• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you do with your shinies?

fireflystorm

shsl loser
Years
I found myself wondering, what do other people do with their shiny Pokemon? To be honest, since most of the time they're low level and don't have great stats, I almost never use them. But I always feel bad just keeping a bunch of really cool Pokemon in a box, so I normally trade them out for things I want, or can use, or need to fill out my Pokedex. Otherwise, they'd just sit around and do nothing in my PC boxes, and while it's fun to brag about, I prefer to give them to people who really want them and might use them.

So, what do you guys do with your shiny Pokemon? Battle competitively? Use to barter in trades? Something else?

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
So far I only found 1 shiny in B2 - female Mienfoo, and I had to box her right away [she didn't fit in with the team I had]. Next day I bought a new White 2 [to play a Weasel Pokemon challenge]. I transfer her over to that game but had to wait a while [she was at level 39] to use her. Today she is a level 100 Mienshao.

My only shiny I used in another team.

HUF_DBC

I like to use my shinies for trading for things that I couldnt normally get like legendaries.

Hooh

Only if for a night.
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
I put them in my box of sparklies.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I keep most of my shinies in PC. Y'know, just for collection purposes. Don't use any of them when it comes to battling, as they've got natures that don't necessarily fit them. They also have gibberish moves in their moveset. I know I could train them and make them better, but I just don't bother to. The shiny Pokémon I've ever used in a battle was Garchomp. It was able to defeat one of my opponent's Pokémon, but was then taken down with a single Ice Beam quite instantly. I haven't traded, because, well, I find them to be pretty special. If someone wanted a shiny from me, then they'd have to give another shiny in-return. Haha. It mustn't be hacked, though; it's gotta be legitimate. If it is hacked, I won't be accepting it. d:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I have two shinies in my awesome box in white, so those and my subsequent shinies are kept in a box inside my PC because I am afraid of losing them D:

Sevynn

Red like roses ♥
Years
I keep mine in a PC Box called Shinies. I'd love to use them but they're super squishy (the ones I found at least.) Hoping to use the shinies I breed using MM though.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I stuff them and sell them to the Pokemon Museum. I keep them in a box separate from the rest of my ordinary Pokemon. If it's a Pokemon that is usable, I'll use it in my team if possible.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
I keep then in a game of the current generation. They're currently in White 2 and as soon as Pokemon Bank comes out, I'm going to transfer them all to Y version. I was originally going to keep ones I caught prior to gen 5 in my HeartGold game so I can see them follow me around, but now I'd rather see them in 3D in Gen 6.

Years
The only shiny Pokemon I've used is the Red Gyarados. I've used them in Gold, Silver and Crystal.

Other then that I have a level 3 shiny Pidgey which I caught after 150 hours of playing FireRed. Someday I might use it and evolve it to a Pidgeot but right now it's in the PC.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
If it's usable, I use it. If it isn't...I don't. Same as any Pokemon I guess.

Breeding for shinies is the best method if you would like to have one on your team though. You can control basically everything.

Beyond Infinity

Couldn't Outfox a Donkey
Years
In Pearl I traded my way to about 6 shinies. One was already EV trained, and one was level 100, so my plan was to EV train the others, get them to 50 and trade them for even more. I never did.

Might EV train my current crop though, since it's easier to.

Years
I box them, or trade them unless they have good Ivs.

This. Although if I run across one I really like, I might use it even if its stats aren't ideal. Like if I ever found a shiny Houndour, there wouldn't be a doubt in my mind that it would be in my party. :P

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
In the older games (Pearl and White), I had all of my shinies in a box. I used to be big into trading, so I would normally clone them and trade them with other trainers. That's really about all I would do with them. They were nice to look at. :p

Years
I put them into a box specifically for shinies! Most of the time I won't use them unless they're a shiny I was specifically after, but they're really fun to collect. :3

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Like many people, it seems, I stick them in a box where they can whither away for eternity! MWUHAHAA! Their shinyness does nothing to reflect the dark void of neglect!

*Aghem*, uh, yeah, I put them in a box. I haven't caught any shinies that were Pokémon I'd use on my team. Just keep them in box so that I remember I've actually caught the things.

Back