• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Location, Location, Location?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
My guess that it'll probably be based on France and maybe a few other countries of eastern Europe such as Spain and England. If so, then looks like Pokemon is finally in my home country :D.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Sinice this is based on France, and we basically have an Eiffel Tower, chance is we'll also get a building, aka, the museum that'll be based on The Louvre

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Well lets see, Japan has been the focus of almost every game and Unova was Manhattan. I am going to say Paris,France. They may be going to a lot of diffrent countries now.

Years
The starters are based off chestnuts, forgs and fennet, which are stereotypically French, so that's a good educated guess :P

That was my first thought, to be honest. I don't know how I feel about it being in France, but the more we see, the more interesting it shall be... Maybe there will be wine bars in this one! ;D​

Years
Either the whole region is based off of France or they have condensed as much as they can of Europe into the region (if that is the case I'm praying for an Australian Gen 7 since that would make all the main places it is sold haha)

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
While it does seem to be France, I think it will be more Europe all up.

Personally, I'm more waiting for the Australia based Pokemon region.

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
It is obviously based on France (Paris at least). But I like the idea this could be just like the most important city in the game, but the others are just based on different European countries. It would be awesome (although at first it sounds weird).

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Yeah, I think it is based around Europe, France definitely being implemented.But i wonder what other countries.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
France Based Region/City?

PKMN-XY-Announce.jpg

Because that's not the Pokémon Equivalent of the Eifel Tower at the back.

Regardless, it most defenately screams France, the Street he's on, the buildings, the land mark, there's also a somewhat France styled manor in the trailer , I cannot find a pic.

But what do you guys think? Want a france based region? Or cities referring to places around the world?

Or do you have other ideas or theories about the cities?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I'm pretty much loving the French feel to it so far. The fashion styles are definitely French, no mystery there. But everything else, plus the semi-Eiffel Tower deal at the beginning and junk. But the cobblestone streets and the buildings show are 100% French. I mean, I feel like I'm looking at Uptown New Orleans (built by the French).

blue

gucci
Years
It's different to the standardized Japanese based region. I can imagine the scenery to be much more cultural, I've never visited France but it is in Europe and we've never had a European based region before assuming that's where it is based. Now all we need is a name for the region.

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
But what do you guys think? Want a france based region? Or cities referring to places around the world?

Mostly a Europe-based region since we've already seen a lot from Japan and New York City in the previous games.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
I'm hoping they don't try to fit in the entire Europe. That'd just turn out to be an unnecessary hassle for the devs, hahaha.
They always seem pretty specific with their areas. They could've gone for the entire US in BW if they wanted to, but they just went for NY.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
I think it will be predominantly based on areas of France (the Japanese really do tend to love French culture and such), and perhaps some surrounding European cities, but I'm really leaning towards mostly France. Makes me concerned for Froakie, it does.

There could be multiple regions and you simply *start* in France, but it's too soon to say.

iTeruri

iAm
Years
I think it'll be just France. If we look at previous regions, they are based on a an actualy region, not an entire country. We will have Paris for sure, maybe a bit of Normandy and Brittany and north-France (so it might include a bit of Belgium, actually). Of course I'm kinda hoping atleast some part of the Netherlands is also included, but that's just wishfull thinking on my part (I'm Dutch, of course).

Years
I'm pretty sure the trailer shows the camera panning away from the western portion of Europe, which I thought was odd at that time.

I only wonder if the map is going to reflect just Paris (which would be hard since the only body of water there is the Seine - no seas), some larger area that includes Paris (such as the norther half of France, maybe with Brittany, that peninsula area on the west coast so we'll have water access), all of France (or most of it, maybe with some edges cropped off), or all of France and some surrounding areas like the Pyrenees mountains on the border with Spain, the low countries, a little bit of southern England, the Alps, etc.).

Certainly it seems they're going to go with European styles for at least some of the towns and cities.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I'm pretty sure the trailer shows the camera panning away from the western portion of Europe, which I thought was odd at that time.

I only wonder if the map is going to reflect just Paris (which would be hard since the only body of water there is the Seine - no seas), some larger area that includes Paris (such as the norther half of France, maybe with Brittany, that peninsula area on the west coast so we'll have water access), all of France (or most of it, maybe with some edges cropped off), or all of France and some surrounding areas like the Pyrenees mountains on the border with Spain, the low countries, a little bit of southern England, the Alps, etc.).

Certainly it seems they're going to go with European styles for at least some of the towns and cities.

Actually, the trailer pans out from france itself, with pikachu ontop the eiffel tower.
Fmg3N.jpg

Back