• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your opinion on ROBLOX?

Years
Hey guys, welcome to the ROBLOX opinions thread. Here, you can post your opinion on ROBLOX. Now let's get started with my opinion: Cool because you can be anything there and build anything!

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
Well, when I was a naive 11 year old, I loved it...
Then, after about 2 years, of being a short tempered, naive, stupid, easily butthurt kid, I realized...its kinda stupid. The community is full of idiots, the gameplay is shallow, admins are money grubbing EVIL people...
Nowawadays, most of the features require builders club. You seriously can't do anything without paying. Thats stupid.

Minecraft kicks the crap out of this any day.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
I used to play this sad, sad excuse for an online building game. Then, I took an arrow to the - Nevermind, I just quit and joined Minecraft, which is
much
much
much
MUCH
better.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
I played on roblox #1 competitor/betterthanit game, Blockland. It cost $20 for full (At least when I bought it for me and my friend(20 each)) but my friend and I had so much fun in the demo and it was well worth it. Hours apon hours of building/RPing/war/ZS. Is still play it sometimes

So back on topic, playing blockland gave me a natural competitive hatred of robloxs. I have never once played it and never will.

If anyone who reads this gets blockland, send ODSTmarine a friend request :D

Jaffersin

Painting the town R.E.D.
Years
In the earlier days of '04-'06 or so ROBLOX was a rather decent idea and one that I personally enjoyed. It acted as both a playground and showcase of coding in which young minds could come together and collab something nice. It inspired me to at least try my hand at scripting lua as well, even if I hadn't gotten far it stretched one's creativity. The original Builder's Club was also far more sound, simply being a means of the site having you pay for the bandwith required for you to host extra places.

The problem lies in the fact that from there the team commercialized the game and Builder's club with more heavy implementing of Robux. With multiple ranks kids would be begging for their parent's credit cards to buy the highest form of Builder's Club for life. The team spent less time coding in new ways to allow players to creatively manipulate the ingame world and spent more time half-assedly creating meshes and models. From there it was soon all about item collection rather than the game itself with events and contests going on year round. While the competition is certainly healthy for site activity the focus was drawn towards getting users to buy items, most of which cost real money. Not only that but there was no chance of users being able to submit such items.

Over the past three years or so large amounts of "gear" and "hats" have been released into the online avatar store and the value of any capital not added to an account via real world funds is greatly depreciated to the point of near worthlessness. This drove away much of the original userbase, such as Uberubert, one of the best coders on the site at the time, due to the team's priorities being upon milking money from the young and growing audience rather than ensuring that previously made LUA codes stay intact during an update.

Overall ROBLOX is somewhat in shambles but far from dying as they will likely continue to profit for as long as there exists a nine-year-old more interested in an "Epix Bloxxing Ninja Guitar of The Heavens" than he is of modeling, skinning and coding one himself, which is to say, indefinitely. It in itself is basically a great idea with a premise quite childish which was unfortunately pressed upon the wrong audience age group and left in the wrong hands. While I can dislike and protest their course of actions as much as I please there's no denial that they are now, and will for a good while shall continue to make money whilst there's no need to upgrade their forum system or code in a means of sophisticated ingame communication.

EpicJackman

Ace Attorney
Years
Don't get me started on ROBLOX. I've played 09-early 12 and the community is horrible, and the fact that Telamon (or Shedletsky) is a money grubbing- I'm not even going to say it. Then I did something with my life and played MineCraft which you only pay for ONCE, not every month or $200-$300? for life.

NatureKeeper

I played it for 5 seconds and there was so much interface and crap that I quit. Also, almost everything required premium. *cough*Habbo*cough*

I bought a lifetime Minecraft account for 20 Euros and I am content with it. And it is currently my most played game. Sure, Roblox sounds like good creativity, but at A FREAKING WII U'S PRICE (Lifetime Outrageous), no thanks.

Back