• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Game Lobby] Project PokéGrove

Poster

Will pixel art for pizza
Years
Project PokéGrove

IconsLandVistaElementsIconsDemo-PNG-48x48-InfoBox.png-48x48.png

| [alink id="Intro"]Introduction[/alink id] | [alink id="Over"]Overview[/alink id] | [alink id="Roles"]Game Roles[/alink id] | [alink id="GC"]Game Commencement[/alink id] | [alink id="Rules"]Rules[/alink id] |[alink id="gl"] Game List[/alink id] |

[a id]Intro[/a id]

Introduction

This forum game has its roots on a site called EpicMafia where the rules are more complicated but still, this fascinated many users and started travelling on certain forums as a normal forum game. PokéGrove is no different, however, it is Pokémon-themed and has some changes done by me, in order to match with PokéCommunity. Therefore, I claim that this is not an original game by me, but rather a modified, simplistic version with intense storyline that I wish to host here.

[a id]Over[/a id]

Overview

Project PokéGrove is a game based on intelligence, cunning and logic.

The game consists of several forum members who roleplay going with either the Townsfolk or the Rockets.

The Townspersons start up as the majority of the participants and they try to unmask the Rockets by jailing an individual per day, unable to unjail them. they have certain help along the way from the Gym Leaders and their pokémon. Unfortunately, each Townsperson is unaware of who everyone else is, and so everyone acts on their own and everything is possible. The victory condition is to keep jailing people until all Rockets are in prison.

The Rockets start up as the minority of the paricipants and they try to act like Townspeople as best as possible, in order to not be found. They also know who they are among the participants and they also gather every night to discuss whom to capture and take away, along with their partner pokémon. The victory condition is to keep using their pokémon abilities and capturing the townspeople until they hold the upper hand on them by eliminating all the assistors (Gym Leaders, Officer, Nurse).

Sometimes, neutral trainers interact with the rest of the players. They are also hidden as civilians but they have their own aims, helping either team win and under unique conditions win along with them.​
[a id]GC[/a id]

Game Commencement

This is how PPG games start, take place and finish, and what happens during each game phase.

• Signup
This is where members sign up for their participation in the game. To sign up, you must post in the lobby thread after a new game has been registered at the first post. Make sure to read the rules for the correct format of posting to sign up. Signup phase ends when there are enough participants signed up for the game.
However, people can still post to sign up after this phase is over, because their votes will count as replacements and so the whole process can be sped up.
  • Configuration
After Signup phase ends, a PM will be sent to all those who signed up from the game host, asking them to reply, so that they confirm. The reply must be made within 24 hours of send date. This process takes away afkers and replaces them, so that all participants can play. Should an individual not reply within the time limit, the game will go through Signup phase again until the afkers get replaced, then Configuration phase commences again.
  • Role Presentation
After all participants have configured their PMs, the game host moves on to distributing the roles that he/she decided to put into the game to the players. The game thread will be created and each role will have a number next to it. Each player will receive a PM with a number corresponding to a certain role, and once they have it and understand their role, they must reply with a VM or PM saying that they confirm the role.
  • Game Start
[a id]GC2[/a id]
After all roles have been confirmed, this is where the real game starts in the game thread and players start posting there. The game consists of four phases that are repeatable until victory for either the Townspeople or the Rockets.

• Morning
  • Afternoon
  • Evening
  • Night
Morning phase lasts 42 hours (normally). During that time, the players post on the game thread about their thoughts, their plans and they also do their votes on who to JAIL that specificc day. The Townspeople are trying to snitch out the Rockets while the Rockets act innocent and try to hide. Read the rules on the correct format to vote.

Afternoon phase is short (2 hours). During that time, the players can still discuss and vote but the player that is about to be JAILED is already decided by majority of the votes. Executing force-jail by majority of the votes can end the morning phase earlier, so that the day can end faster.

Evening phase is the 'time of the truth'. It lasts 2 hours and during that time players still discuss but not vote by then the dominant vote brings justice upon the one that had been voted the most, becomes JAILED, and removed from the game.

Night phase is where NIGHT MOVES take action from both sides. It lasts 24 hours and during that time no one must talk on the game thread, as everyone is considered to be 'asleep'. Still, every non-civilian player must PM the game host with their respective NIGHT MOVE and their target. The Rockets MUST somehow communicate in a way outside the game and lobby threads and decide who to CAPTURE every night. Then they must also send a PM to the game host including the capture target. If the capture targets don't match, then the first PM to arrive from a Rocket is valid. Results of NIGHT MOVES are shown the next day. When Night phase ends, the next day begins with the notification of the event results and the circle continues.

• Victory
When either side wins with their respective winning conditions the game ends and the winners' usernames are added to the Hall of Fame. The game thread is closed and a new Signup phase soon begins for the next game.
-If the Townspeople won, then the Rockets will try to infiltrate the same Town/City next time, with better forces.
-if the Rockets won, then that Town/City is considered fragged and they move on to a new one for the next time.

[a id]Roles[/a id]

Game Roles

If you do not fully understand how they work, have a look at how the [alink id="GC2"]game commences[/alink id] first.

• The Townspeople
    frlgemtr013.png
    frlgemtr065.png

Spoiler:
  • The Rockets
    frlgemtr109.png
    frlgemtr137.png

Spoiler:

• The Neutrals
    frlgemtr106.png
    frlgemtr124.png
    frlgemtr125.png
Spoiler:

Here are the conditions that roles receive throughout the game:

• JAILED - Caused by public vote. The player leaves the game and their identity is revealed to all, losing the right to post in the game thread.

• CAPTURED - Caused by the Rockets. The player leaves the game and their identity is revealed to all the following day, losing the right to post in the game thread.

• FAINTED - Caused by a Pokémon Move. The player leaves the game and their identity is revealed to all the following day, losing the right to post in the game thread.

• TAPPED - Caused by a Pokémon Move. The player is damaged and if they get TAPPED once more they are considered FAINTED.

• STATUS PROBLEM - Caused by a Pokémon Move. Effect varies upon the problem.
    • Poison - TAPS the one that is poisoned every time they submit a NIGHT MOVE (and that move is valid).
    • Burn - TAPS the one that is burned every time they submit a jail vote (and that vote is valid).
    • Paralyze - The one paralyzed cannot submit NIGHT MOVES during the following night.
    • Freeze - The one frozen cannot submit a vote during the following day.
    • Sleep - The one being fast asleep cannot post in the Game thread for the entire forllowing day (posting will result as rulebreaking)
    • Confusion - The NIGHT MOVE submitted by the one being confused backfires to them.
    • Curse - The one being cursed is FAINTED if they get TAPPED during any time after being cursed.

[a id]Rules[/a id]

Rules

Please make sure you read this section with caution, in order to avoid gamebreaking mistakes that will ruin the fun.

• Posting Rules
    • Always remember that this game is bound under the global PC rules and the PT rules.
    • Signing up must have this exact format (copy and paste it): JOIN!
    • This is the Lobby thread; You are allowed to post anything about the game in general; suggestions, questions, feedback, information. However, on the Game thread posting is strictly prohibited to participants only, and they must ONLY talk about strategy, hints and voting someone for JAIL.
    • Keep your role and NIGHT MOVES between yourself and the host. Unless it's claiming a role in public, revealing your role to others is a gamebreaking habit.
    • You may claim your role. Provided you come up with a believable plan/excuse/argument, you can claim a role in public on the game thread during daytime. However, it is not guaranteed that others will believe you.
    • Voting must only be executed with the following format: the name of the one you want to vote for jail in red (example: jail Poster). You can [alink id="fj"]force-vote[/alink id] someone by using their name on bold red (example: force-jail Poster). Remember that you can also choose to jail no one. You can null your vote by saying null or no one in red.
    • Do not hide your votes on spoilers or complicate your posts with a lot of tages and coloured text. Keeping it simple not only helps the game host to tally votes but you also make yourself more clear.
    • DO NOT POST in the game thread if you have been JAILED, CAPTURED or FAINTED. You can still talk here, on the lobby thread, but do not give game-throwing hints after your 'disqualification'.
[a id]fj[/a id]Force-vote pushes the day to end quicker, ending the Morning phase as long as half players have force-voted to jail someone.
  • Common Rules
    • Stay active everyday and don't go away from the forums for too long. If you usually do, then don't bother joining.
    • Be a good member and don't get yourself banned during a game from ANY kind of action outside this specific game (on the forums). Being banned instantly puts you on replacement.
    • Submit your NIGHT MOVES in time, because if you don't, you will be considered afk and the game host can replace you without a warning.
    • Do not exploit things that can make you win by cheating. Instead, inform the game host so that they can be prevented or improved in the future.
    • Do not overexhaust yourself. Keep it cool as it's always a game and don't be overreacting or becoming too sensitive about something.

• The Game Host judges all participants and if he/she sees someone violating any of the above rules, they will be punished with a varying action depending on the gravity of the situation. They can be from replaced after a warning to pernamentally banned from all PPG games.

• If you want to host a PPG game yourself, you need to contact the master host (that would be me), and we can talk and if I accept you, you can host one. This rule wil be valid after a game has suessfully reached Victory stage.

[a id]gl[/a id]

Game List

Game I
Started on Dec 23rd, 2010

Participation Post
Game Thread

Current phase: Game Start - Night 2 [locked]
Game II
Started on Jan 1st, 2011

Participation Post
Game Thread

Current phase: Configuration

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
JOIN!

Hopefully this goes better than the other Mafia based games that have tried to start up here in Trivia. :3

Poster

Will pixel art for pizza
Years
PPG Game I

Announcement:
I'm going to VM every participant from the previous registry to see if they're willing to participate again. You guys keep signing up and we'll see, some of you might end up as replacements.

Scenario: will be conducted in the Game Thread.

Roles: will be conducted in the Game Thread.
Townspeople: 8 (4 are not civilians, but hidden 'heroes') - Rockets: 2

Game phase

Signup
Configuration
Role Presentation

Game Start

Victory

Player Table

Participants: 10/10
Spherical Ice [4]
Ben. [5]
King! [2]
Zeffy [10]
Karpman [3]
dragonite149 [7]
649 [6]
BinaryPeaches [8]

Regeneration [9]
Sammyskitty [1]

Replacements: 1

Sora's Nobody
Participant status
Signed Up
Signed Up and pending configuration
Signed Up and configured
Configured and pending role confirmation
Ready

Reminder: use the correct format in order for your participation to be valid.

Last edited:
Years
I think you should change Brock's ability so that it affects another player and saves them from night moves.
The village's main strategy is always supposed to be teamwork, js.

Poster

Will pixel art for pizza
Years
I think you should change Brock's ability so that it affects another player and saves them from night moves.
The village's main strategy is always supposed to be teamwork, js.
Rejected.

There might be a future role for this, but this is not Brock's role. Brock is the 'tank'. The village's main strategy is always supposed to be winning, not teamwork. And since for winning we want as many non-townspeople characters available, we need someone that can't be targeted by the Rockets' Night actions, don't we?

I'm working for a way to make the first post clearer and more understandable.

Reminder:

The opening post, along with rules, roles, etc. will be constantly edited, so make sure you check often.

Years
Rejected.

There might be a future role for this, but this is not Brock's role. Brock is the 'tank'. The village's main strategy is always supposed to be winning, not teamwork. And since for winning we want as many non-townspeople characters available, we need someone that can't be targeted by the Rockets' Night actions, don't we?

I'm working for a way to make the first post clearer and more understandable.

Reminder:

The opening post, along with rules, roles, etc. will be constantly edited, so make sure you check often.

I see where your coming from, as Brock is caught in a bind.
If he claims then he gets instacaptured the following night, while officer Jenny can't properly investigate him and the nurse can't heal him. So this role would be best wielded by an expert.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I hope this starts soon. I've been itching to start a mafia game for ages now. xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
We still need one person? /wished she knew someone who would be willing to play a Mafia game. ;_;

Poster

Will pixel art for pizza
Years
Okay guys. So while we're waiting for the final 2 participants (they're two, actually), I'll have you claim a number from 1 to 10. That is because I have already assigned a role to each number and in this way, you won't be able to say 'you CHOSE that guy to be a Rocket' or so. Each one will receive the role assigned to the number. Of course, only I know which roles are assigned to the numbers.

Note: by claiming a number you also confirm your participation, changing your name state to confirmed.

The Lord of Smug
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
6, I guess? It is the first number of my name.

Hope this goes well!

dragonite149

I am not male
Years
Okay guys. So while we're waiting for the final 2 participants (they're two, actually), I'll have you claim a number from 1 to 10. That is because I have already assigned a role to each number and in this way, you won't be able to say 'you CHOSE that guy to be a Rocket' or so. Each one will receive the role assigned to the number. Of course, only I know which roles are assigned to the numbers.

Note: by claiming a number you also confirm your participation, changing your name state to confirmed.
I might as well get seven, then.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Looks like I'm already confirmed because I'm also like that, but eh, I'll claim eight? :3

King!

better
Years
JOIN!

Here I am. :D And I'm not sure if I should take a number or not... But if I do, then I'll take 2. :P

Poster

Will pixel art for pizza
Years
I might as well get seven, then.
Reserved~
Looks like I'm already confirmed because I'm also like that, but eh, I'll claim eight? :3
You are already confirmed because you're active enough ;D
Reserved~
JOIN!

Here I am. :D And I'm not sure if I should take a number or not... But if I do, then I'll take 2. :P
Yeah, you are able to. Added and reserved~

However, guys, Banjora won't be participatin', so we're back to 10/12 ;(\

EDIT: Okay, I'm going to lock it to 10 players (4-4-2 rockets). Everyone confirm by choosing a number please!

Last edited:
Back