• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Throwing animation problem

nuzamaki90

Knight of The Volt
Years
I'v hit a slight bug when working with the Partner Trainer Battling.

In \Characters I tried changing Brendan's back sprite throwing animation to Hugh's back sprite throwing animation but whenever I end up testing the battle, it only shows the player character's backsprite throwing animation and the enemy trainers.

Here's a quick pic:
5l3x48.png

I tried testing the battle on Essentials V9 but the same problem comes up. Any solution to this?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Please describe what you actually did. Did you edit the existing back sprite graphic, or create a new one?

Maruno

Years
Then it should work. Make sure the graphics file is named correctly.

Maruno

Years
It is named that.

Does your partner trainer use the trainer type numbered 002, then? By default, this is POKEMONTRAINER_Brendan. If your answer is "yes", then I'm going to ask for screenshots which prove you're doing it right.

nuzamaki90

Knight of The Volt
Years
I see what I did wrong now.

I thought trback002 was just what the name of the image was supposed to be, I didn't know the 3 numbers had to match the trainerid numbers.

I renamed the graphic file trback153 and everything works fine now.

Back