• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I've always had them on because i just like to see the attack, especially in the newer Gens.
Being in 3D, i'll definitely leave them on playing X/Y :D

diamondmutt1111

A wild summer appeared!
Years
I would hope they would keep the option for turning the animations off for those who do that, I personally don't turn off animations because they interest me too much (for some reason). However, I still think having that option open, especially now that the battles look like they will take longer, would be a good idea.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah, I hope they keep it. idk it'd seem like a step backwards to take them away. That in mind, I hope the L = A feature comes back. It's nice when you're multitasking and you can just kind of play your game with one hand. Can't do that with BW(2) cause they took that feature away. Sending gift Pokemon to your PC when your party is full needs to come back too. That was a feature in Gen I of all things. And it never saw a return. Silly.

btw, love your sigs Zorogami and Diamond. :)

Years
Hey guys,

I haven't been on for way too long! Final year uni and work have kept me busy for the last few months.

I was, as most people end up doing, browsing through random youtube videos when I was procrastinating. In doing that, I came across this:
http://youtu.be/NfvFahY8sSY

For those who don't feel like watching, it's a simultaneous playthrough by 4 guys, who are planning on working their way through all the games.

The painful (to me) part about this is that these guys don't have much of an idea of the games, at least compared to most of us on the forums. Hence I had the idea that we could do our own version!

Of course this is going to take a lot of organisation. What's more, we are all in different parts of the world (at least I am, I'm in Australia). So we need to find a time when 4 (good number I think, but I'm open to suggestions) can dedicate an hour or so block to play in. Also, only being able to play a (relatively) short amount of time each block will mean that we are in for a LONG time to complete the game.

Anyway, we can get to particulars later. What I want to know, would there be an interest in doing this? Perhaps combining it with a challenge to make it more interesting?

I'm keen.

EDIT: Also found thishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMFG8rzNPRc

EDIT2: and another! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGaL8Ifc2Y0

Last edited:

Halfcadence

Monocolorist
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 2, 2023
I would tentatively be down to do this, but there are a lot of big Ifs for me:

-Right now i have a new ac adapter coming for my computer, so hopefully that makes it work again
-My laptop might not be powerful enough to record and play at the same time, we'd have to see
-I don't have a decent mic
-I'm not very interesting
-More than just me would have to be interested in it for me to want to.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I wouldn't be able to do it either, I'm afraid. :( I'm crazy lazy and just don't have that kind of time.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
>u< I really need to finish challenges x.x I am doing way too many atm >.<

Years
Ok, I had an idea that could make this more viable - we play PokeMMO.

This way only 1 person would actually have to record, and we would effectively all be playing on the same game! Like a proper co-op sort of thing. Should still be able to play through a challenge of some sort ie. Nuzlocke, monotype etc. Thoughts?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
That's only a great idea if you're the patient kind. I never had the patience to go through PokeMMO >.< it's slow and laggy at points and yeah >.>
Truth be told, I like to play my pokemon games alone. So sure, the people at PokeMMO worked hard & whatnot, but I think a proper Pokemon MMORPG would be different than just running through a game like FireRed/LG, the only difference being that there's other people around you.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
@mamoswineftw: Your youtube links were very cool, and I'd probably have enough free time to do something like that, but I have no idea how to get 4 people recording like that at once... Anywho, I'd love to play PokeMMO with someone through a challenge! Now that's easy and classic. :D I have an account or two, and if things are the same since I've played, I should be able to do up to 3 new games.

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
Hi fellow Swablus, long time no see :3c

My brothers have been playing pokemon the last few days, and i got a hold of a White 2 i can restart, so i decided to finally get through the last round of my Bug UMC at least. :)

I think I will keep a bookmark for the challenge forum this time around, so even if i don't feel like doing a challenge right then, i won't just drop off the face of the forum for half a year again ;-;

Edit: As for the topic on this page: I'd be down for some PokeMMO with some of you guys. It will be a pain in the butt to coordinate a working timing for an Australian, an European and an American though {D:}
I have semi-summerbreak already though, so if its planned beforehand i can maybe work something out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back