• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gangs

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I lived in da hood when I was a teenager. I was no stranger to gangs, although I was never involved or anything.

However, when I was a junior, starting in a new high school, the only gangs we had were the following: the Mexicans living in the US, and the Mexicans representing Mexico. It's a long story, and the only fights that break out are the fights from those gangs. The lunch tables in my high school were segregated by those gangs.

Pinta77

So I was hanging out with my brother onetime. And he invited his friends. And his friend invited his friends. And they were all crips. And I was like "oh sh..."

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
I'm not involved in a gang well atleast not anymore. I still have friends who could be called connections but I don't get myself into stuff I can't handle. I live in an area that well it looks nice but just don't go out at night especially around 11 it can get hectic. Im not sure if we have any gangs just posse's or groups of kids who like knives (me included) no one gets attacked but I haven't really eard the gossip yet. Don't blame rap for this stuff, the media is full of B.S. and rap is good it tells a story and though it generally has gangster-like artists they produce their own material and the story behind it isnt about love.

T The Manager

RealTalkRealFlow
Years
^ actually there's only been a few gangsta rappers that actually claimed a set. Most of them was just a gimmick but they still knew the hood because they grew up there.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
Only gangs I've ever come across are groups of chavs hanging out together who try provoking every single person who walk by them. It's pathetic really.

Any serious activity however I've never witnessed in England. Gangs I don't think are much of a problem here.

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
Years
  • Age 27
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
Only gangs I've ever come across are groups of chavs hanging out together who try provoking every single person who walk by them. It's pathetic really.

Any serious activity however I've never witnessed in England. Gangs I don't think are much of a problem here.

They don't even provoke you, they just go up and ask "oi bruv set me sum fags from tescos innit"

Also, gangs are still a problem in England, just not where I'm around because I live in a (relatively) posh area.

Manitee

bury me alive
Years
Nah, I'll talk to anybody. I don't think there are any gangs around here, if they are they're down the rough end of town and I'm stayin' away from there.

AsuraMachina

Who Am I?
Years
Gangs? What most people call Gangs these days are the 13-20 year old chavs that loiter the streets.
Plenty of that sort around my way. Start a fight for just breathing the same airspace that lot.
Not the least bit concerned for them.
If they had to go up against a real gang say the triad haha
They would be scarewed!

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Surprisingly, I've never been involved with gangs. I've seen many gang members irl, but I've never been involved with any gang activity that I'm aware of. Gangs are scary imo, I'm not gonna be all macho about it.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
Years
Have you had any experiences dealing with gangs? Whether you just had a one off encounter with them or if they were a lingering presence in your community. I'm interested in hearing your stories.

Luckily I've never had to deal with them in my adult life but throughout high school there was always this threat of people calling their "connections" if you messed with them or if they just felt like harassing you. I know every school has bullies but I think it's more serious when you have to worry about a dozen or more people showing up to your school with baseball bats and sometimes even knives. So not only would you have to put up with the bullying at school, but if you fought back against certain people then you would be at risk of being targeted by youth gangs. It was the stress and the mind games of these threats that messed me up more than any of the actual bullying or beatings that I had to deal with.

Now I'm not claiming that I grew up in the hood or anything. These connections that people claimed to have weren't hardened criminals, they were usually a bunch of losers in their late teens and even early twenties who didn't have jobs or lives of their own. Pathetic wannabe gangsters who hung around people much younger than them because most people their own age were busy being productive members of society. It still bothers me though when I think about what they got away with doing, even if they didn't amount to much in life.

I blame rap music and **** parents.

I have. I live in Baltimore, Maryland. Gangs are a heavy presence in our neighborhoods.(Bloods, Crips, DMI and other smaller gangs but not so organized and deadly.) I never was in a gang but I am a juggalo and grew up believing in what is a family not a gang(Even though the government has now classified juggalo's as a gang due to teenagers actions who are apart of it.) We were just a large group of teenagers at the time in my neighborhood who believed in psychopathic records and there beliefs and that if you ****ed with one family member you had to step to us all. We believed in protecting our own, our family. We never went out and did anything though unless someone started something with us. Now the current age of juggalo's though is mainly a bunch of gang banging hoodlums.

I have had a couple run ins with DMI & Crips in my area but never got hurt or anything serious happen due to the fact that we never did anything really to provoke any of the gangs and we just did our own thing.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
Years
Eh gang or not I don't view that as an admirable mentality. I heard ICP on the radio a few months ago and they seem like cool people. Their fans have a horrible reputation though. To us outsiders anyway.

I very much agree now a days.

Years
Thankfully, I've never had any experience with gangs. The closest would have been when I was living in my old neighbourhood where it was considered "ghetto," I guess, and bad things happening was frequent. Apparently there were a couple notable gangs around there, but never had a run in with either of them during my time living there.

Years
It was St. Patricks day which is big here in Ireland obviously, and I was attacked by a drunk gang in town after the parades when I was 15 with my cousin. Broad daylight, 3pm, nobody helped us out, ridiculous. They didn't do much thankfully, they just hit me on the ear with a crowbar...I realise that sounds rather drastic but my ear was only sore for maybe a week.
EDIT: People are talking about musical influences, and I guess rap music but also bassline music at least over here, but that doesn't necessarily mean rap/bassline are bad influences for everyone

Years
I've never had experience with gangs either, and I don't think I'd ever join one because I wouldn't want to be a meanie around others, plus it'll be a rub in the face to me given I'm a heavy victim of bullying.

(and yay 12,000th post)

Back