• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Everyone: I just finished purging the RP of innactive members. Sadly there was quite a handful. On the bright side, that means we now have room for new blood to join in. In other news, I'd like to ask how everyone is feeling about the roleplay at the moment. Ideally, you shouldn't have to feel like I need to ask you for you to bring up your concerns, but since nobody is bringing any up I thought I'd ask. As a member, you're going to be my primary feedback and your voice has the most power of anybody short of Megaman765's, the other GM in terms of getting something to change.

In other news, the RPAs have started. I'd like to encourage all of you to head on over and cast your votes, and remember: A vote basically doesn't count unless it's accompanied by a legit reason for why you voted for that particular person/RP.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
If anyone has a free character, my character Rosalyn is starting to make her way towards the mountains she's stopped to train her Pokemon at the moment.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Hey, I would like to join. :) What's going on now in the story? I'm new to this whole roleplaying thing, so some sort of head start would be great. Also, what kind of character can I be, if there are restrictions?

Last edited:

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
@Genevieve: My Drake is free. He's training a couple of his dragons if you wanted to go see him.

@Synerjee: Well, then let me be the first to say welcome to Roleplaying! The GMs here are PKMNTrainerYellow and Megaman765. What you need to do is check the first post, it'll be the REALLY long one to see which spots are open. From there pick a spot. Then you fill out a Sign Up form, or SU and post it for them to review. There are... Probably open spots in every dorm, but I haven't checked recently. As far as characters, use you imagination. I have a boy that talks to pokemon, a girl that believes she met Lugia, and a man that could give Lance a run for his money if he was at the top of his game, just make sure that it's plausible, and very detailed, and you should have no problems. If you need help, then the GMs or some of the other RPers would most likely be willing to give you a hand.

@Yellow: No worries right now. Just getting back into the groove of things. Gosh, I've been away a long time, I'm a little rusty. lol

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
No complaints from me Yellow. Really getting into the swing of Nika's development, which is great.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Hey, since I can't use Etherpad (Tried this morning, lags too bad.) and because Kiki is about to capure a starly, making it too much for my Sig, I decided to just edit my first post in the OOC thread to include my teams. That's where they are until firther notice, ok?

Synerjee

Years
Name (First, Middle-optional and Last): Yukiko

Nickname (Optional): Yuki

Age (10-15): 14

Sex (Male or Female): Female

Dorm (Raikou Dorm, Entei Dorm or Suicune Dorm): Suicune Dorm

Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you so wish):
Yukiko is a girl of lean build that is rather tall for her age. She has a pale complexion with light blue eyes and hair almost as white as snow, thus her nickname, Yuki, which means 'snow' in Japanese. She usually wears just a simple shirt, usually dark-coloured that contrasts with her features, and three-quarter pants. Occasionally, she wears a simple dress if it is required at places such as parties or formal events. Over that shirt usually lies a hoodie with a colour that matches her mood. She almost always has the hood of her hoodie pulled up over her head, as people tend to stare at her pale features and her snow-white hair. Around her neck is a necklace with a simple pendant in the shape of a snowflake with snowflake earrings to match. She wears red converse-like shoes with white ankle socks.

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?): 5 lines minimum
Yukiko is a quiet and down-to-earth girl in nature. She rarely speaks, and in those rare times that she does, her voice is soft, but as clear as a bell. She smiles often, but rarely laughs. When first meeting her, most people's first impression or her is that she is cold, cold as snow. But despite her outward appearance, her heart is warm and desires the friendship of people around her. She is of a rather stable mental state. She is also rather insecure, particularly about her looks, and she shows this by the almost constant hood of her hoodie pulled up over her head. When she gets angry, she does not shout. Rather, her soft voice becomes steely and her emotion is also reflected through her eyes. She does not have many close friends, but the ones she has are very loyal to her and protect her as needed. While meeting new people, she tends to be shy, but also tries her best to converse with them.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events? What brought them to the academy?): 10 lines minimum
Yukiko grew up in Snowpoint City, Sinnoh with her mother, father and her younger brother. Her family is of quite high stature and is known rather well by the people around them. Her father is the boss of a successful furniture-selling company while her mother stays at home as a housewife and looks after her brother. Before joining the academy, Yukiko has been helping to look after her younger brother at home. She rarely leaves her house, but she she does, she often goes out to Lake Acuity near her house for some training with her Pokemon and to be away from the staring eyes of the people around her. She has always wanted to know more about Pokemon and the bonds that tie Pokemon and trainer together. So one day, she firmly made up her mind to sign up at the academy, fully aware that she will be stepping out of her comfort zone, prone to the staring eyes of the world.

Pokémon (Maximum of 3. No legendaries, 'shiny' or stage 3 pokémon. Oddly colored but not specifically 'shiny' pokemon are allowed, however.):
Species: Cyndaquil
Nickname(Optional): Amber
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague): Amber has been with her trainer ever since she hatched from an egg Yukiko found near Lake Acuity. She is quiet, similar to her trainer, and willingly provides comfort to Yukiko when she is upset and warmth when she is cold. She is very close and affectionate to Yukiko. Despite her quiet nature, she flares up if anyone tries to provoke her trainer. Sometimes, a rare occurrance happens where Amber's flame turns temporarily blue and her fire attacks become more than twice their usual power. It is not known why this happens.
Lvl(Max 25): 14
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): Flamethrower, Quick Attack, Aerial Ace, Dig, Will-O-Wisp, Wild Charge.

Last edited:

Crystallized

Always here. Always there.
Years
@Yellow: I have to say that I'm loving this Rp at the moment ^^ I'm having a lot of fun and no complaints from me either.

Batel

A nothing.
Years
Oh, new places opened up. Time to make a claim on a place! I'm going to start working on an SU right away! ^_^

Arkyron

One Very Cracked Egg
Years
  • Age 33
  • IL
  • Seen Nov 30, 2014
Sweet! Thanks Yellow!

Also, heads up- I'm going out of town this weekend, but will be back Sunday. I don't know if I'll have internet there or not, but I can get back to you on that when I get there. My fiance and I are driving up north a bit to see my dad. :)

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
@Nideous: that sounds great :) just tell me were he is and I'll have Rosalyn run into him in my next post

Dawn

Years
Classier spam everyday. :U

@synerjee: Your SU looks good for the most part, but we feel like the history is lacking content. That is to say, that you should write more. How did she encuonter her first pokemon? Maybe you could tell us more about what her life was like back at Snowpoint? How did she handle the extreme temperatures? Did she have any other reasons for deciding to come to the academy?

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Sign-Up: MYSELF

I must say, it is incredibly hard to describe myself as an RP Character, but here it is.

Tyler Smith
WolfOfEve in REAL LIFE

Cyndaquil.gif

Name: Tyler Layne Smith
Nickname: Ty, sometimes referred to by his Pen Name, Zerin Silver
Sex: Male

Job: "Bonding with Pokémon" (Also a Pokémon Groomer)

Appearance: Tyler wears a combination of soft black and slate blue with all of his clothing. This includes sleeveless shirts, loose and comfortable cargo shorts (secured by a belt), a headband, fingerless gloves, and low-top sneakers. He has fair (and maybe a bit pale) skin, dirty blonde hair, and heterochromic eyes. His left eye is a somewhat deep blue, with a light brown splotch in it, while his right eye is a lighter, steel-blue color. He also wears a high-tech PokéGear Widescreen Watch (colored to his liking). He occasionally wears a black fedora as well.

Personality: Tyler is a mild-mannered young adult, who often spends time thinking about right and wrong. He follows his own morals in an attempt to be as great of a person as he can be, but ultimately falls flat to his own faults. He has the astounding ability to change himself if he sees the need to. He takes negative feedback and turns it into a goal to accomplish. Though, no matter how hard he tries, he can't change some things. Some conditions can put him under stress, sometimes even annoy or upset him. He has occasional depression attacks and suffers from ADD from time to time. Otherwise, despite being a loner and often ending up alone, he loves to interact with others, and help anyone who requests it. He has a wide sense of humor, and enjoys joking around. While at times he may seem very mature, he tends to also be lighthearted, sometimes possessing a childish personality. He often bonds with his Pokémon more than people. He believes that few closer friends are far greater than a lot of casual friends. His care for Pokémon often exceeds the care of others, hence why his Cyndaquil is kept in a Cherish Ball, though he's more often out of the ball. On a final note, he enjoys writing poetry from time to time.

History: Born and Raised in Ecruteak City, Tyler became well-informed about the Region's History, especially in his home city. He studied many, many books not only about history, but about Pokémon. He'd gained so much experience about Pokémon and Battling... Yet he had no Pokémon. His parents refused to let him go. Finally, at age 18, he was able to leave his parents' house and seek a Pokémon on his own. However, he had no money to even buy a Pokéball. He decided to take up Pokémon Grooming and headed for Goldenrod City, because it paid well and he enjoyed making the Pokémon happy. It took a few months to establish himself, but he did so and made a decent amount of money. He could afford the latest model of PokéGear as well as a very valuable Pokéball - a Cherish Ball - along with other miscellaneous Pokémon Care items. He held onto this ball, until, after travelling all over the region, he found a Pokémon he knew would become his new best friend. How did he know? He wasn't sure. One might call it fate, but no one knows for sure. He threw the ball, and after some unspoken communication (eyes are windows to the soul), Tyler threw the ball, and sure enough, he gained the Cyndaquil's trust, and the ball stopped shaking with an uplifting beep. Now with his new friend, he debated what he should do next. He overheard that the Fast Ship S.S. Aqua would be heading to a remote island and to an Academy, Tyler decided he'd go there, teach his Pokémon knowledge to others, and groom their Pokémon to see more smiling faces.

Pokémon:
Species: Cyndaquil
Name: Hono
Personality: Very caring toward his trainer, generally friendly (taking lessons from Tyler) but occasionally hot-tempered.
Lvl: 10
Moveset:
  1. Tackle
  2. Leer
  3. Smokescreen
  4. Ember
  5. -----
  6. -----

Last edited:

Pokemonmaster_draco

One Of The Best
Years
Yaaahh!! I think I'll make a SU this weekend. And also sorry for not posting my SU earlier. I waz stuck with some other RP on my hand but it sadly died... Sooo, now I'm all PTA!! :D

Synerjee

Years
@synerjee: Your SU looks good for the most part, but we feel like the history is lacking content. That is to say, that you should write more. How did she encounter her first pokemon? Maybe you could tell us more about what her life was like back at Snowpoint? How did she handle the extreme temperatures? Did she have any other reasons for deciding to come to the academy?

Oh okay. I thought I mentioned how she encountered her Cyndaquil? And how she lives

Amber has been with her trainer ever since she hatched from an egg Yukiko found near Lake Acuity.

And what else do you want to know about her life at Snowpoint? I don't think there's much left to explain.. Is there anything specific you want to know?

Anyways, I'll add on here.

On her usual strolls by Lake Acuity, Yukiko sensed an unusual warmth breaking the cold winter temperatures emanating from the trees surrounding the lake, and went to investigate. To her surprise, she discovered a Pokemon egg sitting right in the middle of the clearing, just as if somebody had left it there. Feeling a huge sense of curiosity weighing down on her - how that small object could produce such lovely heat, she was immediately drawn to it. The egg then hatched into a Cyndaquil not long after, to the shock and delight of Yukiko. They became best friends ever since.

The temperatures of Snowpoint City tend to be very cold all year round, but Yukiko, thankfully, had her partner which, unlike the bitter cold surroundings, was blazing hot with fire - Amber the Cyndaquil. Yukiko had Amber out of her Pokeball almost the entire time, frequently burying her hands and face into her partner's soft, warm fur or warming herself by Amber's fire for the most comfortable warmth.

Yukiko had a deep and burning passion about Pokemon. How Pokemon and humans, being two completely seperate beings, yet able to combine together in such sweet and perfect harmony to create a powerful duo - that's what she has always wondered ever since she first witnessed her first Pokemon battle. She heard about a certain academy that might just tell her all that she needed to know. To pursue her dreams to know more about Pokemon and the bonds that tie Pokemon and trainer together, she decided to embark on this journey, a journey of a lifetime.

..Um, is this good enough? :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 2, 2014
Sorry about the inactivity, I've just been busy with school and that... But I'll post a couple of stuff during the weekend.

Dawn

Years
I'm about to head to the mountains for the weekend. That being said I won't really have the time to deal with SUs. Internet time wll be very scarce in comparison to normal if I get it at all and phone time is not even garaunteed. So that being said, I want all the time I /do/ get put towards posting. So until mid-sunday'ish Megaman765 will be dealing with the SUs.

Before I do though...

@Synerjee: I had enough time to review your changes. You're approved. Welcome to the roleplay. c:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back