• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Well, I don't know the "perks" of being a supporter. So there's nothing for me to knowingly miss out on haha (short of stuff like larger inboxes and no ads). x;

Irrelevant, but I still want to know why PC keeps showing me ads for rehab. Right now it's one for heroin. I:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Alakazam is the real owner of PC. And he's looking into your future and those ads are going to help you in your future.

I don't know what I'm saying.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I would awfully love to donate, but I don't have free control over my money. ;_; About the only way I can ever get to be a supporter is through gift donations or contests. Someday in the future, I shall have a blue italicized name, I shall!!

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Ah, okay.
Over two months on PC and I've never noticed the different sized avatars for supporters until now. @_@ Wow, I need to pay more attention...

@LilJz
Well then! D;
Haha I wonder what determines which ads are shown? Because it's constant ads for rehab and "teen help" (they don't specify what it's for) websites. >_>

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
You also can get an email address, larger avatars, etc etc. It's kinda nice.

See: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=25461
Email? I guess that could be useful, if you want to join Neogaf or smth....

Ah, okay.
Over two months on PC and I've never noticed the different sized avatars for supporters until now. @_@ Wow, I need to pay more attention...

@LilJz
Well then! D;
Haha I wonder what determines which ads are shown? Because it's constant ads for rehab and "teen help" (they don't specify what it's for) websites. >_>
Probably your browsing history and regional settings. A lot of my ads aren't in English, and they're mostly about cell phones.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Mines were mostly about World of Warcraft :C

The ads depends on what you search for the most on your browser history? o.o

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Ah.
I don't know why that would show up if it's that way. Unless it sees specific Wikipedia pages in my browser history... >_>" Haha...

I'm going to have to write down the ads it shows. It's weird how they all are about the same.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Mines were mostly about World of Warcraft :C

The ads depends on what you search for the most on your browser history? o.o
A lot of Ads on the web do, I don't know about PC's. But for my PC's ads, its like on other websites were its browser history based, so I'm deducing its the same here.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
The ads don't bother me. Just confuse me haha. x; Wait- does it pick up the browser history on every device you use to access PC? If so, this makes more sense.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Wait we can admit to using adblock? Cause if so, then yeah so have I. But I did test the ads to see if its based on the browser, so yeah. And I would assume so, yes. I can't say for certain as:
1)I don't know what the admins use for their ads.
2)I am a simple user, using only common logic for the ads.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
A lot of places use Google Analytics, which means when you Google things or use Chrome they tailor the ads base on where you go and what you search for.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
That could result in some...interesting...ads. I:
I'm really not sure why they show me ads for rehab places, though? I don't remember googling or using websites pertaining to that. Well, aside from looking something up that was irrelevant to drugs and ending up with a mass amount of pictures of weed :?

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
That's why I was worried to admitting it, I don't want to stop them revenues. And google analytics is exactly what I'm thinking of, perhaps PC uses them as well.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Ah, okay.
I guess I'll just have to hope nobody I know gets on this account and gets suspicious haha. Then again, their seeing the ads will be heck of a lot easier to explain than seeing my inbox here. x;

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
So apparently I'm getting adds for World of Tanks. I guess that's good, considering the many game sites I go to.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Nope. But I was just off PC to cook, so perhaps I just haven't run into any yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back