• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Metal & Color Generation Help Thread

Best secondary Pokemon Growlithe, Abra, or Machop?

• Growlithe

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Abra

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Machop

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuJake

I beat Red when I was 8' bro.
Years
I have a gameboy and Pokemon R,B and Yellow. I also have pokemon stadium on n64. Is it possible to battle a friend who is also using a gameboy and a pokemon game by connecting your gameboy to the n64 and battiling using your pokemon ON pokemon stadium?

Can someone tell me how and what I need.

Champloo

RNG Expert
Years
You need to use the 'Gameboy Transfer Pack' to upload the Pokemon from your file. So essentially you'll need TWO in order to use two games simultaneously. Once all these are obtained the set up it quite easy. Just follow the on screen instructions.

Years
Game Boy advance or Game Boy pocket?

Not sure where to put this but it's regarding old Pokemon games I'll just put it here.
My question, which console is better for playing Pokemon Yellow (1st gen games) and Pokemon Crystal (2nd gen games) If i had a GBA SP I wouldn't even be asking this but I don't, at least for now.

I ask this because I played Sapphire on my GBA and the screen was so dark it became more annoying than Zubats. On the other side, I really don't remember how it's screen look like.

So, which game is better for which game. Game Boy Advance or Game Boy (Pocket).
The problem with GB pocket is that it doesn't have colors, but if it has brighter screen than GBA, maybe it is better suited for Yellow. Or? idk, just advise me xD

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
If you like to see colors (which is good for GSC and it's not a big deal for RBY) then I'd go with the GBA, and perhaps invest in a worm light if you can. I haven't had a Pocket in a long time, so I don't remember them being brighter than a GBA, but I don't imagine they would be, to tell you the truth. I would think they'd be on the same peg as the GBC.

edit: I don't think Crystal will play on a Pocket anyway. Besides, if you already have both a Pocket and Advance, why not just pop the games in question into the Game Boy and figure out what you think it looks better on?

Granzen

Pokefan
Years
Battling Red/ash

Battling Red is difficult.
Red's pokemon are :
Pikachu,Espeon,Snorlax,Venusaur,Blastoise,and Charizard.
The level of them above 60

I can't win against red
easy way to defeat red ?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
@Sven: Sorry I'm late. When you get the games, assuming you have both the consoles you're debating on playing them with, just pop them in and see what you prefer. A GBA would definitely be better for GSC though. For RBY, it's not really a big deal. Everything will just be red or blue in RB and in Yellow, every route and city are a different color. And the Pokemon are usually colored in with one color. Nothing to look twice at.

@Fikri: There isn't really a trick to it, but I strongly recommend leading with a good Ground type or a good physical attacker with a Ground attack, like maybe Donphan or Dugtrio. tbh though, if you want help with this, try checking out the in-game team help forum in Battle Center. You can make a thread and post your whole team there and people will give you advice on anything that may need changing. Remember to post movesets when you do that.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
This may be a stupid question but...
I'm currently playing Gold, and I'm stuck at trying to go to that place to get Amphy's meds...where do I get Surf?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You need to go to Ecruteak City and beat the Kimono Girls. Should be the building above the Pokemon Center. When you beat them all, a man will give you the Surf HM.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Thank you!
Okay, well, I got Surf and taught it to my Croconaw...now I have 6 gym badges, and am stuck at Olivine. Where do I go from here?

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Thanks so much to the both of you! Just making my way to the Lake of Rage at the moment. I'll tell you if I need help here.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Afraid not, honey. :( Generation I and II games are not compatible with gen III and beyond. Also bear in mind that Japanese gen I and II games will cause glitches in trading with another gen I or II game of a different language, like an English one. So I don't recommend trying that at all.

Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2013
Shortest Breeding Chain to breed Scyther and Lapras?

Well I originally wanted to breed a Lapras and Scyther together but it turns out that I can't. I'm going to start up the original Red version, then when I finish that game I'll move on to playing Crystal to breed them.

So in Pokemon Crystal, do you know the shortest amounts of pokemon I have to breed to get one that's parents (or grandparents) at least have 1 Scyther and Lapras? I'm pretty much doing this because they are my two favorites. I would like to end up with a Scyther the first time, so it knows better moves.

Thanks.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Wh...what? I don't quite get what you're trying to ask. :( For what it's worth, the easiest option is to breed a Scyther with Ditto for a Scyther, and a Lapras with Ditto for Lapras. There is also a breeding guide in the FAQ. Maybe you should check that out?

Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2013
Basically what I'm trying to do is create a Scyther who can learn a move from breeding a Lapras, I know that you can't directly breed a Scyther from a Lapras so I was looking for the minimum amount of breeding I would have to do in order to achieve this.

Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2013
Will this crash the game?

Say I used a move modifier gameshark code to put Mega Drain on my Scyther for Pokemon Red and save the game. If that permanently puts that move on my Scyther, if I traded that pokemon to, say Crystal version; Will that crash the game? Or will Pokemon Crystal just recognize that it is a legitimate move and accept my Scyther with Mega Drain?

Thanks.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Say I used a move modifier gameshark code to put Mega Drain on my Scyther for Pokemon Red and save the game. If that permanently puts that move on my Scyther, if I traded that pokemon to, say Crystal version; Will that crash the game? Or will Pokemon Crystal just recognize that it is a legitimate move and accept my Scyther with Mega Drain?

Thanks.

I'll accept it. I've had Kangaskhan with Sky Attack that have come out of a Missingno before and they were fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back