• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

THE OFFICIAL NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Great job in the Nuzlocke Newsletter, Karpman. There really is nothing I could tell you to improve. Well, it would be nice to add in some tasty CSS, but since [I believe] you have no knowledge of that, I guess you shouldn't bother...

Aha, so that's what a Sabotage run is, chaos. :-D Well, it sounds pretty confusing, but I might still give it a shot. Sometime, when I'm not so busy. :o

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
Years
Nice job on the newsletter. Actually, after seeing that, I may make my own comic...

I have a quick update on my Sapphire run. Not a full update, I'm too lazy right now to do that. It's really just a little story. No, I didn't lose.

I was on the route to the east of Fortree, and I was really thinking about what to do about Winona. Half my Pokemon were weak to Flying, and the only two that weren't were Earl (my Swellow), and George the Zigzagoon, who was an HM slave. So, essentially I was screwed.
Going across the bridge, Steven comes along and gives me the Devon Scope. I was then forced into battle with a Kecleon. I caught it, and was about to name it Derp 2, as Castform was Derp, when I notcied something - Access to Ice Beam. *Troll face activate* I then named him Joe.
I grinded Kecleon up to a solid level of 33 and entered the gym. Kecleon, with a great SpA boosting nature, proved to be a monster, wiping out every single trainer. Then, there was Winona. Swellow - Crushed by Ice Beam. Pelipper - Was kind of troublesome, but I eventually beat it. Skarmory wasn't too hard, I had taught Shock Wave to Kecleon and that pretty much spelled the end of Skarmory. Then Altaria came in, and since the last move Skarmory used on me was Steel Wing, Earthquake was super effective and killed Kecleon, but not before Kecleon Ice Beamed it, bringing it to half. My only Pokemon that could actually do something to it was Andy. Andy was my only chance, and if he died, it was game over.
I had taught Andy (Who's a Sceptile, if you didn't know) Hidden Power earlier, but didn't even know what type it was. I was hoping for Dragon, Ice, or Rock, and when Andy outsped Altaria and smashed it with a Hidden Power Rock I think, I was very happy. Andy had saved my entire run with that move. However, he couldn't save Kecleon. RIP Joe the Kecleon.

Last edited:
Years
@Chaos1011, I'd be happy to be your sabotage partner, and that trollface.jpg totally made that post XD
@AyameHikaru, The shaking grass is a regular encounter, you can walk into it if you feel you can get something other than a Tabunne, its nothing special really. Also, no dream world.
@rainbowsasuk yep, you can nuzlocke crystal ^_^
@560cool, thanks for the compliments and I would kill for some CSS, if anyone is interested in giving the NN some kickass CSS, please contact me
@Zaroas, thanks for the compliments and I'd love to see your comic

Years
Guy, guys, you know what we should do (besides the sabotagelocke (was the original one ever finished by the way, it's been a while since I lurked it), in which I'd be interested as well, but I'm probably too late)?
Well, I've been doing civilization-related things recently, and founds this whole succession game stuff. And I thought "Hell, why not Nuzlocke this?"
So how would that work? Well, the basic idea can even be found on TV Tropes (a fact about that I have, admittedly, not known about before half a minute ago), and...
In General, it would look like this:
1. Assembling players and creating a list
2. Playing the game. I'd say one would play until after the next major boss battles. As such I would count gym leaders, criminal organization leaders and of course the Elite 4.

What would be the benefits of this? Well, first, the players would probably play more carefully than in an individual run. Things would be planned out better. And, most importantly, it would be a fun experience, or at least I think so.

So, would anyone be interested in this (and if yes, what game? As for myself, I'd be interested in playing some crazy hack) or is my idea complete garbage?

As for the newsletter, I like it. Don't know what else to say. I don't like glass cannons though, they've never worked for me before unless I was ridiculously overleveled.

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2016
Update 8:

Tragedy strikes... More than once.

After beating Byron, the Palkia side-quest kicked into gear. I followed the Galactics to the various lakes, taking down Candice in Snowpoint Gym in the process. She proved a bit of a breeze in the end, Red Rum taking care of Snover and Abomasnow, Eyrie taking care of Medicham and Venus - my brand new recruit, a Jolly Medicham (female) caught on Route 217 at Lv.36 - taking care of Sneasel. Venus was a great new addition to the team, replacing Java, whose usefulness from now on will likely decline. I gave her Pokerus and spent my remaining Heart Scales giving her Thunder- and Ice-Punch, and went back to Oreburgh Gate to get Brick Break, which I also taught her, along with Drain Punch. Awesome moveset.

I then followed the Galactics back to their base in Veilstone and cleared it out with no real trouble, not even against the many leaders they have in place. Cyrus then left to do something complicated at Spear Pillar, so I followed him to Mount Coronet, with a team of Eyrie, Clipper, Kazza, Venus, Rubble and Arnold, my Bibarel HM slave. The various denizens of Mount Coronet's inner tunnels were being swept aside with few problems, until one Graveler took offense at Eyrie's attempt to OHKO it with Close Combat. It had worked fine on other Gravelers; I guess this one had a Defence-boosting Nature. Either way, it survived Close Combat, Eyrie's Defence took the hit, and then Graveler's Rock Blast critted and Eyrie was down, some 40 levels after I caught him.

This was A Bad Thing. Not only had I lost one of my most reliable and long-serving team members, but he was also the only Pokemon I could think of that I had caught who could learn Fly, and his Intimidate ability was a major part of my Elite-Four-beating plan. But I had to persevere, which I did. When I reached the top of Mount Coronet, Diamond healed my team up - I considered cheating at this point and keeping Eyrie alive, but I did the right thing and didn't use him. Venus took care of Palkia in impressive style, and I escaped Mount Coronet one friend lighter.

The next move was to head East from Pastoria towards Sunyshore. I retrieved Java from the PC and started the trek, taking out the first few Fishermen on the way. Rubble was lagging a few levels behind at this point, so I switched him in against a Sailor's Mantyke while it was in the middle of using Bounce. I could not have planned for what happened next. I will describe it in play-by-play format.

Turn 1 - Switch in Rubble. Mantyke uses Bounce. Barely any damage, but Rubble is Paralyzed. Shouldn't make much difference with any luck - Rubble was slower anyway.

Turn 2 - Mantyke goes first, uses Confuse Ray. Rubble uses Rock Slide - beats confusion, but is fully paralyzed.

Turn 3 - Mantyke uses Water Pulse. It gets a Critical Hit. Rubble goes down.

So just like that, after hours and hours of play without losing a single Pokemon - the last one I lost was Silver, 4 whole Gyms ago - I'd lost my two longest-serving Pokemon in less than an hour. Suddenly the Bug-type Elite Four member wasn't looking so easy. It really just goes to show that even when a Nuzlocke run looks to be going smoothly, disaster is always threatening just around the corner.

I've withdrawn Sponge, my Shellos, from the PC, and I'm looking to build a new team now.

The team:
Spoiler:

PC:
Spoiler:

Deceased:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Guy, guys, you know what we should do (besides the sabotagelocke (was the original one ever finished by the way, it's been a while since I lurked it), in which I'd be interested as well, but I'm probably too late)?
Well, I've been doing civilization-related things recently, and founds this whole succession game stuff. And I thought "Hell, why not Nuzlocke this?"
So how would that work? Well, the basic idea can even be found on TV Tropes (a fact about that I have, admittedly, not known about before half a minute ago), and...
In General, it would look like this:
1. Assembling players and creating a list
2. Playing the game. I'd say one would play until after the next major boss battles. As such I would count gym leaders, criminal organization leaders and of course the Elite 4.

What would be the benefits of this? Well, first, the players would probably play more carefully than in an individual run. Things would be planned out better. And, most importantly, it would be a fun experience, or at least I think so.

So, would anyone be interested in this (and if yes, what game? As for myself, I'd be interested in playing some crazy hack) or is my idea complete garbage?

As for the newsletter, I like it. Don't know what else to say. I don't like glass cannons though, they've never worked for me before unless I was ridiculously overleveled.

I kind of understood, kind of tl'dr'd it, but I'll edit the sign ups into the first post, just shout in the thread if you want to sign up. Anyhow, what if everybody played on ROMs (I'd say Sienna), videotape their boss, fight, then the game host rates each boss fight, on certain criteria, and the winner of each "Round" chooses a pokemon to kill off from the opposing faction, just to make death quicker, and if you black out, you lose. When all members of a faction, die the opposing faction wins. Also, TV tropes? Now this is really turning into the Nuzlocke Forums :S
Also, Mondays if you have an MSN,can I have it, so we can stay in contact.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2011
As Sabin walked around with his Piplup PRIDE to get new pokemon, he stumbled across a biddof. Piplup gave a couple of punds and then it was caught. He named this Lisa.

He then went back to his previous root and stumbled upon another bidoof. He decided to catch this one too to interchange between them. Turns out he ran out of luck. He named this one Toothy.

On her first battle, with a wild Bidoof, Lisa struggled. She gave it her all, but that thing was faster and..... poor Lisa. I'll never forget her.

Toothy finished the cretin off though. I decided I'd have to let Pride help Toothy out in training, at least till it was a little stronger, so it wouldnt face the same fate as Lisa.

My Team:
Spoiler: Team

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Well there was a Flash Flood here,and the Water ruined my Diamond so I cant Sabatoge that anymore.Lucky my Dad is bring another copy for me.So I need a new Sabatoge Partner. Oh and if you dont belive me check out this
Spoiler:

On the second pic,the first house on the left is my uncle's,and my aunts house is literally ripped in half and everything that was hers is GONE.The Water took it,along with my Diamond that I left on the counter. D:
So ya who wants to be my new Sabatoge Partner?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2016
Well there was a Flash Flood here,and the Water ruined my Diamond so I cant Sabatoge that anymore.Lucky my Dad is bring another copy for me.So I need a new Sabatoge Partner. Oh and if you dont belive me check out this
Spoiler:

On the second pic,the first house on the left is my uncle's,and my aunts house is literally ripped in half and everything that was hers is GONE.The Water took it,along with my Diamond that I left on the counter. D:
So ya who wants to be my new Sabatoge Partner?

That's really terrible, I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope nothing too valuable was lost, and hopefully no-one got hurt.

Want me to do the 'R.I.P, bro' section of the Nuzlocke News? It's about Pokemon that have fainted in a Nuzlocke, and it is like a 'big sendoff' for them., celebrating all they've done. It could give us some amusement too.

That's a good idea. Please make sure my Staraptor Eyrie gets a mention if you do this! He single-handedly beat Gardenia and Maylene, and his Intimidate saved my team on more occasions than I can count, especially from various Gyarados...

398.png

RIP Eyrie the Level 40 Sassy Staraptor
Caught at Level 4 on Route 204
Risked his life on more occasions than I can remember, Intimidating foes to save his team mates
Died in Mount Coronet, when a wild Graveler got lucky with Rock Blast​

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
No one got hurt,luckily.

I too once had a Staraptor too.His name was Avian.My first and best freind I have ever captured in a nuzlocke run. He was an early Staravia on Roark so Intimidate was amazing,Gardenia had no business with Avian,Fantina couldn't tocuh him either,then when it was Maylene it was Staraptor time...Crasher Wake died to a Max Power Return,Close Combat on Byron and Candince,Avian solo'd half of Cyrus,the only place he wasn't good at was Volkner but he did grant me the game with a Return on Elektavire.

Aaron was Solo'd,Bertha was fine besides Rhyperior and Gliscor,Infernape was OHKO with Brave Bird,and Alakazam can go to the death and beyond with his low defence,Gallade too while we are at it. And Cynthia,he proved himself that day. Garchomp vs Staraptor.I was at Full HP he was at half.He Dragon Rushed me and I survived at Red."I'm safe"I thought I Brave Bird right after Chomp ( I was slower) I knew I could survive the recoil then switch into my Gyrados for more Intimidate...... Brave Bird crits and takes Garchomp,but at what price?If I KO'd him at half health the Recoil will for sure Kill me.......

It did,I will always remember Avian. Rest In Peace Lvl 3 - lvl 54

dragonite149

I am not male
Years
I'm stuck. Aloe's Gym Puzzle is so freakin' hard to solve! Also, can I start the 'Ask Dragonite' section? It's where users can PM me questions about Nuzlocke and the Pokemon games, and I'll answer them. Can I do the R.I.P. section too? Karpman, is that O.K?

Last edited:
Years
Chaos, I'm sorry for not only you but everyone the area in which this disaster took place, my prayers will go out to your family as well as the inhabitants of Sao Joao.

Dragonite149, if you actually read my post at the end of the newsletter, you could have seen that you are required to apply to be a part of the newsletter, you can't simply start your own sections without even being a part of the team. The newsletter comes out as a single entity not a bunch of unorginized sections. While I like your ideas, your post showed disregard for everything I outlined in the newsletter. So no, it does not sound good, at all. I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but it shows that you read over my posts which I try to make worth reading.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Aw, poor you chaos. I hope that only your Diamond got hurt and that you're all alright. Are those flash-floods frequent ?

Hey, Karpman. I actually came here to recommend a new bro'. How about Blaziken ? I mean, he tended to be very helpful on my early Hoenn runs (forfeited because of school/laziness...).

Years
Aw, poor you chaos. I hope that only your Diamond got hurt and that you're all alright. Are those flash-floods frequent ?

Hey, Karpman. I actually came here to recommend a new bro'. How about Blaziken ? I mean, he tended to be very helpful on my early Hoenn runs (forfeited because of school/laziness...).

Starters are always bros, everyone knows that :P
The section is to introduce players to useful pokemon that they didn't think were useful that they might have lying around in their box.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Thank you everyone.

And 560cool. it doesn't happen frequently.That was the most disasterous thing the city ever happend (it wasnt THAT band only 3 houses were destroyed and no one got SERIOUSLY hurt (the worst was a couple of cuts on the leg))

But this is a NUZLOCKE thread so lets get to that,Im still needing a partner Karpman wanna be it?

Years
Thank you everyone.

And 560cool. it doesn't happen frequently.That was the most disasterous thing the city ever happend (it wasnt THAT band only 3 houses were destroyed and no one got SERIOUSLY hurt (the worst was a couple of cuts on the leg))

But this is a NUZLOCKE thread so lets get to that,Im still needing a partner Karpman wanna be it?

I'm afraid not, remember that the Pokemon Sienna faction-locke has started though.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
I might stop doing Sabatoge Locke because Im curious on what Sienna-Style Nuzlocke is (I saw what it is but Im still confused on how it works)

Years
So I'm not around for ONE day, and so much happens, aaargh
Anyways...

I'm in.
I'm not sure if I have understood everything because my own post is such a confusing mess. Well, it has hella late when I wrote it, I can use that as an excuse. But, I do know the basic concept so there can't go much wrong except, right? Right?

As for MSN, I used that thing the last time, like, a year ago or so. But, I think I should be able to get it to work anyways.

Also, it feels weird reading about crap happening to chaos' relatives (my condolences (I'm not sure if that word is appropriate for the situation, but I don't know any better ones) by the way, even if its late and won't help), looking out of the window and seeing it snowing peacefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back