• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Let the Catz say Zero! [DLTMS0 v4.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years

I guess because it's supposedly easier to emotionally relate to an imperfect being than a more perfect one. Everybody loves an underdog. But it's still bloody ridiculous. Everyone watching cartoons isn't so miserable that the idea of a socially adept main character is unimaginable.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019

My best guess is it's for fanservice anime mostly since it's more appealing than say a gar type like Gatts for example.

Edit: Pokestick beat me to the punch.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

Hm...yeah, that makes sense. Still, they're so useless that I don't think anyone can relate to them, and when they're in trouble...you (or at least I) don't want them to come out on top. Like in Mirai Nikki. EVERY ENCOUNTER he had I wanted him dead. Heck, out of all the useless protagonists out there, he's the one I dislike the most. I mean, I didn't like most of the characters in that show, but Yuki specifically is probably one of my least favorite characters in anime for an ungodly number of reasons.

Eh.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

Seriously, the % of these type of protagonist is a lot smaller than you'd think. Just avoid things aimed at fat neckbeards (harem shows and anything produced from a light novel with a stupidly long title would be first on my ignore list) . Really, it's not that hard.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

Oh, I don't watch anime with them usually, I've just seen a good number of them (there are only about 4 that I actually watched, 3 of which were good). Generally shows with them have either generic stories and/or generic characters, and I can't deal with the latter (and the former, to a slightly smaller extent

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

Speaking of Harems and breasts...I went back and looked at some of the anime that I watched when I was younger (outside of Toonami, I consider the time that I got into anime to be when I got Comcast for the first time and started watching the Anime Network...so 2003)...good God. I...uh...I should not have been watching that stuff. That was ten years ago, so I was 7 at the time (it really doesn't feel like that long ago). Looking back, I watched both Steel Angel Kurumis, Burn Up, Those Who Hunt Elves, Sorcerer Hunters, Maburaho, and other anime that I...I just shouldn't have been watching. Elfen Lied was on the list, and I always saw it there...it's a good thing I didn't click it ._.'

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

I don't think I was on the internet back then. I may have been, I didn't watch anime on there. The anime I watched back then was either on Toonami, FoxBox (aka 4Kids TV or Fox Kids), Kids WB, or the Anime Network On Demand (which is also what taught me what anime was, and that's what I consider how I got into anime), so it was always on TV.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

2007ish was when I got back into anime. My mum noticed Blood+ on the TV, watched it and it was pretty kul. Started watching stuff as it aired around the time To Love Ru and Code Geass were airing.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years

I consider Love Hina and Bleach to be the shows that pushed me into the whole anime thing for real. Back in 2009, when everything was exciting and awesome.
Then Kämpfer came along. But let's not speak of Kämpfer.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

I'm no sub elitist but that johnny Yong Bosch Ichigo made me so angry my demon fox chakra came out a little. Quite strange as I liked him in my Code Geass rewatch whenever I did that.

I got into teh big shounens pretty late actually, considering they're supposed to be gateway shows.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

Johnny Yong Bosch is one of my favorite male VAs in the dub business, along with Yuri Lowenthal and Liam O' Brien, but I didn't particularly care for his role in Bleach. Having said that, the dub of Bleach isn't that good, and after I caught up with Bleach I immediately switched to subs.

I will say, though, that he plays Ichigo VERY passionately.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back