• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
pardon me and my silly question but ._.
is it worth to get pokemon b2/w2 even if i have both black and white already? :/

It's all up to you whether you want to get the games.

I'll just add on to what Zupplu said. Black 2 and White 2 take place 2 years after the story of Black and White.

There are new locations, and the Pokedex is now a mix of Unova Pokemon and Pokemon from previous generations. There are also new Gym Leaders and new features.

twindelphine

Pokemon Meister
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2014
There's something on my mind lately about the game, & I wish to resolve it right here.

Let's say I completed the game in Black 2. I unlock the Challenge Mode. Will I be able to unlock Challenge Mode when starting a new game in another cartridge, say White 2?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
There's something on my mind lately about the game, & I wish to resolve it right here.

Let's say I completed the game in Black 2. I unlock the Challenge Mode. Will I be able to unlock Challenge Mode when starting a new game in another cartridge, say White 2?

It's a little confusing, but you kinda hit it on the nail, there.

You first must unlock it in black 2, as it is an exclusive Black 2 feature.
Beat the game, unlock Challenge Mode. After that, you are able to send the Challenge Mode data via Unova Link to another cartridge, even another copy of Black 2. Then, you are able to start the game using the Challenge Mode, thus making the game harder.

twindelphine

Pokemon Meister
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2014
It's a little confusing, but you kinda hit it on the nail, there.

You first must unlock it in black 2, as it is an exclusive Black 2 feature.
Beat the game, unlock Challenge Mode. After that, you are able to send the Challenge Mode data via Unova Link to another cartridge, even another copy of Black 2. Then, you are able to start the game using the Challenge Mode, thus making the game harder.

Sounds good to hear. Challenge mode here I go!

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
black 2 white 2 coming out soon! So I was wondering...
I have pokemon white, and I have since finished it off and am bored. I want to buy one, but my question is, which one should I buy for continuity of storyline? I don't care if I don't get a specific pokemon, I just checked serebii and the version exclusive pokes are fine, but because I don't want to spoil the story for myself like I did for almost every other game I have played, I can't check to see. i want to have a sequel to white. I don't want N to suddenly have zekrom cuz I have it in white... it wouldn't make sense. for me at least.

So, my question summed up is: Which game should I buy for continuity in the storyline?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
black 2 white 2 coming out soon! So I was wondering...
I have pokemon white, and I have since finished it off and am bored. I want to buy one, but my question is, which one should I buy for continuity of storyline? I don't care if I don't get a specific pokemon, I just checked serebii and the version exclusive pokes are fine, but because I don't want to spoil the story for myself like I did for almost every other game I have played, I can't check to see. i want to have a sequel to white. I don't want N to suddenly have zekrom cuz I have it in white... it wouldn't make sense. for me at least.

So, my question summed up is: Which game should I buy for continuity in the storyline?
White 2 may seem like a logical choice because it has similar same version exclusives to White 1.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I know the version exclusives are the same, but does it continue the story from white or black? You get a different legend, but the same exclusives, so I'm a bit confused...

Sorry; didn't make myself clear here. To clarify, White 2 follows White 1's storyline. In White 1, Reshiram was N's legendary dragon. At some point in White 2, N will come to the player's aid while riding Reshiram.

Raging Man

Ace Trainer
Years
Shiny Gible in Black 2

I've been playing the japanese version of Pokemon Black 2 for a while now and decided to finish the Black Tower once and for all to get the Shiny Gible.

So, i've been giving it a lot of though and since i will use Garchomp, is it a good idea to evolve my Shiny Gible to get a Shiny Garchomp which i know it looks terribly the same, or should i breed it to get one with a better nature (The shiny one has a Bashful Nature that doesn't lower nor increase stats) and keep the better looking Shiny Gible?

JaySawn

Weedle Weedle Wee -Patrimon?
Years
I've been playing the japanese version of Pokemon Black 2 for a while now and decided to finish the Black Tower once and for all to get the Shiny Gible.

So, i've been giving it a lot of though and since i will use Garchomp, is it a good idea to evolve my Shiny Gible to get a Shiny Garchomp which i know it looks terribly the same, or should i breed it to get one with a better nature (The shiny one has a Bashful Nature that doesn't lower nor increase stats) and keep the better looking Shiny Gible?

Shinies are always great to have , but remember it's only for rarity , not how it performs in battle .

IMO , I suggest breeding a gible with a better nature , and keep the shiny gible on the side

~ Jay

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
How do I transfer Pokemon from White to White 2? Do I need the PokeShifter like in White when I move Pokemon from Generation IV games, or can I just trade them straight over?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
How do I transfer Pokemon from White to White 2? Do I need the PokeShifter like in White when I move Pokemon from Generation IV games, or can I just trade them straight over?

First you must of course defeat the first Gym Leader, and then receive the C-Gear from Bianca (which she will give you almost immediately after defeating Cheren). Then, you are able to trade and battle with Black and White.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
You can't connect to the Dream World until you get the C-gear. I think you get that after the first badge.

pokeskate

Lerroux says "bye-bye!
Years
You know what, I looked through the thread and jellicent provided an answer to my question perfectly, even though they responded to someone else . But thanks vaporeon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back