• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
DIE Magmaruby and Aquasapphire

I am curious and like to read the theories of how Mewtwo goes into said form. I like the idea of it being the "pre experiment" but that would mean there would have to be two Mewtwos or else I'm not sure how Mewtwo would transition into that pre-experiment form. Unless they give it something that does away with all the experiments they did, which is highly unlikely. Maybe they do more experiments on Mewtwo... ?

Also, yeah, I feel like they're trying to connect with older fans in a way or fans that just like Mewtwo, but as a person that likes Mewtwo this new form... isn't really growing on me. We'll see...

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 16, 2020
All I can think of for Mewtwo changing into its new form it has something to do with altering it DNA (but not like Deoxys).

And how would you react to this idea I just thought of: We know that Generations IV & V game had forms exclusive to versions after the launch versions of same said Generations (Rotom, Giratina, & Shaymin in Gen IV and the Kami trio & Kyurem in Gen V). What if they did exclusive Pokémon available only in a Generation VI version after X&Y?

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
Mew gave birth to a being that came to be twice its size? WTF?

Cyclone

Mew gave birth to another Mew. The scientist (Fuji) took it back to its lab and performed "years of horrific gene splicing and DNA engineering experiments" (Red/Blue PokéDex). I wouldn't be surprised if it was awake the whole time, too, considering how angry it always is.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Mew gave birth to another Mew. The scientist (Fuji) took it back to its lab and performed "years of horrific gene splicing and DNA engineering experiments" (Red/Blue PokéDex). I wouldn't be surprised if it was awake the whole time, too, considering how angry it always is.

But doesn't that contradict Mewtwo's clone status as clones are created by test tubes rather than live birth?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
We're half a year away from the games, what else do you guys think we'll see? Do you think the region will be clouded in mystery like most things announced about X and Y?

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Speculation on X and Y: The region is shaped like a giant XY combo. Or, the roads could connect into an XY shape criss-crossing the region.

The DNA Splicers could be used on Bidoof. He could because dual-typed Normal + X with all 17 types.

Rotom will suddenly make sense.

(just having a joke making!)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Rotom will suddenly make sense.
Like.

A region image would be nice, but the reason they cloud part of it is because it's beta, and not final. I don't see why they would just intentionally cloud part of the region; after all, the minimap doesn't say anything, and they could easily paste together two shots to remove any cursor, giving away nothing but the look of the area. Granted, we could pinpoint the starting location and starting path then, they may not want that or they might just show that.

Route 3 will be part of it, I'd bet.

Cyclone

Guy

just a guy
Years
I'd be satisfied just knowing the region's name at this point to be honest. Although, I'm pretty that'll come when they finally show the map. So in other words, I also can't wait for them to reveal the map. That usually brings in quite the speculation as people dissect it. Which is my personal favorite part in speculating a new generation, dissecting the map.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
((DIE Aerilyn))

Region's name would be nice or something about the Gym Leaders because that's who I'm most curious about but they won't reveal those until closer to the release. I do like when they reveal the map, it always looks so nice and all the theories that surround it make it that much more awesome.

I think my favorite part is dissecting the Gym Leaders. Dunno why, but I love it.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
((DIE Aerilyn))

Region's name would be nice or something about the Gym Leaders because that's who I'm most curious about but they won't reveal those until closer to the release. I do like when they reveal the map, it always looks so nice and all the theories that surround it make it that much more awesome.

I think my favorite part is dissecting the Gym Leaders. Dunno why, but I love it.

Ooh yeah, I'd love to see at least the designs for the gym leaders so we could speculate on the types of them or something :3

Guy

just a guy
Years
I'm also looking forward to seeing the new Gym Leaders and what types they'll cover. I'm not expecting that until the last few months though. The region is usually something that is revealed earlier. I can't remember correctly, but I think by this time we had already seen Castelia City when Black and White were coming out. I could be wrong though, it might have been later.

((DIE Aerilyn))
This game is still happening? I'm already dead, you're too late. :p

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I don't believe we've learned about most of the gym leaders if any until after BW were out in Japan...we speculated on the possible buildings though, such as Brycen's.

Does anyone think an old character from and old region may be an elite four like how Caitlin was to Unova?

BraveNewWorld

The Breaker
Years
I don't believe we've learned about most of the gym leaders if any until after BW were out in Japan...we speculated on the possible buildings though, such as Brycen's.

Does anyone think an old character from and old region may be an elite four like how Caitlin was to Unova?
I think you're right about the gym leaders.

A lot will depend on where the region is relative to the others. If we find out it's near, say, Hoenn, it increases the chances of a cameo from someone of that region. I do think it's likely that we see some past characters, though. It's been incorporated in past games.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021

I'd like to see Wally from the Hoenn region return as an elite four member.

I always liked Wally and if they're going to bring anybody back from the past I hope it's somebody from the Hoenn region.

Also Pokemon XY is apparentely long enough after the other games (except maybe BW) that anybody we met previously who wasn't so tough could have become majorly more tough in that time. It would be interesting to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back