• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Clubs/Groups?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Basically since Olli got modded he's been running the section with me well, but he pointed out what a stupid decision the name change was. So I request that this be reversed and we go back to Pokemon Groups because they're groups - that's what they are. or he gets sacked It's a group of people doing things and talking to each other as a group. Therefore, Pokemon Groups. \o/ I mean really, 'Pokemon Clubs' is just ughh... Not working for us! Whilst we're at it, maybe Other Clubs should have the same change? Other Groups is a much nicer name and doesn't clash with OC's acronym. Just stuff to think about yo. It'd be nice to get opinions from people that don't use the section much because you're the kind of people we want to attract, so suggest away!

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I think we should name it "Pokémon Parties", and hold timely elections to see which groups are the favourites of the members- the parties with more votes will get stickied, while the ones with less supporters will just get allowed a few posts before being closed. That way we'll also save the database from loading such large threads every time one member opens it.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I think you're going too fast with this. Yes, after thinking about this, I realised that the section shouldn't be limited to fan clubs only, though I'm not sure whether those 'clubs' that do in-game activities together should be categorized as clubs. It's just when I hear the word clubs relative to the section, I basically think fan clubs, but there are also other kinds of activity clubs like the Shiny Hunters and the RNG Abuse club, and groups may just seem more fit for those.

Anyways, I'm annoyed by the fact that you didn't talk this through with me before actually posting a thread about this, as I actually think the section would be better off as Pokémon Clubs, since it is mostly fan clubs. Now since this change is up to H-Staff in the end, I don't mind it that much, though please don't just make changes without me being involved for future reference.

lol Went x_x

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
^ Parties yes.

Or you could just take Pokemon Clubs and put it somewhere else!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Hmm, the parties idea certainly is interesting... We may need to consider that! It's much more welcoming and friendly etc :3 Although running with Sydian's idea, what if we got rid of the section and placed the clubs throughout all the sections that they belong to...? Then obviously I'd still have to run them all with forum wide powers or something ;D Nah but srs I'm all for this Pokemon Parties idea; it'll save the databases a tonne of strain and whittle out the rubbish clubs for good. :3

Back