and yearned for something more. She was not allowed to leave the mansion, except under the watchful eyes of her parents, who never let her stray far. Annalise would often explore the gardens of the manor and interact with the various Pokemon there, but by age ten she had seen every nook and cranny, and wished to explore beyond.

Being tutored privately rather than attending school, Annalise's only interactions with those of her own age were with the children of the other members of the club to which her parents belonged. Though several were snobbish and obsessed with high class, Anna did make a few friends in that circle, though she never felt terribly close. Though she did have an older brother, he had become absorbed in their father's business, and rarely spoke with her. Her parents were often busy with their work, or associating with friends of her own, leaving her care to the servants. But Annalise didn't mind much; she and her parents had so little in common that she felt better off without them.

Though they held no more secrets, or so she thought, Annalise continued to spend most of her free time in the gardens. Though her mother had a love for pink Pokemon, her father detested Pokemon with a passion, but as such had the garden filled with Clefairy, Skitty, and other Pokemon of those sorts for her pleasure. Anna interacted with them occasionally, but they were more attached to her mother than anyone else. Things began to change, however, in Anna's fourteenth year, when she discovered a lone Dratini swimming about in a pond after a rainstorm. She approached the Pokemon curiously; it was shy at first, but soon warmed up to the girl. The two became fast friends.

Anna's parents refused to let her keep the Pokemon, just as she had expected. But the girl was persistent. For a few months she managed to keep the Dratini hidden in the pool, coming to visit every day when no one was watching. One day however, her father became curious of why Annalise continually visited the same place rather than run around the gardens as she had in the past, and followed her in secret. He discovered the Dragon Pokemon, which led to a massive argument among the whole family, with Anna refusing to part with Dratini. Her mother had the young Dragon Pokemon disposed of in a nearby river, threatening to disown her daughter. Annalise couldn't care less.

The teenager packed up what little possessions were truly hers, and left for the city. At first she was unsure of what to do with herself, having no skills in the outside world and no home to return to. The only dream she held was to one day meet that Dratini again, but first she would need to find a place in the world. While searching for a job Annalise discovered a bulletin requesting teens and young adults to apply for an exam to receive a Pokemon. Curious, Annalise went to the local Pokemo Center in Cherrygrove city to take the test.

All the years of tutoring from the best of the best, despite how boring it was did pay off. Anna passed with flying colors and was given a letter to give to Professor Elm at his home. She wasn't sure what to expect at first, but she knew this would be her first steps toward finding her place in the world, away from her snobbish family. Her journey as a Pokemon Trainer is set to begin.

Personality: The first thing one will likely notice when meeting Annalise is her curiosity. Living a somewhat sheltered life has made her curious of every new thing she encounters. She sociable and eager to make friends, but also a bit gullible. Anna is a loyal companion to the end, and will do anything to protect a friend or loved one in danger. Though not a snob, she can be a handful if angered, and will do what she thinks is right regardless of anyone else's opinion. Annalise is beyond brave in the face of threats, though she has a hard time knowing when to run from a fight she can't win.

The girl's intelligence will often show in her book knowledge. She has learned many subjects from her tutoring, but her sheltered life has left her without life experience. She will often profess her knowledge to others, only to get corrected when displaying a lack of street smarts.

Anna sees Pokemon as her dear friends and partners, and makes very little distinction in the way she treats them and how she treats human friends. She has become somewhat disdainful of high-class society, but retains a small taste for flair and fashion. Rebellious at times, she detests having servants to cater to her every whim, and strives to be independent. While still new to Pokemon battles, Annalise employs a tactical approach rather than all-out offense. She strives to find her own place in the world, and show her family that she is not a failure so that she can laugh in their faces.

Starter:
152.gif

Name: Petal
Personality: The Pokedex may describe Chikorita as quiet and peaceful, but this particular individual does not match that description. Petal is full of spunk and always ready to get up and go. She has a competitive side, enjoying battles for the play and exercise, but isn't afraid to give it her all to win. She's a friendly little Pokemon with a warm heart, always wanting to play with others, but is shy around Professor Elm's Cyndaquil due to a past incident.

Theme: Mirai Start - Mimori Suzuko (Yes, it's the Japanese theme to MLP:FiM)

Other: Annalise has a great hatred of businesses and offices, wealthy snobs, and Bidoof (don't ask). She also has a great like of Red Tauros energy drinks and Gummy Cubchoo candies.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
gosh I'm such a horrible person x] but after going over things for again I have a few questions I just want to get clarified about your character! you're still accepted I'd just appreciate it if you edited in explanations to these questions in your history
  • does Tai still want to become a pokemon breeder?
  • was his grandpa the one who sent in his letter request for a pokemon?
  • how come Tai just blindly followed his grandpa's words and dropped out of school just like that?

also, bolded moves are egg moves that I've given to your starter pokemon so no, they aren't their signature moves.

Tai does want to become a pokemon breeder, yes his grandfather was (joey is a very proud man and treats his relatives and rattatta as if they were trophies) Tai wants to go on this journey to learn more about pokemon and maybe even get a few skills at breeding. These were actually RP points (with the exception of his grandfather sending the letter that is a good idea I will edt the SU) I had hoped to express in IC but that's okay I also have a trait of Tai's that I want to uncover as a developed habit from traveling

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Oh, Aqua Jet! Cool, thanks bunches~ Can't wait for the IC to be up. I'll try to post on a regular basis and make this an active journey.

A question - I have a plan to let Jun meet either a girl or a boy pretty early on and then travel together with them. Is this okay? The posts will still be centered around Jun and his thoughts and doings.

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
Years
@Shad0w - Well first of all, Christoper is a bit more than your average teenager considering he stands at 6'5 x]. But moving on to actual reviewing, I'd really like it if you expanded on Chris' history more. What was he doing when he wasn't in school? How was his life in Blackthorn? Be aware you don't have to necessarily answer these questions, they're just here to jump start ideas of ways you could expand his history. Mentioning Blackthorn, I'm assuming that's what you're referring to when you say Dragonthorn City?

Perhaps you could delve into his personality a bit more as well? Does he have any quirks or tendencies, good or bad?

also what's with the fingerless gloves trend o_x

I can't speak for the others, but I happen to wear the outfit of my character a good portion of the time, so that's my reasoning for the finger-less gloves :P .

I did mean Blackthorn! Thanks for pointing that out! I've updated the SU. Added a few more miscellaneous things.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Annalise would be happy to travel with Jun. :7: She's a little clunky. But she's friendly. She could also use someone to keep her from being tricked into buying a Magikarp. :7:
I meant me inventing a NPC that could travel with him ^^ I most often prefer to write chapters on my own, but I could meet up now and then and do a joint post!

About the fingerless gloves, haha, I wanted some extra color to Jun's outfit and they fit well. I did it before I saw that someone else did it, tbh!

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
Years
I meant me inventing a NPC that could travel with him ^^ I most often prefer to write chapters on my own, but I could meet up now and then and do a joint post!

About the fingerless gloves, haha, I wanted some extra color to Jun's outfit and they fit well. I did it before I saw that someone else did it, tbh!

Ah, okay. Annalise could use a friend be they NPC or otherwise. :7: She's pretty naive due to her childhood, but don't tell her that or you might get slapped. I just hope everything is in order for her to be accepted.

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
Years
Is being naive a theme here too or what? xD

You would be too if you came from her background. :) My original version of that character was a reincarnation of Jasmine for a Disney roleplay. The naivety evolved because since she almost never left the palace (or in that case her parents' Beverly Hills estate), so she has no experience in the outside world. I became really attached to the character, and she slowly ended up appearing in Pokemon stories with a different backstory of course. Most of the time I have her as a coordinator.

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
Is being naive a theme here too or what? xD

I know right?

I'm still working on my sign-up, but my original idea for my character was to have her be super naive and innocent. Then I read everyone's sign up.

Needless to say I've adjusted her character.

Last edited:

doge

???
Years
@Starlight - Of course you're not too late, we haven't even started! x] Anyways, you're accepted!

152.png
chikorita looks excited to meet you
Lvl 5
Tackle | Growl | Leech Seed

@Red - I don't see any problems with that so yeah it's fine if you make unimportant NPCs. And jeez Red, you were the first with fingerless gloves and naivety; you're a trendsetter!

Back