• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my wifi team

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2011
I came up with a team for competetive battling. NOTE THIS IS 4TH GEN.
This team is kind of based of Ninjask.
Ninjask
Ability: Speed Boost
Nature: Jolly
Item: Leftovers
Ev Spread: 252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 6 HP
1. X-Scissor
2. Substitute
3. Swords Dance
4. Baton Pass
Typical Ninjask. The point is to substitute and get some stat boosts and switch into another pokemon. Don't know if I should invest more in HP or Attack.

Lucario
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Modest
Item: Expert Belt
Ev Spread: 252 Sp. Attack/ 252 Speed/ 6 HP
1. Aura Sphere
2. Dragon Pulse
3. Dark Pulse
4. Flash Cannon/ Hidden Power
This is a sweeper. He has an expert belt because of his variety of moves. Flash Cannon doesn't have much type coverage so I'm thinking about replacing it.

Flygon
Ability: Levitate
Item: White Herb
1. Fire Blast
2. Draco Meteor
3. Earth Power
4. ???
I wanted to try a Special moveset with Flygon. I felt like being different. Salamence has higher Sp attack but everyone complains how he is now banned. Dragonite is in every single team I always fight. Like I said, I felt like having something different. The white herb is so that I can use Draco Meteor without lowering my stats. I need help with the last move.

Torterra
Ability: Overgrow
Nature: Adamant
Item: Persim Berry
Ev Spread: 252 Attack/ 252 Defense/ 6 Speed
1. Seed Bomb
2. Super Power/ Stone Edge
3. Outrage
4. Earthquake
This is used for revenge kills. I've used him with the Super Power set and he works quite well against dragons. They usually don't see the outrage coming. When coming in with Ninjask's Baton pass he has amazing speed and attack. Don't know if I should replace Super Power with Stone Edge.

Donphan
Ability: Sturdy
Ev Spread: 252 HP/ 252 Defense/ 6 Speed
1. Earthquake
2. Ice Shard
3. Stealth Rock
4. Rapid Spin/ Stone Edge
Physical wall and late stealth rock setter. I will usually use him after a baton pass from Ninjask. Still iffy about the Rapid Spin VS. Stone Edge.

Blaziken
Ability: Blaze
Item: Shell Bell
Ev Spread: 252 HP/ 252 Attack/ 6 Speed
1. Brave Bird
2. Flare Blitz
3. Super Power
4. Earthquake/Stone Edge/ Thunder Punch
My recoil Blaziken. He works surprisingly well alone, and after a Baton pass with Ninjask he completely dominates. Can't really decide on the last move though.

I know this team has many many flaws and that's why I'd appreciate some helpful advice from you guys.

I'm thinking of replacing Flygon. He works well but I don't want three pokemon weak to ice on my team. I really need a water type.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 30, 2011
Blaziken owns, i would probably go for earthquake out of the three moves you have suggested for the last slot though. Looks like a solid team.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
Just a few nitpicks here and there.

I suggest changing your Lucario to the SD version, as without a boosting move for his special attack, it's almost required to run Specs on him if you want him as a special attacker. Since you have Ninjask running SD Baton Pass, you have the option of running the SD Lucario set without actually having SD on him, freeing up a slot for another coverage move. My suggestion for his set should look something like this:

Lucario@Life Orb
Jolly Nature [+Spe; -SpA]
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Close Combat
- Extremespeed
- Crunch
- Stone Edge

This set offers optimal coverage and takes advantage of your Ninjask's baton passing abilities.

Also, running special attacks on Flygon are not recommended, due to his mediocre at best 80 base special attack. However, you seem set on running a special set, so here's his best possible set that includes special attacks (it's mixed to an extent to make use of his Ground-type STAB):

Flygon@Life Orb
Naive Nature [+Spe; -SpD] or Rash Nature [+SpA; -SpD]
EVs: 80 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Roost / U-Turn

It's a mixed set because missing out on a good STAB Ground-type move is a terrible idea when using Flygon. It should work fairly well though. I suggest running Roost to heal off LO recoil.

One last thing, consider replacing Blaziken with Infernape, as Blaziken is inferior in every way.

I may be back with more rates once I get the time. :]

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Flygon
Item: White Herb
1. Fire Blast
2. Draco Meteor
3. Earth Power
4. ???
I wanted to try a Special moveset with Flygon. I felt like being different. Salamence has higher Sp attack but everyone complains how he is now banned. Dragonite is in every single team I always fight. Like I said, I felt like having something different. The white herb is so that I can use Draco Meteor without lowering my stats. I need help with the last move.

Flygon would dramatically benefit from Roost. Or you could even try Hidden Power [Ice] if you insist on running a Special Sweeper.

Otherwise, listen to Aero.

Also, it's generally understood that you only need 508 EVs.

Torterra
Item: Persim Berry
Ev Spread: 252 Attack/ 252 Defense/ 6 Speed
1. Seed Bomb
2. Super Power/ Stone Edge
3. Outrage
4. Earthquake
This is used for revenge kills. I've used him with the Super Power set and he works quite well against dragons. They usually don't see the outrage coming. When coming in with Ninjask's Baton pass he has amazing speed and attack. Don't know if I should replace Super Power with Stone Edge.

If you are determined to run Torterra as is, than maybe try using Choice Band and putting all EVs into Attack and Speed. Changes in bold:

Item: Choice Band
Ev Spread: 252 Attack/ 252 Speed / 4 HP

However, the main problem with Torterra is it's typing. It just has so many weaknesses. Maybe try:

Torterra
Nature: Impish
Ev Spread: 252 HP/ 148 Attack / 108 Defense
1. Synthesis
2. Stone Edge
3. Wood Hammer

4. Earthquake
This way, Torterra has a good STAB with Wood Hammer and it's bulkier with Synthesis (+ Leftovers). With so many weaknesses, Torterra will really benefit from more Defense.

Donphan
Ev Spread: 252 HP/ 252 Defense/ 6 Speed
1. Earthquake
2. Ice Shard
3. Stealth Rock
4. Rapid Spin/ Stone Edge

Here's my suggestion..

Donphan
Nature: Impish
Ev Spread: 252 HP/ 172 Attack / 84 Defense
1. Earthquake
2. Ice Shard / Stone Edge
3. Stealth Rock
4. Rapid Spin

I like the Ice Shard! That's going to give you good variety. Definitely a unique approach. Stone Edge, although less unique, is much stronger than Ice Shard and will do more damage to Gyarados. Also, it'll hit Ghost types with Levitate harder. Keep, keep, keep Rapid Spin. Especially because you're using SR, you know how much it'll work in your favor to keep Rapid Spin.

That being said, your extra EVs in Speed are certainly nothing to surrender with ease. Having ammunition against Swampert, in terms of Speed, is good. It just depends on how you want to play Donphan.

Oh, and try using Leftovers instead of the Shell Bell on Blaziken.

Otherwise, good team dynamic. Best of luck!

Years
  • Seen Jan 31, 2015
I would recommend making your Lucario a physical sweeper. Try using this set:

Lucario @ Life Orb / Expert Belt
Nature: Adamant / Jolly (This is up to you)
EV Spread: 252Atk / 4SpDef / 252Spe

Swords Dance
Close Combat
Extremespeed
Crunch

A Sword Dance Lucario can rip an entire team to shreds. Especially with STAB Close Combat. Extremespeed can hurt anything that doesn't resist it after a few Swords Dance and the best part is it will always strike first. Crunch is there for coverage. You may want to opt for Stone Edge or even Earthquake to help cover Lucario's weaknesses (Flying and Fire respectively) instead of Crunch, but I'd go for Crunch. If you really wanted you could have an Expert Belt as a held item, but I would recommend Life Orb since Lucario has a mediocre base Def and SpDef stat anyway which means he won't last long.

Everything else looks good to me.

Last edited:

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
I would recommend making your Lucario a physical sweeper. Try using this set:

That's the same set I suggested. xD Except I removed Swords Dance as he can easily receive one from Ninjask. It frees up a slot for him to fill it with another coverage move.

Years
  • Seen Jan 31, 2015
That's the same set I suggested. xD Except I removed Swords Dance as he can easily receive one from Ninjask. It frees up a slot for him to fill it with another coverage move.

Yes. That's true. But what if Ninjask faints? Lucario will have no Swords Dance available to him after that. xD. Still I get what you're saying. It would free up a space for Stone Edge or EQ.

BTW, if you want to use Lucario as a special sweeper then use this set:

Lucario @ Choice Specs
Nature: Modest / Timid (Again, up to you)
EV Spread: 252SpAtk / 4SpDef / 252Spe

Aura Sphere
Shadow Ball
Dragon Pulse
Hidden Power Rock

Aura Sphere for STAB. Shadow Ball, Dragon Pulse and HP Rock for coverage. Choice Spec Lucario, imo is the best choice for a special sweeping Lucario.

I wouldn't recommend Flygon being a Special Sweeper. His special attack stat is noticeably lower than his attack stat. Below are two sets; one for a physical sweeper and the other is for the special sweeper.

Physical Sweeper:

Flygon @ Life Orb
Nature: Jolly / Adamant (I would personally choose Jolly)
EV Spread: 252Atk / 4SpDef / 252Spe

Earthquake
Roost
Dragon Claw
Fire Blast / Stone Edge (I would choose Fire Blast to help deal with Skarmory)

The ability to switch in on attacks makes Flygon a more potent sweeper. If you opt to use Fire Blast you can move the SpDef EVs into SpAtk. Otherwise stick with 4SpDef EVs. Stone Edge gives you leverage against Gyarados who is common in OU.

Special Sweeper:

Flygon @ Life Orb
Nature: Rash / Naive (Personal Preference)
EV Spread: 80Atk / 252SpAtk / 176Spe

Draco Meteor
Earthquake / Earth Power (is it even possible? If so Atk EVs not needed: put them into hp or something)
Fire Blast
Roost

Draco Meteor offers STAB. If Earth Power is possible use that. Fire Blast for Skarm. Roost is needed as you want Flygon out for a while for effective sweeping.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2011
Flygon @ Life Orb
Nature: Rash / Naive (Personal Preference)
EV Spread: 80Atk / 252SpAtk / 176Spe

Draco Meteor
Earthquake / Earth Power (is it even possible? If so Atk EVs not needed: put them into hp or something)
Fire Blast
Roost
is needed as you want Flygon out for a while for effective sweeping.

Yes it is possible but a platinum move tutor teaches it. And I went with the SD Lucario and switched Flygon with Swampert.

Back