• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Elaynii's Junk

Years
That's one elegant bird. Puts me in the mind of one of those vampy femme fatales from old movies. Feels very "dark" even with the bright reds. I like it a lot.

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
Years
That's one elegant bird. Puts me in the mind of one of those vampy femme fatales from old movies. Feels very "dark" even with the bright reds. I like it a lot.

Thanks! <3

She's meant to be very pretentious, and she's very conceited. Though this is the female version, the attitude does not apply to the male version. I'm glad you like it, too! I was unsure about the color choices, but, they seemed to work out so far.

I also attempted to sprite her. Any tips or constructive criticism is greatly appreciated!

Spoiler:

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
I really need to get more active here, hah. Anyways, I've overhauled the first post, and I'll be following that format; it looks more professional to me, plus, I'm used to it. Expect some more art soon!

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
your fakemon are amazing. especially the little pink guy. they look so real!
can't wait to see more (:

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
your fakemon are amazing. especially the little pink guy. they look so real!
can't wait to see more (:

Thanks! :)

I'm working on putting together a Pokédex to show all of the current Pokémon that I have done. Anyways, I'm not sure if I revealed this one or not, but, here is Lavapho's evolution, Sulpheal!

Sulpheal, the Fire Seal Pokémon.
picture.php

Type: Fire
Height: 2' 07"
Weight: 56.3 lbs

Dex Entry: Unlike Lavapho, Sulpheal are very happy Pokémon. They love to play with their Trainers and other Pokémon. These Pokémon greatly enjoy sunbathing and can be found around active volcanoes.

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
The fire starter looks a bit, errr.... sassy, so I'm glad you've made him a promising looking evolution.

Yes, it's supposed to be sassy~. All three starters have different personalities; Purleaf is very excitable and friendly while Hydrake is lazy and hardly motivated to do anything. Lavapho is highly defiant and often has an attitude.

Thank you for you input, I appreciate it!

Yellow Silver Nostalgia

Those Were The Days
Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
Well isn't that the kindest thing? I love it when people make a big effort just to be nice to each other, it's a breath of fresh air. :t294:

This is rapidly escalating into a contest of sweetness between us :psy copy: (the next thing you know I'll write a poem and then you'll post a song on youtube and I'll send you flowers and you'll send me a chocolate model of Purleaf and I'll arrange for you to fly to Paris for a romantic dinner :2: and proposal... :t152:wouldn't that just be a fairytale love story?), and I don't want to divert attention away from the main topic of your wonderful thread, so I'll forfeit.

Besides, you'd easily win that sweetness contest. :t122:

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2013
I'm new and I just want to say, I really love your designs. It's hard to be unique and keep them simple, but you're doing an awesome job at that! As others have said, you're also really good at imitating the official pokemon style. Keep up the awesome work!

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
Wow! That all looks really good. I especially like those starters. Keep it up!

Thanks!

I'm new and I just want to say, I really love your designs. It's hard to be unique and keep them simple, but you're doing an awesome job at that! As others have said, you're also really good at imitating the official pokemon style. Keep up the awesome work!

Thank you so much, hun!

I've got some new art for you all today! Abnegation asked me to design the mother for the protagonists of Phoenix Rising. Here she is, and I hope you all like her!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Man, all your 'mons are designed very well! The colors and designs on each one looks as if it was thought out thoroughly, and each were not overcomplicated or super simplified. I'm especially loving that fire peacock and hydrake!

Also I was wondering where you learned to draw like that? It looks almost identical to Sugimori's art style. I want to try my hand at this!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
It looks almost identical to Sugimori's art style.

Truest statement posted in this thread.

Ęℓαчиıı, your art is fantastic. It's so authentic to Sugimori's style.. If someone told me this (I'm just using that one as an example, this comment applies to all of them) was a Gen VI Pokemon, I'd believe it. Even the names are believable. Moreover, they just make sense. Your Charoyal seems to pair perfectly with Honchcrow, imo. You have a amazing talent for reproducing Sugimori's art style while still being unique and completely your own. It goes without saying that your line work is immaculate, your color choices are perfect, and your eye for lighting / shadows is absolutely flawless. I am super, super impressed. And equally surprised that I haven't commented on this thread before! :o I'd love to see you do more Pokemon landscape work. Flocks of these guys in the wild with sunsets and whatnot.

If I were you, I'd sell your work and make some serious money. Can't wait to see that game your developing. If I read correctly, the link is in your signature, right? You've got serious raw talent. Can't wait to see more! n_n;

Got any ideas for a pseudo-legend yet?

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
Man, all your 'mons are designed very well! The colors and designs on each one looks as if it was thought out thoroughly, and each were not overcomplicated or super simplified. I'm especially loving that fire peacock and hydrake!

Also I was wondering where you learned to draw like that? It looks almost identical to Sugimori's art style. I want to try my hand at this!

Thank you!

I've had some help down the road, but I have had practice of my own. The co-owner of my game also helped me immensely with shading and designing, so I can't take all the credit. Sadly, he left and now I'm on my own. I'll be posting my art here to get more feedback, but due to what I've gotten, people seem to like it!

As for Sugimori's style, I stalk his Twitter account. He has a lot of pictures that he has uploaded in his style, and I study them there. I also lurk on Bulbapedia and just stare at all of his official art. His style is a peculiar one, and it's one that takes getting used to. I think it took me a good year or two to get it down. I'm still experimenting with it now. The key is to never give up, and you'll eventually get it down!

Truest statement posted in this thread.

Ęℓαчиıı, your art is fantastic. It's so authentic to Sugimori's style.. If someone told me this (I'm just using that one as an example, this comment applies to all of them) was a Gen VI Pokemon, I'd believe it. Even the names are believable. Moreover, they just make sense. Your Charoyal seems to pair perfectly with Honchcrow, imo. You have a amazing talent for reproducing Sugimori's art style while still being unique and completely your own. It goes without saying that your line work is immaculate, your color choices are perfect, and your eye for lighting / shadows is absolutely flawless. I am super, super impressed. And equally surprised that I haven't commented on this thread before! :o I'd love to see you do more Pokemon landscape work. Flocks of these guys in the wild with sunsets and whatnot.

If I were you, I'd sell your work and make some serious money. Can't wait to see that game your developing. If I read correctly, the link is in your signature, right? You've got serious raw talent. Can't wait to see more! n_n;

Got any ideas for a pseudo-legend yet?

You brought a tear to my eye...
Thank you SO much for the kind words, they really do mean a lot to me! ♥

As I told Sunfished, I cannot talk ALL the credit. I am on my own now, but I have once again gotten myself motivated. The loss of my co-owner pretty much turned me off to everything, but thanks to the kind, yet blunt people on deviantART, I'm right back in the game! Before I verify any sort of concept, I ask my good friend hourglasshero. He is where I got my motivation to become a Fakémon artist. Charoyal is one of my favorite concepts by far, with the exception of Purleaf. Sugimori's style takes quite a while to replicate. I spend at least two hours working on a single picture, unless I'm excited about it. To be honest, colors are where I have a lot of trouble at. I spend at least thirty minutes picking base colors and then I end up changing them ten times. Landscapes are my weak point, sadly. :K I'm one of those people who are never satisfied with a base sketch anything and end up changing it or throwing it away. I will give that a shot, though! Yes, the link to my game thread is in my signature!

I do have the regional "pseudo legendary" Dragon Pokémon concept. The basic and first stage are done, but I'm drafting the second stage. Knowing me, it'll take months for me to draw that out. @w@;

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
Here's a little update, guys!

I've been in the process of taking a few requests for some designs for some Fakémon designs... and I love how I've loved the designs I've done for other people, but I normally can't things I make for myself.

Anyways, here is an Eeveeloution design for fantasykisala's fan game. I decided since a female Eevee is rather rare, this design might work out well. You can only obtain this Pokémon when a female Eevee levels up while holding a Sharp Beak. Perhaps this could even been considered a Steel-typed Eeveeloution. I'm not sure, but the evolution method would be the same; a Metal Coat would replace the Sharp Beak. Regardless, if fantasykisala doesn't like it, I keep her. x'D

Spoiler:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Your stuff is marvelous. And I'd agree with Alexial and Sunfished about your style resembling Sugimori's. But since you already went ahead and told us that you stalk his twitter and study his works, I guess it shouldn't be a surprise. I honestly do not feel like I'm qualified to point out errors or anything else in your works because you're so much better than I can ever hope to be. :p

What makes your work stand out are all the small touches that you add in them. For example, the steel suit and the wings near the feet you drew in the eeveelution look really good on it but don't make the fakemon any more complicated than it should be. A problem that amateur fakemon artists encounter is when they don't know how many features and what kind their fakemon should possess. They end up adding too much and the result is a fakemon that doesn't resemble a real pokemon at all. But you are really experienced and know when and where to add these sorts of things. Visible in your latest one too - the whip/snake thingy around the green starter's body, I mean. If it weren't for these additions, the fakemon would probably end up looking plain and you always find the right places to make these additions and in adequate amounts to make them seem as authentic and identical to sugimori style as possible. Your stuff always ends up looking like a pokemon and not some over-complicated digimon work. Though calling your works simple doesn't take away from their charm and the hard work you put into it. I meant it as a compliment actually, haha.

I won't be able to talk much more than that, I'm afraid. BUT I really wanna say quite a lot of things and I'll be sure to comment again soon. When time permits, you know. Keep posting your works, dude. They're amazing.

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
@Derozio - Thank you so much! <3

Here's a fully completed line I've done!

Chibaki was one of the first fake concepts I'd ever drafted, so she is pretty special to me. Chibaki originally just a random concept, though she wasn't based off of anything. Last night after watching a movie, my co-owner and I decided to base her final evolution off of the three Fates in Hercules. So, yeah. There is a little back story behind her line.

They have a unique ability called Tantrum.
Tantrum is an ability where if the Pokémon gets hit by a Super Effective move, the Special Attack stat is maxed out.

Spoiler:

Back