• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Odyssey Episodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waudby

Well, hypothetically speaking, if Johto was in fact part of the game, then it would take place during the timeline of G/S/C. Which would allow the player to meet the characters of those games at certain points around the region, and building on their profiles as well. There may even be times when they may ask for your help with things.

Novus

The English Kiwi
Years
I see the game is coming along very nicely. I remember watching this ages ago at the Sphere forums.
Well anyway, good luck with this and can't wait to play it ^_^

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Great Job Waudby I really like that lab, it's nice to see this game back on track. (You might think I do but I don't have anything against this project, I was a fan actually.)

Waudby

Great Job Waudby I really like that lab, it's nice to see this game back on track. (You might think I do but I don't have anything against this project, I was a fan actually.)

When I saw that you had posted here, I was like "OH NO!" but thanks for the compliment. After trying to redo some of the old tiles I feel like i've picked your style up quite well.

And it means a lot to still get encouraging words from you.

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2010
I keep getting free bits of time atm, (mainly as I'm too injured to do a lot of the things I like doing...) so if you have a coding problem I am available quite a bit atm.

Waudby

I keep getting free bits of time atm, (mainly as I'm too injured to do a lot of the things I like doing...) so if you have a coding problem I am available quite a bit atm.

On a side note:

too injured?

On topic(ish):

Well at the moment, i'm okay for scripting, just trying to get everywhere mapped out and sorted first.

There is one thing I'd like help with however, for the text system (fairly basic I know :P) I've already got character by character text, but it's not very Pokémon-ish, how would I go about creating a system that held multiple lines of text that is scrolled through like the official system and doesn't begin showing the word and then deciding it needs to be on another line?

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2010
You can write your own word wrapping function, or you could look at:

font_object.wordWrapString(string, width)
- splits a string into an array of lines as if it were wrapped using
font_object.drawTextBox().

You could then recombine those lines into one string with a "/n" inserted between each one.

Atomic Reactor

I hope IF you add johto, you add more little secrets and such. :]

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
screenshot%202009.02.25%2014.29.23.0847.png

Just to prove I haven't been being lazy :P

I decided to do some more tile making and revamped the old FR/LG lab.
Looks good man.Making your own tiles is safer and just feels better. Looking forward to more!

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2016
I have checked all of the pages for the download link of pokemon odyssey. If you have not made a download link, please make one. I am hoping to download it if I can download it for VBA.

Atomic Reactor

theres no link.
this isn't a hack.
be patient for the download, and figure out what section you're in.

Waudby

I hope IF you add johto, you add more little secrets and such. :]

There will be more secrets added into the game then in previous official games, little roads on the routes that lead to new places and new caves etc.

Looks good man.Making your own tiles is safer and just feels better. Looking forward to more!

Yeah I agree, i'm glad that the past is now behind me and that I can continue this, plus I really improved my spriting skills from this whole ordeal which is good.

I have checked all of the pages for the download link of pokemon odyssey. If you have not made a download link, please make one. I am hoping to download it if I can download it for VBA.

There's no download link yet, only screen shots I'm afraid. But stay tuned as there will be a demo/episode released at some point.

great job on the lab man! did you do it?

Thanks a lot, yes the lab is done by me, it's based around the lab from fr/lg with a bit of difference added in to it.

Hopefully I'll get some more work done today and get to show off a few other maps too :D

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
Years

It is a game made with Sphere, a pc program ;)

Talking about that, will you include a download of Sphere in your link or will we have to find it ourself and download ? Or won't we need it ?

I like the new Lab, but the houses on the right and underneath it(Roof) don't seem to go together ?

Waudby

It is a game made with Sphere, a pc program ;)

Talking about that, will you include a download of Sphere in your link or will we have to find it ourself and download ? Or won't we need it ?

I like the new Lab, but the houses on the right and underneath it(Roof) don't seem to go together ?

The house can be changed, and most probably will be to better fit the town before release.

A version of Sphere will be packaged with the game so that anyone can play without worrying about downloading sphere separately.

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2010
If you do that (include a PC copy of sphere), will you want me to post a mac version for you?

Waudby

If you do that (include a PC copy of sphere), will you want me to post a mac version for you?

That would be really helpful, when I have a release done, i'll PM you, either on here or at Spherical and send you the game.

It may be a while away still though, I want the first release to be much more than just a walk around demo.

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
Years
Ahh a Portable version, nice :)

Depends how much info and stuff will be available in your 1st Episode, I think 4+ hours playable would be more than good enough for the 1st Episode ;)

All your choice tho, looking great so far :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back