• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Heat Of The Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
Title.png

Hello, and welcome to my thread. Today I present to you Pokémon: Heat Of The Sun.
This game is developed in RPG Maker XP and is not a hack, so please don't say things
like "That's a cool hack right there".

Plot:

In the region of Gaisa, small volcanoes have been appearing all over
the region. Locals says that there is a natural cause to this while
others deny the idea where Heatran is the one to blame. These
believers see Heatran's rage grow as more and more volcanoes appear.
The non-believers. They are just the ones to blame for the mess.

Story:

You and your friend return home from a long journey challenging gym
leaders accross the poké world. But things have changed. You find that
many people have retreated from their homes where an volcanoe
appeared within the centre of the town. Your options are quite simple.
Continue your quest on defeating all the gyms, find out the cause of
the destruction or both. These events take place 10 years after the
whole D/P/Pt series.

Characters:

You can either play as dawn or lucas although these characters will
change at one point of the development.
Your rival Barry(also going to change)

Gym leaders:

Under development, I will reveal the designs later on in the development.

Media:
Spoiler:

Features:

Dualscreen - Complete
New appearance to battle system - Half Complete
Few Fakemon(mainly new legends - Partialy Complete

Progress:
________%_
Mapping :15|
Scripting:41|
Spriting :35 |
Storyline:55|

None at this point.

Team:
Carmaniac - Everything.
Neo-spriteman - Spriter.
Credits:

Crazyninjaguy: Scripts
Poccil : Starter Kit
Kyledove : Tiles
Zadow : Support Bar

Closing Note:

I will be doing update for this thread every two weeks untill it is my
summer break. This is becuase I am current going through my exams
followed by work experience. Any one willing to help can do so as I will
give everybody a chance.

Support Bar:
97739165.png

Code:
[URL]http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/8911/97739165.png[/URL]

Last edited:
Years
Nice modification to my battle edit :D

Also the torn world screenie looks awesome ^_^
Surely if you and your friend have just returned from beating gym leaders, you'd have uber strong pokemon?

carmaniac

Years
Ha ha. Yeah that was a mistake on my part. The battle backgrounds don't go with the height of pokemon as I still need to change them. Same with the enemy bases where they are too small.

carmaniac

Years
This is actually my 3rd attempt at making a game only this time I actually have a skill in most places xD. Well right now I'm working on scripting the bag so there may be a small update tomorrow or sunday with the systems.

EDIT:

Tiny update:
Tried to sprite up the first gym leader although I decided to make his face covered up by his hair :P.
gymtest.png

Last edited:

Zadow

Pokemon Ebony Developer
Years
Oh yay you have a thread up! :cer_disbelief:
I like the look of the screens :cer_boogie: and the dual screen system too. for a first Kyle's tiles really fit the game, somebody didn't just pick up Kyle's tiles and say I've got a tileset, let's make a game because I've got no idea what I'm doing. Anyways...back on topic, you should let me know if you need some help and I'll see what I can do. :cer_nod:
And, your sprite looks a little funny, not as terrible as a lot I've seen, but not seeing his face is weird, and his legs look a little flat :cer_eek: Actually, I know! I'll go make you some banners because I'm wonderful like that :cer_giggle:

EDIT : Here you go :D
One for your fans
97739165.png

And one for your signiture if you like :)
88973403.png

Last edited:

carmaniac

Years
Thankyou Zadow for both the constructive critism, kind comment and banners. But yes, the gym leaders sprite was a little practice on how I do before I went on producing more sprites. Just don't want to make it so that I produce horrible sprites in game. :P And thankyou ever so much for the support banner, I always make ones that are quite bad.

Edit:

Well right now I'm working on the bag system and this is what I got so far.
I know that the graphic doesn't fit the system but I'm still working on getting the bag to run smoothly.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Kyza

MMORPG Game Developer
Years
Hello.
This looks very intresting... I would love to help out... I have helped out soe MMOs like MRO (monster ranch online)
I created the forums & Chat... I also helped create the blog.

So.. I was wondering if I can create a forum for this game & a chat... also a blog for free..

I just need a forum name.. just PM me the forum name and I can take it from there.

carmaniac

Years
Well guys, here's a small update for all of those that care to view :)
Today I show you the first fakemon of my game which yes, it does look bad as I am still practicing.
fake6.png

Secondly, here is the new badge for the first gym.
newbadge1.png

For now I will stick to these two designs untill I have increased the skills I have.
As for a system update, I have managed to get the bag working at 70% and may
be heading on to making the new menu layout and finally adding in the 'touch' effect.

carmaniac

Years
Ok. guys, been polishing up my tile spriting skills a bit and so far developing a new
tileset to give towns an idividual appearance through out the game.
Update.jpg

Zadow

Pokemon Ebony Developer
Years
It's looking good, palettes aren't terrible, and the shapes are good, of course I'm expecting you'll make some variation in that grass, at the moment it looks a bit funny all be exactly the same o.O
and there is something off about that path :S
But I do indeed like the houses ^.^
On your previous post the badge looks quite nice but the sprite of the bird doesn't look to pokemonish, i know you said you're working on your skills, just thought I'd let you know :)
I look forward to more updates.

carmaniac

Years
It's looking good, palettes aren't terrible, and the shapes are good, of course I'm expecting you'll make some variation in that grass, at the moment it looks a bit funny all be exactly the same o.O
and there is something off about that path :S
But I do indeed like the houses ^.^
On your previous post the badge looks quite nice but the sprite of the bird doesn't look to pokemonish, i know you said you're working on your skills, just thought I'd let you know :)
I look forward to more updates.

That's the critism I'm looking for :).
The houses are the best part of my tile spriting skills and yeah the path does look a bit odd, still trying to get a good pallet and pattern set down. Thanks for the comment of the badge, I'm hoping to get better at all areas of spriting but untill then, I will just keep at it.

Just a progress report:
I've started on inputting pokemon into my game and setting up their move sets.
Systems are being made one by one each week.

There will be a visual update around tuesday.

gsorby

Pokémon Spiritanium Creator
Years
Whoaho! This is good. Your actually making me jealous R. Oh god help! Lol! I can make the VS faces if you want. I'll make an entirely new one if you want. Again, this is impressive :P
See you back at school!
G

carmaniac

Years
Whoaho! This is good. Your actually making me jealous R. Oh god help! Lol! I can make the VS faces if you want. I'll make an entirely new one if you want. Again, this is impressive :P
See you back at school!
G

Ha ha, thanks man. Not gonna be glad when work finishes for the last time next week.
Well though I'd show a little progress on the spriting of tiles. Thanks to alucus_of_blorg for the tree's.
update1.jpg

Tell me what you think.

Neo-Spriteman

or goloog. that works too.
Years
  • Age 26
  • MD
  • Seen Jun 19, 2015
Hey, guys! I resprited the fakemon, and I must say, I did a good job. You may, under no circumstances, use this sprite for your games.
Carsbird.png

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
I felt the need to comment on your plot, my comments are in bold.

Plot:

In the region of Gaisa, small volcanoes have been appearing all over
the region. How small are these volcanoes? Are they horribly destructive or more of a nuisance? Locals says that there is a natural cause to this ...why wouldn't it be natural? Is there any reason for someone to create volcanoes?while
others deny the idea where Heatran is the one to blame. I don't even understand what you're saying here... are these the same locals who say that these volcanoes are natural, or what? And what reason would they have for blaming Heatran? These
believers see Heatran's rage grow as more and more volcanoes appear. ...is Heatran nearby? Can they observe his facial expressions? How would they know that Heatran was raging?
The non-believers. They are just the ones to blame for the mess.

Story:

You and your friend return home from a long journey challenging gym
leaders accross the poké world. ...so you're cutting part the bulk of the hero's journey? That's just... great? But things have changed. You find that
many people have retreated from their homes where an volcanoe
appeared within the centre of the town. What. The. Hell. I would think if a volcano appeared in the center of a town most people living in that town would be... err... dead. And I'm pretty sure the survivors would do more than 'retreat to their homes'. Your options are quite simple. ...run?
Continue your quest on defeating all the gyms, find out the cause of
the destruction or both. ...not a real thinker is our protagonist? These events take place 10 years after the
whole D/P/Pt series. That doesn't mean much of anything at all...

mr. ck

कुछ मीठा हो जाये
Years
Hmm the story is ok~ Better than most of the projects here though :D

But about your sprites, don't be a spriter if you're already not good at it... :O
Are you going to make a game or spend most of your time making your spriting skills better?
You're probably good at scripting and mapping etc... You can't do just about "everything" you know.
I wasn't trying to offend you in anyway, this is just my advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back