• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Opening GBA Pokemon server!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2012
What would everyone think if i set up a GBA server so people can trade and play with eachother across the globe like on a ds but on your computer so you could play your favourite pokemon hacks or pokemon game with anyone on the forums and it would be free and you could have a trade shop for GBA games. please leave your feedback here.

Thanks

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I'm sure this would be rom hacking/Emulation.

But I don't think it's possible. Closest is trading between 2 emulators on the Same PC or LAN connection.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2012
not if you use hamachi if you use hamachi one person i.e. me stets up the server and other people also install hamachi on their computers and then they join the server and they can talk on the forums and then battle each other by using vba link and if you do it right (in which i will post up a tutorial once i have finished making it) you will be using a virtual link from your pc to your freinds pc and then you are done.

UPDATE - SERVER ALMOST FINISHED GOT ONE LAST THING TO DO.

Server is ready for testing so first person to ask gets to help me test to check that it works.

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I've got Hamachi.
What game you using, I can help test it

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2012
I am using Pokemon Fire red to try it you will need to have vba link as well and join my network on hamachi the name is Pokecommunity GBA Server and the password is Pokecommunity.

Pothus

The Necromancer
Years
I actually really like this idea, would we be using the VisualBoy Advance program?

If not, I'd like to know.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2012
yes we will be using vba link and hamachi (hamachi is to lock onto the connection that is coming from the server so no matter who you are trading pokemon with or batteling it would be as if they were right beside you playing the game with you on a gameboy advance.

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2013
This sounds so epicsauce, I tried trading with myself using VBA Link running in Wine on my Mac, but this sounds better.
Will it be possible for me to connect to the server and run VBA Link in Wine at the same time?
I'm not sure about using Hamachi though, sounds kinda risky :/

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2012
Update Due to my recent posts i have scripted my own version so now only VBA link is needed als yes it will work on a mac and the server will be ready very soon

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2012
Sorry for the delay but i haver been working hard on getting this sorted and am ready fo someone to help me test it. i will post up the tutorial with in the next 10 hours and will be waiting for someone to offer to help me test it. i am also going to be offering people to run their own sub server for their personal use for example someone could have a sub server for their trade shop i will be opening 25 positions for this for now and more will come once them positions are filled.

Thank you

------------------------------------
Baymouth

Years
This sounds amazing, I would like to help but you have to tell me what I have to do. Anyways this seems really interesting so keep us posted with updates please. Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2012
will do,
I have almost finished creating the tutorial and i can now give 25 people a dedicated server if requested they would purely only have to worry about what they want happening on their dedicated server for example they could have a dedicated server for their trade shop or for their tournaments. these 25 people are only a start and more will come as time progresses.

Update: Due to lag issues the use of hamachi has been re instated.

Tutorial:
Step one-

download and install hamachi. Make sure you click non comercial license when installing.

now hamachi is a program that allows computers to connect on a virtual network. once connected you can use it to chat with other people conected to the same network as you. Since the computers are "connected" people find ways to use it to play online, transfer files, etc.

once installed simply join the network Pokecommunity GBA Server (if you need any help with this step please pm me)

Step two - download vba link. when you start it go to
options - link click wireless adapter
then goto options - link - settings
click network
then goto the client tab
replace localhost with the server ip (once released)
then your done

further update: This is now a closed beta so request use only! once i am happy with the performance of the server i will open the server to everyone without requests.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2012
#Higaki
Will do thanks

Update:Server Beta Testing Is Now OPEN!, First ten to apply gets to be the first ever players on the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back