• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Darkrai and Friends! FOR STATES HELP!

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
Here is my new deck I put together with some new cards I pulled/bought. Just picked up a 30cent Darkrai promo today at a local card shop!

POKEMON:
3x Darkrai Ex
3x Sableye
2x Mewtwo Ex
1x Terrakion Ex
1x Landorus Ex
2x Bouffalant

SUPPORTERS:
2x Skyla
4x N
3x Professor Juniper
1x Cilan

TRAINERS:
3x Hypnotoxic Laser
2x Virbank City
4x Dark Patch
3x Dark Claw
2x Pokemon Catcher (I only have one currently)
1x Escape Rope
1x Switch
2x Energy Switch
1x Crushing Hammer
1x Energy Search
1x Computer Search (ace spec)

ENERGY:
3x DCE
9x Dark
5x Fighting

My strategy is basically just always have something to do on my turn, constantly set up energy, poison, and attack. Im pretty sure there is some stuff I can take away and add. But that is why I am posting here for help! I played today with a different version (-3 N, -3 Prof. Juniper) and I did alright. Did just lose haha. PLEASE HELP! STATES IS A WEEK AWAY!

Bump for help!
States close! Need cards!

Last edited:

Haxorus3465

Turn Down For What
Years
This is actually a pretty neat deck. However, some cards aren't reliable, such as the single Crushing Hammer. Here are some edits I would make to this deck:

-1 Terrakion-EX
-1 Dark Claw
-1 Escape Rope
-1 Crushing Hammer

+2 Energy Switch
+1 Skyla
+1 Professor Juniper

I see you have a lack in Ultra Ball, but I don't know what you should take out. I'd advise putting in 3 to 4 Ultra ball if any.
Good Luck at States!

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
This is my revised list. I used it this weekend at a local league and against my gf and it did pretty good. I was able to collect energy and move them around quite well. Everything was going quite smoothly. It could have just been the draw I had but I really think my take on this deck could take me to at least top 16 at states.

POKEMON:
3x Darkrai Ex
3x Sableye
2x Mewtwo Ex
1x Terrakion Ex
1x Landorus Ex
1x Bouffalant

SUPPORTERS:
2x Skyla
4x N
4x Professor Juniper
1x Cilan

TRAINERS:
3x Hypnotoxic Laser
2x Virbank City
3x Dark Patch
2x Dark Claw
2x Pokemon Catcher (I only have one currently)
1x Escape Rope
3x Energy Switch
2x Crushing Hammer
2x Energy Search
1x Computer Search (ace spec)

ENERGY:
3x DCE
9x Dark
5x Fighting

I have no switch in because of Darkrai's ability which is any pokemon with a dark energy attached to it has free retreat. Which helps move Pokemon around the mat freely, even Mewtwo, Landorus, and Terrakion. But I was thinking of taking an energy switch out and adding a switch just in case I run into a Garbodor.

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
I just get the feeling I'm going to need that Escape Rope since I'm only running 2 Catchers :/ What you think? Do you think I should drop an Energy Switch for a regular Switch just in case I run into a Garbodor?

Years
Ah! Then yeah, that might not be a bad idea. That or Tool Scrapper.

Or both Tool Scrapper and Switch since Garbodor is pretty dependent on the Garbodor actually having a Tool attached to it. Maybe 1 Switch and 2 Tool Scrappers as well as 2 more Skyla, dropping 2 Energy Search and all 3 Energy Switch. Just food for thought. Alternatively drop the 2 Crushing Hammer instead of Energy Search or Energy Switch. Tool Scrapper and Skyla will save you against Garbodor, or at least buy you enough time to get something active that will 1-shot the Garbodor.

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
I got it. Drop an energy search since I have the Cilan, drop an energy switch, add in a Skyla and a tool scrapper.

So I can search for any card under the trainer section of my list right? Can I energy search for a DCE (I've always wondered that)?

Last edited:
Years
Skyla allows you to fetch any card that falls under the Trainer card-type umbrella (Supporters, Stadiums, Tools, etc).

However, Energy Search only allows you to search for Basic Energy, and as Double Colorless Energy is not a Basic Energy, you cannot search for it with Energy Search.

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
Oh I didn't know you can look for all that I thought it was just bare bones trainers. What can you Junk Hunt with Sableye for? Same?

I wish they would let you grab DCE with energy search or Cilan. So DCE just has to be luck of the draw?

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
Cool, so everything except Stadiums, Supporters, and Tools?
BTW, I got my other Catcher!! Just a 1 more dark claw and it is complete and ready for Saturday!

Back