• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What version of the game are you playing?

What version do you have?

• Black 2

Votes: 71 43.3%
  • White 2

Votes: 67 40.9%
  • Black 2 and White 2

Votes: 26 15.9%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
I am playing White 2 because I thought I would get the Black Kyurem xD

Miyako

Rolling~♥~Bubbles
Years
I currently have just White 2, because I love Reshiram and White Kyurem. <3 Once I get White and beat it, then I'll buy Black 2. (Yeah, kinda mixed things up by linking my Black game with White 2, but it doesn't hurt anything)

DarkSaiyanGirl

Leviathan
Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2012
I got Black2 and my best friend got White2 so we're fully completing the games together and trading etc. I also got the collector's edition walkthrough and it is simply amazzinnngg. (:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I have both! I've only played B2 though and kind of lazy to start W2 but I will eventually :)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Well I am done with W2 for now. I started B2 last night....well about a week ago so I could get a 2nd Genesect. But I started actually playing B2 last night and I plan on rushing it. To get the Iron Key and Latios.

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
I have White 2. Some of my favourite Pokémon are exclusive to that particular version and I just prefer White over Black.

Anyway, the only difference between the games is different Pokémon, a slightly different story and a slightly different script (At one point).

Icy Burn

Beginner Breeder | Kyurem W <3
Years
I got White 2 first because last time I had White, so ... I wanted to carry it on.

I ordered Black 2 yesterday for things such as the Keys, Pokedex and that kind of stuff that is only exclusive to that one. :3

Pvt Tamama

Chii!
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
i bought white one so i deiced to buy black 2 this time around just cause i didn't want to be a racist

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
I bought W2 because I only have W and I wanted Cressalia and Latias. I got it the day it was released in the US but I still haven't gotten past the 5th gym. :( College keeps getting in the way but now I'm on Thanksgiving break so I'll be able to hopefully finish beating it. :)

Reactions: EB
Years
I'm playing White 2, because I thought it would be a good idea to continue the trend after playing White. I've never gotten both versions of the game in the past since they're always pretty similar, so I'll probably just stick with White 2.

Turboblaze

Blazing Aura
Years
I definitely favored Black 2 even though I bought them both when they first came out but I'm about to start White 2 over now and get some hours in that game.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I was going to get Pokemon White 2, but I wanted to try Black City because I already did White Forest. Yeah I got Pokemon Black 2. I am thinking of getting Pokemon White 2, but that will mean I will have to get Pokemon Black and a new gameshark because I don't feel like catching certain legendaries, I just want the games just to have them

:t354:TG

Years
I bought Black 2 in GameStop.

I played Pokemon White last time so I thought it would be a good idea to switch around. I particularly enjoy the benefit of Black City in Black 2 :)

Plasma Prince N

Full-time Pokémon Master.
Years
I usually get both, but this time I only got White 2 due to limited funds. Most of my friends were getting Black 2, so I figured I'd get White 2 in case they ever wanted to trade with me.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I bought Black 2 in GameStop.

I played Pokemon White last time so I thought it would be a good idea to switch around. I particularly enjoy the benefit of Black City in Black 2 :)
Just saying, you probably already knew this, but Game Freak said themselves that they want us to play the same color version that we got last time (meaning, if you got White 1, you should get White 2). That way there won't be any continuity errors.

That being said, I got White 2 because I played White 1.

Back