• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Location, Location, Location?

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
With Generation 6 now revealed, the question arises again; Where in the Human world is it set?

With what looks like the Eiffel Tower in the background of a city, could we be looking at a French-based Region?

Discuss.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
The starters are based off chestnuts, forgs and fennet, which are stereotypically French, so that's a good educated guess :P

Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2022
I believe so, the water starter Froakie seems to be a frog. Not that I think that's a stereotype or anything... lol But it would make sense!

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
The starters are based off chestnuts, forgs and fennet, which are stereotypically French, so that's a good educated guess :P

Fennex is also based of a Lynx, which are native to Europe among other areas...

Also Pikachu's announcement did come from the Eiffel Tower, and Iwate was in Paris a couple of days ago.....

blue

gucci
Years
Well the fact that Unova was based in Manhattan, maybe they're moving outside of Japan for now so France?

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
I also thought it'd be France/Europe, based on the Pikachu introduction movie. Would be nice, though. : D After America, it's only fair that Europe gets it's fair share of the Pokémon world. : >

Went, since when are fennec foxes stereotypically French? ô_ô France doesn't have a desert, does it?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Region based in Paris? Region real world counterpart speculation

The game has what seems to be an eifle tower. Do people think the region will be based on France?
I'm not sure if it is going to be france because the desert like place makes me think of the south west US' area 51.
So what do you think is the region going to be on or hope will be the new place.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I think the fact that the start of the trailer featured Pikachu against a backdrop of Paris with the Eiffel Tower clearly in view after he finishes the introduction (he's standing right on top of it) would be an indicator

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
I'm guessing it would be set in a region based off towns,cities and famous attractions in France, based on seeing the introduction of Pikachu shocking the Eiffel Tower, along with the player standing in a place that looked sort of like Paris. So yeah I think it will be based off France, which I'm looking forward to c:!

Years
Well I sure hope it's france...now to speculate which part. Ahh GF why couldn't you save a france based version until DP remake era as France looks similar to Sinnoh, and there's Fatima who seems to come from a france based version ah!

I bet it'll be the trianglar part of france.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
From the looks of it, they could be based of a city in France, specifically Paris. I mean the fact Pikachu was standing behind the Eiffel Tower really gives it off.

dieter57

pokemon master
Years
Going purely based off the trailer that was released, I'm going to say France/Paris/Europe area. Pikachu did announce it from the top of the Eiffel Tower.

Years
I think this new region is based on Europe, given that Eiffel Tower-like building.

Let's hope the region name is not a disappointment. We had Unova based on New York, and now Europe? Guess they are moving away from the Japanese influence after all.

Years
Perhaps they're doing the major economic capitals of the world. First New York, Second Paris, next London? and so on.

I love Paris, it's one of the places I wish to visit. The streets also scream French out to me.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Yeah I was going to say France. I guess it's the general consensus. It's the Eiffel tower which got be and the general landscape of the games.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah it probably is France, although it could have parts of it extending into other areas that stretch further than just there maybe, so other areas around Europe that somehow just fit in with France in the games lmao.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Yeah like everyone else has said, I assume France and Europe because of Pikachu jumping of the Eiffep Tower and the starters being based of Frenchish animals.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
Pikachu standing on the Eiffel tower, the cities in the trailer looking quite reminiscent of Paris and the likes, etc etc etc, everything that's been said in the thread.

It does look like it'll be France. Which will be really cool. Now do Sweden.

Back