• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Starter Pokémon

Pick a starter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
I don't have alot of understanding in breeding, so sorry if I miss the obvious.
But why not giving fennekin a 87.5% chance of being female, than she will stay rare-am I right?

When you breed two compatible Pokemon, the egg will contain the female's species. So, giving Fenekin a 87.5% chance of being female makes her more common then rare.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I think it should be 50/50 for the Kalos starters...besides we got Ditto anyways so it's not like it'll make the species any less rare. Only in RS was it really necessary to get a female starter to have more as Ditto wasn't available in those games (thankfully it was in the rest of the III generation).

KoolKat vs. Lucas

KoolKat Gold
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2013
Honestly, I'd be OK with Fennekin's final evo to be witch-like, but Psychic Type.

I wasn't all that excited when Braixen showed up, but now I'm getting more used to it. Anyway, It'd be cool to see Braixen's stick turn into a broomstick or a staff (like the fake one we saw a few days ago.)

Quilladin is just ugly in my opinion. It's too round. I'd prefer along the lines of a more Porcupine/Hedgehog look (LOL Sonic as a Pokemon....)

Frogadier is a good evolution, but it looks more like a 3rd evo to me. The 2nd evo should be more like a ninja Froakie, without the dark blue.

Also, which starters will be the easy, medium, and hard starters?
(Kanto- E-Bulbasaur M-Squirtle H-Charmander)
(Johto- E-Totodile M-Cyndaquil H-Chikorita)

Honestly, Froakie's probably going to be the easy one this time around, since Frogadier can learn Bounce and defeat Grass-types, and most likely he can learn a Ground-type move, and then boom, the weaknesses are gone. However, against the Gyms... IDK.
Water < Grass (Viola, since most Bug-types know Grass-types moves. Don't forget Bounce, though)
Water > Rock/Ground (Grant, this Gym will be WAY too easy for Water-types if he is Rock/Ground but it might be Fighting, not sure)
Water < Electric (Clemont, but Frogadier may end up knowing aGround-type move)
Water ??? (Korrina)

Fennekin looks like the middle this time around, just based off the Gyms we see right now.
Fire > Bug (Viola)
Fire < Rock/Ground (Grant)
Fire = Electric (Clemont)
Fire ??? (Korrina)

Years
  • Age 51
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
Froakie it is for me. And contrary to some people's opinions, I don't think it looks ugly at all. The previous water type starter Pokemon were high on the cute factor. But this time around the creators seemed to go with a more mature look for the water type starter. My first impression of the Pokemon was that it was an intellectual or had a grandfatherly-type personality. Or even both. I actually like that Nintendo decided to switch things up a bit and I'm very anxious to see how this Pokemon plays throughout the game. To those who are not inclined to go with Froakie because of its appearance I say this: remember the old adage that you cannot judge a book by its cover. Similarly you cannot judge a Pokemon by its appearance.

Roh

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 7, 2014
To those who are not inclined to go with Froakie because of its appearance I say this: remember the old adage that you cannot judge a book by its cover. Similarly you cannot judge a Pokemon by its appearance.

I can vouch for this when I first played RSE (before I got serious), and I caught a shroomish because I thought it was adorable. When it evolved I thought it was hideous, but it took out Roxanne's stupid ugly Nosepass in one low kick hit (contrary to not judging by looks, I wanted to punch Nosepass in it's ugly orange nose when I couldn't beat it. [Again, this was before I even knew how to play properly {I was terrible}]).

Now I can't care about looks; I'm too busy looking up learned moves and stats to help me decide.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
On the contrary, looks and design origin are all that matter for me, power means nothing!

Anywhozers, I really want Braixen to continue its witch theme, and I'm kind of hoping for a secondary Ghost Type but I know that's not likely. I think Dark, Fairy, or Psychic is more probable. Quilladin, I'm hoping for a defensive tank... with spikes >8D I'm actually hoping for it to be Rock or Pure typed. Frogadier is almost certainly going to become a Fighting Type.

Years
I am very much on the fence about this. I really need to see the final evolutions before I can make any kind of decision... Though right now it's either Fennekin or Chespin.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
I've decided to keep with colors, koff~

Froakie for Pokemon X Version and Fennekin for Pokemon Y Version. What's more is that I can upload Pokemon to the Pokemon bank, so we can keep all of our trained Pocket Monsters, koffi~

Years
Froakie it is for me. And contrary to some people's opinions, I don't think it looks ugly at all. The previous water type starter Pokemon were high on the cute factor. But this time around the creators seemed to go with a more mature look for the water type starter. My first impression of the Pokemon was that it was an intellectual or had a grandfatherly-type personality. Or even both. I actually like that Nintendo decided to switch things up a bit and I'm very anxious to see how this Pokemon plays throughout the game. To those who are not inclined to go with Froakie because of its appearance I say this: remember the old adage that you cannot judge a book by its cover. Similarly you cannot judge a Pokemon by its appearance.

Froakie is my favorite kalos starter for now, and I'm a guy that stats, movepool and etc. means nothing to him(in all my years playing pokemon I barely used any psuedo legendary and alot of times used weak pokemon like masquerain and pinsir just because I like them).

So weither or not Froakie will be strong it doesn't matter to me.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
I sincerely hope that Frogadier is dark type.
I think Quilladin will be rock or steel and will have to do with a knight.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Back when this was announced, I liked Froakie, but I think Quilladin is adorable. I'm shallow, so cutest final will probably win out in the end. If none of the finals are at least charming, (or even cool, but "chill cool", not "hardcore cool") then next in line is most sensible. I'm not really playing to battle anyway, so it doesn't really matter in the end.

Years
I think I'm going to go with Chespin. I've never really bothered with grass type Pokemon but this one looks quite cute. And it's something I've contemplated for a few days.

Years
If Chesnaught and Greninja are the real evolutions of chespin and frokie ima have trouble deciding between the two. I might do Greninja for Y and Chesnaught for X.

Here are the final evolutions in case you want to take an gander at them O_O

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
RWuEg6R.png

This was apparently a legit poll someone took. This is exactly what I expect to happen. Fennekin pulled a Snivy this Generation XD

I know it isn't everyone's opinion, its still funny.

Years
So far Delphox is the only one I'd be ok with using.. but seeing as I'll be using Charizard I'm gonna be boxing the starters this gen.. Sad really, but I really dislike Greninja and Chestnaught. Sigh.

Years
Spoiler:

This was apparently a legit poll someone took. This is exactly what I expect to happen. Fennekin pulled a Snivy this Generation XD

I know it isn't everyone's opinion, its still funny.

Yeah, I had a feeling it that was going to be the case. Along with Chespin pulling an Oshawott on us.

Also, something I noticed was that we had each different stage had the least fave starter be one of each main starter type according to posts I saw not only by people on forums but also blog sites like Tumblr:

For the base forms of the Kalos starters, the most popular was Fennekin, followed by Chespin, leaving Froakie as least popular. Many thought Froakie was ugly at the time and were hoping he'd look cooler when he evolves, which appeared to be true.

This changed for Chespin when the middle stages came out: Frogadier ended up the most liked, with Braixen close behind, and poor Quilladin getting least liked presumably because it was a "derp". At least it changed most people's views towards Froakie.

And the final stages, again Water won here with Greninja looking like the real fave at this stage, Chesnaught being second fave, and wow Delphox being least popular. Second generation in a row where the Fire starter turned out to have the least fave final evo among the general fanbase I've been witnessing.

I'm imagining Team Fennekin's going to lose a lot of fans because most of the fanbase appeared to be disappointed in Delphox.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Yeah, I had a feeling it that was going to be the case. Along with Chespin pulling an Oshawott on us.

Also, something I noticed was that we had each different stage had the least fave starter be one of each main starter type according to posts I saw not only by people on forums but also blog sites like Tumblr:

For the base forms of the Kalos starters, the most popular was Fennekin, followed by Chespin, leaving Froakie as least popular. Many thought Froakie was ugly at the time and were hoping he'd looked better when he evolves, which appeared to be true.

This changed for Chespin when the middle stages came out: Frogadier ended up the most liked, with Braixen close behind, and poor Quilladin getting least liked presumably because it was a "derp". At least it changed most people's views towards Froakie.

And the final stages, again Water won here with Greninja looking like the real fave at this stage, Chesnaught being second fave, and wow Delphox being least popular. Second generation in a row where the Fire starter turned out to have the least fave final evo among the general fanbase I've been witnessing.

I'm imagining Team Fennekin's going to lose a lot of fans because most of the fanbase appeared to be disappointed in Delphox.

Actually froakie pulled the Oshawott. going from most unfave'd starter to most fave'd Starter when the finals were revealed. fennekin went most popular to least popular.

Years
Actually froakie pulled the Oshawott. going from most unfave'd starter to most fave'd Starter when the finals were revealed. fennekin went most popular to least popular.

Yeah, and funnily enough both were the Water-types of their respective trio. Very sad for what happened to Fennekin's fanbase though, I don't think Delphox is as ugly as Emboar, the one starter that many claimed to be the worst of all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back