• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Orchid Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will there be music hacking involved?

Nope. I really don't know how to music hack to tell you the truth. I've heard that Fr/Lg has all the R/S songs in it so I'm hoping to run into them along the way.

the hack is very good but if you change some tiles and the mini it will be best
Like I said before, minor tileset changes are always needed, but I want to stay close to Firered's tilesets for now. Mini? You mean the overworld? I might change them more, we'll see.

Well, I just got up so, back to hacking!

I've made some progress on the Team Rocket event I have planned but I haven't got a reply to the question I posted in the Script Help thread. I can't do anything more today 'cause I'm going somewhere, but I did map Quadrant 1 of the Tropican Safari! I plan to map a forest used for later in the beta and an extra route I should've put in in the first place! Well, last day of school was today so now I can focus more on the hack. Ciao!

P.S. I love the banner. I've already sent you a PM about it Hiro Scout.

♠εx

Working on my hack, busy also.
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2008
Great maps, and good PC, though some of the lines are a bit wack. What program did you use to edit the text?

Great maps, and good PC, though some of the lines are a bit wack. What program did you use to edit the text?

ScriptEd of course!
-----
Anyway, I mapped the route coming up to Hailstone. I have some screenies of what I'd like to call Chilly Canyon:

ChillyCanyon3.png
ChillyCanyon2.png
ChillyCanyon1.png

It has some not-so-powerful-but-useful Ice types wild in there. I'd say it's pretty good!

Now about those events. I'm halfway through the first one in Tropican City. I haven't even mapped where the second one's gonna take place yet though. If I have time, I'll attempt to finish the first event, (Man! I hate scripting!) and then move on to map and try out the second event. After that, I beta test, patch up any glitches and we'll have a beta! Don't expect it too soon though. I have one more surprise I'd like to throw in before it goes public. Well, see ya!

♠εx

Working on my hack, busy also.
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2008
Good job with the tiles, though on the third screenshot the top of the ice(behind the rocks) is off. Good job though.

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
Years
  • Age 32
  • Utah
  • Seen Dec 31, 2016
Wow. That Snowy route has me convinced. Keep up the great work. ;)

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2012
the screenhots are very good and excuseme for say mini but i'm spanish

Thank you for all your comments guys!

the screenhots are very good and excuseme for say mini but i'm spanish
It's okay errero, I just got a little confused, that's all.
-----
Now, I've finished the Rocket Event in Tropican (even though it freezes and I'm waiting for help in the Script Request thread) and the first Gym is complete as well as all of Hailstone City. All I have to do is map a forest and do another event there and I'm done. Then of course the beta-testing and everything I mentioned earlier. After that, beta-time!

I'll try to update again today with screenies of the forest. It depends on how much I get done.

Well, I've finally mapped Whistlewind Woods and started the event there. I have some screenies for your viewing pleasure too! Umm... I'll go through the game after I rest a bit when I finish the Whistlewind Woods event. After that I'll fix glitches and stuff and hopefully we'll have a beta. Sometime this week should be good. Well, here they are:
Timber Town:
TimberTown3.png
TimberTown2.png
TimberTown1.png

Whistlewind Woods:
WhistlewindWoods1.png
WhistlewindWoods2.png

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
GREAT NAME.gREAT STORY.gREAT ICE TILES.

I told you before, don't do it again. You even posted in threads you posted again before not long ago. You're getting a warning for this, do it again and it will be another warning.

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
Years
One of the more promising hacks I've seen on these boards.
Your mapping is exceptional, and your story is well though-out.
As a fellow hacker, I wish you luck.

I was going to make you a little banner, but I found it to challenging to incorporate a Orchid into a banner.

Haha, maybe I'll try again another time.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back