• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
Well it's found by fishing in four specific water tiles in Mt. Coronet (I believe the basement) which randomize every day, which is unlike the ones on Route 119 in R/S/E in which they were changed by changing the trendy phrase in Dewford Town.

So basically, it's a bit harder to get in 4th Gen than it was in 3rd Gen.

Well this is all true, but I think it is indeed some MORE difficult than in R/S/E. There, you had the trendy phrase and 6 tiles on Route 119 to catch a Feebas, but as for the D/P/Pt series, there are only 4 tiles (!) in Mt. Coronet where you might catch a Feebas. Although those chang every day, you can spend alot of time every day finding out where those 4 tiles may be.. :3

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 6, 2013
Why can Roselia learn Shadow Ball? I wtfed when i saw that she can learn it. O.o

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 24, 2013
Need help with the Elite Four

Hey guys.
I am at the Elite four, I can beat all four then its lance...
Any good pokemon against him?
My current team:
LVL 51 Snorlax (traded)
LVL 53 Luiga
LVL 50 Entei
LVL 39 Meganuim
LVL 34 Garydos (shiny)
LVL 40 Fearow (Kenya)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Dec 23, 2016
You need to level up. I suggest you do not follow people's advice on leveling up by fighting wild pokemon (unless you are EV training).

Since you have at least 7 Badges (you have 8) you can use the Pokegear to rematch people (100% guarantee they will rematch you as long as you call them at the right time). Could you confirm if you can rematch someone infinitely pre - E4 for me?

I have gained 250,000 to 470,000+ EXP per hour (per Pokemon) by taking advantage of the fact that:

1) A rematch is 100% guaranteed if you call at the right time.
2) You only need to exit the area and the trainer will be available for a rematch instantly.
3) Rematches are infinite.

But I do that post - Elite 4 and pump up my Pokemon very fast especially with a Lucky Egg. I just want to know if you can do that pre - Elite 4.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Why can Roselia learn Shadow Ball? I wtfed when i saw that she can learn it. O.o

That's just how the game goes I suppose. I definitely agree some Pokemon can learn some very strange moves. There's definitely some that can't learn moves that would be perfectly suited for them also. Take Scyther for example, it can't learn Fly, but Dodrio can, haha. :p

Last edited:

Shadow101thehedgehog

It all starts with this...
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 17, 2014
Has this happened to anyone else? I try playing a Gen 4 game on my 3ds, and most of the sound effects during battle don't play (enemy pokemon cries, moves, etc) yet when I tried it on my friends DSi they played. Any idea on what to do?

Typhon

'sup
Years
Has this happened to anyone else? I try playing a Gen 4 game on my 3ds, and most of the sound effects during battle don't play (enemy pokemon cries, moves, etc) yet when I tried it on my friends DSi they played. Any idea on what to do?
If you've checked it on a friend's 3DS, at it works on there there's something wrong sound-wise in your 3DS. I'd suggest getting it checked up, and looking at the settings in-game. That might help :>

Shadow101thehedgehog

It all starts with this...
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 17, 2014
If you've checked it on a friend's 3DS, at it works on there there's something wrong sound-wise in your 3DS. I'd suggest getting it checked up, and looking at the settings in-game. That might help :>

I feel dumb now. Apparently when I use headphones on a 3ds most of the sound effects don't play, yet when I use headphones on a DSi they do. I fixed it by merely taking out the headphones...

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
On my Soulsilver, I have been using rotom and ditto, for breeding hopefully a shiny rotom, is there such thing as one? If so, is it worth trying to hatch, because I also want ato breed for a shiny ditto, sounds wierd, but I want a ditto that is shny. xD

In order to breed a Shiny Rotom in a easier way, try breeding Rotom with foreign Ditto.
In other words, if your Rotom was caught in English games, try breeding it with a France/Germany/Japanese etc...

Here's some reference regarding the above answer.
The Masuda method (Japanese: 国際結婚 international marriage), also known as Masuda's method, is a fan-made term which describes a way to obtain Shiny Pokémon more easily in Generation IV and V. While the standard encounter rate for a Shiny Pokémon (either in the wild or by breeding) is 1/8192, the Masuda method multiplies this rate by 5 (to 5/8192 or about 1/1638) in Generation IV and by 6 (to 3/4096 or about 1/1365) in Generation V. It occurs whenever Pokémon of differing real-world geographical origin are bred.

As for the Shiny Ditto, that can be a little difficult. As Two Ditto cannot have an offspring.
You might try the PokeRadar chaining trick in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum.
Ditto can be found in Route 218 in DP, while in Trophy Garden for Platinum.

Another reference, but for the mentioned chaining trick instead.
The chance of finding a Shiny Pokémon patch increases the longer the chain is. This chance maxes out at chain #40, in which the chance of finding a shiny grass patch is 1/200, a substantial increase from the usual 1/8192. Furthermore, the shiny grass patch always contains the Pokémon that is being chained, so there is no risk of breaking the chain when entering one. A Shiny Pokémon can appear in a normal grass patch, however, but the chances of that happening are the same as normal.

reference credit: bulbapedia

Years
What should be my last Pokemon?

Okay, I am having a ton of trouble looking for the perfect last Pokemon to catch for my team. I recently heard Yanma is amazing, buuuuut it is hard to find. Are there any good, under-used POKEMON that would be great for a finisher for my team?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
It would help if you posted your current team so that we can offer you some proper suggestions. Anyway, I'll move this into the Fourth Generation Help Thread since quick questions belong in there rather than being a thread themselves.

[ Moved ]

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 3, 2014
HeartGold Training Help?

I've been playing HeartGold lately and I've just beat the eighth gym and have been trying to beat the Kimno Girls. I tried once or twice and never got past the third one and realized I need to train my Pokemon. I read somewhere to deposit all my money and bring one Pokemon I need to train with me and I'd get a lot of Exp from that. My only problem is that it's taking way to long. My team is a Heracross (Lv35), Jolteon (Lv31), Shelgon (Lv36) Frealigatr(Lv30), Gengar(Lv32) and a Golem(Lv32)

I'd like to get them all to level 40 before I try to beat the Elite four, preferably all level 35 before I try at the Kimno Girls. I was just wondering where the best place to train was. Also, an easier way to get a lucky egg because I'd rather not go through all the hassle of catching the Pokemon that has it.

I hope this is in the right forum and thanks in advanced for any help

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
There's some pretty strong Pokemon on Route 45 and the Rock Tunnel--around the level your 'Mons currently are. That would be a good place to train. With some patience you should be able to get them to 35 and eventually 40. Also, you should (if I remember right) be able to access Route 26 and 27 by surfing East of New Bark Town. There's some pretty strong wild Pokemon and trainers there. Depositing your money is a good idea because if you lose to a trainer whose stronger, you don't lose any money, but still gain the experience.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
Can he access the Safari Zone at this point? I thought I remembered not being able to get to Route 47 without having beaten the Elite Four. I could be wrong though, it's been a while since I played through the main story.

T The Manager

RealTalkRealFlow
Years
NP man.

And for grinding up later in game before Elite Four, any patches of grass before Victory Road is good. I would save water, grass, ice, etc Pokemon for last and use Victory Road making it quicker and easier.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
How is escape rate calculated in the Johto Safari Zone?

I'm trying to catch some Pokemon in the Safari Zone, and I'm trying to formulate a strategy on how I should go about catching them when they appear. I understand that bait lowers the escape rate by one stage and has a 90% chance of lowering the catch rate by a stage; and throwing mud raises the catch rate by one stage, and has a 90% chance of raising the escape rate by a stage. But I'm not sure how the escape rate is calculated. Normally it would be calculated by the ratio between the wild Pokemon's speed and your Pokemon's speed, but in the Safari Zone you're not using a Pokemon in your encounters. So how is escape rate calculated?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 4, 2013
Skull fossil searching

I've had my Pokemon platinum since the year it came out. I've beaten it countless times, but now im trying complete the national dex. Im about halfway there btw :D. Anyway, ive gotten several skull fossils in the past, but I need one now. I couldn't find an answer to my scenario online so here I am. I have pokemon platinum, with the national dex acquired, have an even number trainer i.d, and would like to know if I can find a skull fossil underground. Im losing hope because I've searched fo a while. All feedback appreciated, thanks :)

Years
I've had my Pokemon platinum since the year it came out. I've beaten it countless times, but now im trying complete the national dex. Im about halfway there btw :D. Anyway, ive gotten several skull fossils in the past, but I need one now. I couldn't find an answer to my scenario online so here I am. I have pokemon platinum, with the national dex acquired, have an even number trainer i.d, and would like to know if I can find a skull fossil underground. Im losing hope because I've searched fo a while. All feedback appreciated, thanks :)

The fossil found in Platinum depends entirely on the last digit of your Trainer ID No., if you have an odd number (1, 3, 5, 7 or 9) as the last digit you can get Skull Fossils (which revives into Cranidos) however if you have an even number in your last digit (0, 2, 4, 6 or 8) it'll be Armor Fossils (aka revived into Shieldon) instead.

So yeah, this means you'll be getting Shieldon on your current save and not Cranidos so you'll either have to restart for the ID you want or get a Cranidos from trading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back