• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Medal System

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Medals are newly introduced to the games. You gain them by accomplishing various tasks throughout the game. You can get them from doing anything like catching Pokemon to doing various tasks. There's over 200 different medals in 5 different categories. Alder gives you the medal box after you defeat two trainers in his house on route 20.

Serebii has more information on their page, here!

Discuss this new feature. Are you going to complete the medal task and become the elite medalist?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 19, 2015
So, from what I understand, this is basically the Pokémon equivalent of an Achievements system? I wonder what some of them are...

Going for all 200+ may be as daunting a task as the Living Dex challenge.

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
u get medal case when i got mine i got like 3 medals on the spot the dude hangs in a pokecenter and u talk to him and he unlock more. somethin bout 50 dont understand quite yet but may be catch 50 pokemon or see 50 pokemon if i guess.

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2016
I like the thought of playing for the medals but how well executed are the challenges, those who play JAP?

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 24, 2012
I'm glad ideas such as this have been inserted in the game, it adds a lot of replay value unlike Black/White, you'll definitely be spending more time in this game, not just on medals, theres so much more!

Years
I'd rather snag cool Pokemon like Dream World females and the Therian Forme Kamis, but collecting all these is pretty cool and something to do when you're bored, lol.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 19, 2015
Oh my goodness, some of these are going to be ridiculous to get. "Beat the Elite Four and Champion using only one pokémon?" And one of them just looks entertaining, "catch the graffiti on the back of a sign"? interesting.

I can't wait to see how many of these I never get, due to lack of Pokémon-playing friends IRL.

Years
This seems like overkill to me... 200+ medals to collect (though some seem easy-"Ace Pilot:Use Fly to fly across the Unova Region")... it does seem like they want us to play the game for a long time coming. Maybe to hold us over till their next game release? Though knowing some hardcore fans will get this done in about... let's say a minimum of a month? Ugh, for me i'll try for a hundred and whatever medal i'll randomly stumble upon. Well once it gets over here in the fall(? I think.)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Oh my goodness, some of these are going to be ridiculous to get. "Beat the Elite Four and Champion using only one pokémon?" And one of them just looks entertaining, "catch the graffiti on the back of a sign"? interesting.

I can't wait to see how many of these I never get, due to lack of Pokémon-playing friends IRL.
One Pokemon...well I guess that would be a challenge without a legendary...or a Zoroark (I used one to beat the league in BW...maybe I should try again ;) )

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
This will make an 100% run hell, but I'm looking to break the Speed Gamers' catch-em-all time (for in-game play time) first. The time to beat is 335 hours and 52 minutes, and I am up for the challenge.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Screeeeeeeeeeew that! Sounds like the sprite system in Harvest Moon DS Cute. Which is awful. Luckily, these medals aren't a requirement unlike the harvest sprites in HM. So yeah, I'm probably not gonna make an effort to get any and I won't even remember to go get them. So...lol.

Back