• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Development: pokemon game should altered Technique Points rather than Power Points

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
I been digging some information about this part of game mechanics. As far as i can find is Technique Points a part of early concept of pokemon game, As shown in several Capsule Monsters sketches, Pokémon were originally planned to have a stat called TP, presumably short for Technique Points, with each move requiring a certain amount of TP to use. Of course this is more reasonable than PP. For Instance, an Azumarill which already used several times of it's Hydro Pump move(assuming Hydro Pump move require a lot of TP to preform it) should no longer able to perform any moves later due to it's depleted TP. Apart from that, the usage of Ether will be more reasonable and the game itself will become more dynamic if this game mechanism is implement.

(Pardon me for my bad english and hope you get what i'm trying to state here)

dd409

For the Swarm!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 4, 2013
So basically instead of having a limited number of uses for individual moves, this system would have some sort of mana equivalent and each move would deduct a certain number of TP from the poke's overall pool.

While that is an interesting idea mod-wise, I wouldn't be a huge fan of using it in any hacks of my own. The mana system has been done in almost every other rpg out there. Coding wise, you'd need to add in another HP-like stat for every pokemon, have some way to visually represent the TP pool, add support for EVs and IVs in this stat, change each move to have a TP requirement... not impossible, but a whole mess of work to do.

Back