• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I'm new to this and i hope i'm posting in the right place etc.
But i use a visualboy advanced. but how do I play the ".jps" files that most of the rom hacks are in? :S

If you mean .ips patches... then you need a program called Lunar IPS patching program, you can find it here.

Then simply apply it to a .gba file, you must patch it on the correct type of ROM, make sure you check the hack thread to see what ROM base it uses and what version the ROM base is.

Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2010
How to trade using a gameshark save file and your own file using VBA

I was wondering how you would do this if you are using your own save file (brand new) and then a file that I obtained from the gameshark save files.

Also want to add:

I started with a brand new save file and was using version 1.7.2... but when I got to the trade center and was waiting on it to "connect" it just sat there and said waiting for other person (or whatever it says).

Thanks!

Years
When you're using an emulator to play with
how do you trade in eggs or pokémon that you cannot catch in the game or at the end of the game?
Cause I've seen a lot of guys here talkin about it, but I've not the tiniest clue on how to do that.

james97

Beginning (Awesome) Trainer
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 30, 2021
Hey all,
I have searched up everywhere and i cant seem to find an answer to my question (and this is not the normal saving error that can be solved by flash 128k) The problem is randomly one day my ROM restarted ( an emerald rom hack= pokemon flora sky ) and eversince then whenever i try to save or close the program this message comes up= Error creating file D:\VBA\EMUcr_VBA-rr-r303\battery\ Pokemon emerald (U). One day it just randomly started like this and this is the only game with the problem :(

Does anyone have a soultion....

Edit: the problem is solved, i had to update the software of the VBA emulator, if you would also like the link P.M me and i will give it to you. Credit to katrin2oo9 for the link

Last edited:

NismoZ

SMW Hacker
Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2011
So I have a Mario Paint ROM, and it's in PAL. In Snes9x (which I'd really rather use), with the mouse controller turned on, nothing will happen. It works fine in ZSNES, but like I said earlier, I'd rather use Snes9x.

(I like how I'm the only person who asks questions about Mario games in this thread =P)

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2015
hello everybody, i hope someone can help, i have searched every where and i cant seem to find a certain hacked rom, it was posted once on ipmart, but links died already, it was named pokemon crystal us hacked, it has all the pokemons in gold, silver crystal and all the legendaries. you can catch all in this single rom. its very fun coz its difficult to begin, you can encounter high level pokemons even in beginning of game. i used to have a copy of it on my phone and run it on vbag but memory card got corrupted. and i really am just a newbie in patching roms, i just love playing the game, can someone please help, and thank you in advance, meri xmas and a hapi new yer everyone

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
Hi... I have a saving problem...
Every time I try to save on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Red Rescue Team, it says "Save failed." No matter how many times I try, it says that same message. That's not all. My PMD -Explorers of Time ROM does the same thing. I can't use snapshots either, "NO$GBA - The ROM has crashed." pops up when I try to load a snapshot made of said ROM. (I am using VGA with Red Rescue Team, No$GBA with Explorers of Time.) I have no clue what's going on... How do I fix this?

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
hello everybody, i hope someone can help, i have searched every where and i cant seem to find a certain hacked rom, it was posted once on ipmart, but links died already, it was named pokemon crystal us hacked, it has all the pokemons in gold, silver crystal and all the legendaries. you can catch all in this single rom. its very fun coz its difficult to begin, you can encounter high level pokemons even in beginning of game. i used to have a copy of it on my phone and run it on vbag but memory card got corrupted. and i really am just a newbie in patching roms, i just love playing the game, can someone please help, and thank you in advance, meri xmas and a hapi new yer everyone
Look in the sideshow showcase I don't know the exact rom your looking for, but there are plenty of 386(or 251 in your case)s there.

Rayce

Nooo0000OOB
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Okay I've read through several pages but simply don't have time to read them all.
So far I have only seen one person ask a question of this kind and he asked for someone to message him.
I have used a VBA emulator for a while and played through a couple of games and have a good understanding of cheats and such. However recently I have attempted to play some hacked versions on these games with no success. I download the files but I simply can not figure out how to patch them with the game. Is there a program that I am missing? Please someone explain to me how to do it so that I know it's not simply my old worthless computer

UltimaSilva

Varsity Quarterback
Years
I need some help. I'm trying to make a pokemon leaf green walk-through. I want to put my voice on it, but I really don't know how? Can someone please help me fast? Thanks!

Rayce

Nooo0000OOB
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Thanks, I downloaded it a while ago.
Another question, is Desmume safe and virus free? McAfee says it isn't.

From what I've seen it's perfectly safe, I've never heard of any problems with it and from when I've used it(very rarely because my computer hardly supports it) I have had no such problems.

Are you sure that McA fee wasn't simply warning you about programs like that, because there are many similar programs that may be harmful

UltimaSilva

Varsity Quarterback
Years
Okay, here what McAfee says about it: In our tests this download contained programs some people would consider adware, spyware or other potentially unwanted programs

Some help?

Rayce

Nooo0000OOB
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Okay, here what McAfee says about it: In our tests this download contained programs some people would consider adware, spyware or other potentially unwanted programs

Some help?

Weird that they'd say that, it is possible that they generalized things like that and simply give them bad reviews to lower use of them. I have it downloaded on my computer and I have found no slowing, new programs I don't recognize and my virus protecting hasn't found anything

Petemon

GO Abra
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2011
Ruby to Emerald Trading :(

okay i try to trade from ruby to emerald with vba link
when im at the top floor emerald 'please choose the leader or join a group'
while ruby says please wait press b to cancel

Please Help

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2011
Hi ..
Im playing this hack (pokemn flora sky) and try to cheat using gameshark code but a pop up message says that :
This cheat is only for BPEE and you game is (i forgot) how can i use cheat to this hack?

Please help me :)

Back