• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Development: Uncatchable Pokemon

droomph

weeb
Years
I think I finally got it to work! Thanks JPAN! :) I'll credit you for the code in my hack's thread.

One last thing: Isn't there any way to include the poke ball thrown animation and the dodge animation as well? This does the trick, but shouldn't you be able to load the address that plays those animations as well?

Sorry to revive this thread, but I think that I *may* have "found" something.

I was screwing around one afternoon, and I was looking at the Clock Routine (Special 0x9D in Emerald, I believe), one that has actual pictures and animations and stuff, and I had found the address.

Then I looked at the actual code (in PKSV, because it's not like I was serious), and it was suspiciously short (only about ten or fifteen instructions), and most of them were the branch-with-link instructions or whatever you call them, to some addresses in the ROM straight into the six-digit adresses (around 0x700000) from the five-digits (around 0xB0000) where the specials are. I was also using the actual machine-code-to-assembly .pdf I found on the internets, and so I'm pretty sure it's branch to God knows where.

Just a thought.

Back